British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Ipswich Vs Somerset Pl Thurs April 28th

Well done Somerset again, especially Josh beating King twice, reverse fixture tomorrow will be just as tight IMO.

Think you will have our measure tomorrow night. Our reserves will be awful though at least Paco scoring now. Covatti wont be as poor for sure but riders like Sarjeant and Risager may struggle. Fancy you will win by at least 12

When you run 12 last places there is little chance that you will get anything out of a meeting. Poor effort from the Witches tonight.

Solid workmanlike performance from the Rebels. Well deserving of their win.

Allen and BWD look like 2 who by the end of the season could be proper gems to have IMO.

• Like 2

Good result for the Rebels and should easily win again tomorrow.

My first meeting of the season. Someone (far more knowledgeable about the sport than me) said to me at the start of season "I can only see 3 worse teams than us, we might scrape into the top ten", watching that lot tonight, I think he could be right.

It's OK us hearing "when they all click", but how often is that going to happen?

Poor showing tonight from the Witches . Nothing but workman like performance from the Rebels came saw got the job they need to do done .

Solid looking team they have got there nothing spectacular but a team that come the end of the season should easily find themselves in the play offs.

Agree with that Allen and BWD could be real stars for the Rebels

• Like 1

Danny King was the difference between a respectable home defeat and the walloping Somerset gave to Panthers, They are a good team that are highly underestimated and very motivated.

Rockets narrow home LC win against Somerset looks a good result now. I suspect the PL meeting will be rather different

• Like 1

Rockets narrow home LC win against Somerset looks a good result now. I suspect the PL meeting will be rather different

I don't think there is any doubt about that ,I think they will be a different team when they come knocking for league points

Think you will have our measure tomorrow night. Our reserves will be awful though at least Paco scoring now. Covatti wont be as poor for sure but riders like Sarjeant and Risager may struggle. Fancy you will win by at least 12

King is a Pairs winner and Covatti was a pain last season particularly as a guest at our place. I agree that I think the reserves will be pivotal, additionally the Wright/Starke pair are quite potent this year. A Rebels win for me by about 8.

When another club closes due to poor attendances and you remember the day you stayed in to watch TV... what's the matter with people these days?

Spot on👍🏼

See you soon at Rye🏁

A bad night for Nico, 3 falls cost Witches.

fair play to him for getting up in 13. No one couldve blamed him had he stayed down.

Oh look the rain has just arrived

Every year we say that this could be the time somerset get closer, but it just never happens.

Well apart from last year when they got a draw .

Oh forgot about that. Damn. It's hard to call this year with their new riders. If they like foxhall it's gonna be tough.

And 2011 when we won :lol::drink:

Witches 42 - Rebels 51

Edited by womble53

Fair play to Somerset, they were alot better than I was expecting tonight and fully deserving of the win.

The Witches tonight can be described in 2 words I'm afraid.

" No comment "

I'm not liking the 50%+ chance of rain predictions for 8-00pm. They'll get my money and I'll probably see nothing for it!

First time I've ever quoted myself but to be fair, it didn't rain, they got my money and I was correct in saying I got nothing for it!

Apart from getting bloody cold!

Edited by Super Blue

Fair play to Somerset, they were alot better than I was expecting tonight and fully deserving of the win.

" No comment "

First time I've ever quoted myself but to be fair, it didn't rain, they got my money and I was correct in saying I got nothing for it!

" No comment "

Panthers fans felt exactly the same on sunday