British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry V Wolves Monday 9th May

I think its more to do with the fact that its the last season at Brandon, the stadium is looking tired and people are apathetic to it all now, add that to the feelings surrounding events of yesteryear with Sandhu in charge the sport in our city has gradually declined.

Even more so to get behind the team then. When it's gone it's gone and if the support isn't there now why would anyone invest in keeping the club going, and finding/building a new stadium for the future.

Jesus, Smallmead was a tip and I think we had 2 or 3 good years following Per Jonsson's tragic accident in 1994 through to 2008, but what I've give to have that old tip and a mediocre team back now.

• Like 3

2004 immediately springs to mind when both the Bees and the Cougars finished bottom of their respective leagues. No sign of Mick Horton then because Avtar Sandhu was promoter that year and strangely enough even though they kept losing I wasn't that bothered and still enjoyed the racing. There is just a handful of people on here who continually moan about everything even though they don't go. Probably part of their mid-life crisis. Bless. :lol:

Do you still enjoy the racing Gemini ?

Should be an interesting meeting this one. Either Coventry get going or Wolves keep on stacking up the points.

If the main four at Coventry go well they should be able to win here but are Wolves coming to repeat their early season performance that started them in the climb up to the top of the table or was that just a short burst of form against teams struggling.

After four wins Wolves couldn't find heat winners at Poole and Bech hasn't started well and Clegg struggling to beat any one so far.

Is Garrity starting to get things going and which Kasprzak will turn up which can be the same for King. Coventry should be better this time but it could be another away win here but not by much

Do you still enjoy the racing Gemini ?

Yes, I do otherwise I wouldn't bother driving over from Leicester. Wasn't very good tonight though.

Saturday May 07, 2016

COVENTRY Speedway are pleased to announce Monday's Elite League clash with Wolverhampton has now been designated a £10-admission meeting for all adults.

And the Buildbase Bees will also return to a seven-man team for the meeting as Polish youngster Kacper Woryna has been declared fit to return.

Bees bosses have taken the decision to slash prices for the meeting down from the regular £17 adult price, during what has been a busy run of fixtures at both Elite and National League levels.

Wolves took an away win at Brandon back in early April and the Bees are keen to gain revenge for that result against a team who have only lost once so far this season.

Woryna crashed out of the 44-46 defeat at King's Lynn just under a month ago, and makes his comeback from a hand injury ahead of schedule.

Under-16 admission on Monday is free as normal, with student rates remaining at £5 on proof of status.

The admission offer is naturally extended to all supporters, including those who will be backing our visitors. No previous match tickets or booking in advance will be required.

• Like 3

I thought the offer was for those who attended the Storm meeting? Good that tickets have been reduced but not very good that it wasn't announced before the storm meeting rather than day after.

No change is being made for Coventry then. We welcome back a 4pt rider in Woryna and they think that strengthens us. 👎🏻

Saturday May 07, 2016

COVENTRY Speedway are pleased to announce Monday's Elite League clash with Wolverhampton has now been designated a £10-admission meeting for all adults.

And the Buildbase Bees will also return to a seven-man team for the meeting as Polish youngster Kacper Woryna has been declared fit to return.

Bees bosses have taken the decision to slash prices for the meeting down from the regular £17 adult price, during what has been a busy run of fixtures at both Elite and National League levels.

Wolves took an away win at Brandon back in early April and the Bees are keen to gain revenge for that result against a team who have only lost once so far this season.

Woryna crashed out of the 44-46 defeat at King's Lynn just under a month ago, and makes his comeback from a hand injury ahead of schedule.

Under-16 admission on Monday is free as normal, with student rates remaining at £5 on proof of status.

The admission offer is naturally extended to all supporters, including those who will be backing our visitors. No previous match tickets or booking in advance will be required.

Disgusting, I attended yesterday so i could get the discount rate for Monday now I'm being told there is no discount for those that attended yesterday. You are liars and pretty much committing fraud to us fans that went yesterday in good faith. I'm seriously thinking thats me done with the club and will NOT be there Monday. Absolute scumbags.

What makes it worse is the original deal was only announced Thursday why the hell didnt you announce this deal on Thuraday instead? Oh i know to try and get a bit more from us.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

Disgusting, I attended yesterday so i could get the discount rate for Monday now I'm being told there is no discount for those that attended yesterday. You are liars and pretty much committing fraud to us fans that went yesterday in good faith. I'm seriously thinking thats me done with the club and will NOT be there Monday. Absolute scumbags.

What makes it worse is the original deal was only announced Thursday why the hell didnt you announce this deal on Thuraday instead? Oh i know to try and get a bit more from us.

There you go glad you have seen the light

There you go glad you have seen the light

I seen the light ages ago but I don't base my opinion on what I personally think about a person. Sometimes I agree with them sometimes I don't, different situations has different opinions. This one is an awful one.

There is a deal. You still get in for £10. But this way rather than watching a meeting with 350 fans as everyone stays at home and their being no atmosphere you'll now be surroundd by 1000 fans and a great chance of some atmosphere all at 0 cost to you.

We all moan clubs don't do anything to promote Sky meeting and get fans in but when Coventry do people complain.

The people who ARE losing out are season ticket holders.

There is a deal. You still get in for £10. But this way rather than watching a meeting with 350 fans as everyone stays at home and their being no atmosphere you'll now be surroundd by 1000 fans and a great chance of some atmosphere all at 0 cost to you.

We all moan clubs don't do anything to promote Sky meeting and get fans in but when Coventry do people complain.

The people who ARE losing out are season ticket holders.

I don't see a deal here for any fan who attended one of the last two Storm matches simply to get the advertised concession price of £10 for Mondays meeting.

In fact you could argue that it will have cost them £22. The timing of the announcement "stinks", but not really a surprise.

• Like 2

Its not often I criticise the Bees Management but this is absolutely disgusting. they`ve hoodwinked the fans into going to the storm match under the guise they`ll be getting two meetings for £20 then when they`ve taken their money they`ve changed the deal. I think its near on daylight robbery...I`ve never said a cross word about Mick but this time he`s gone too far...Probably most who went to the storm match wouldn`t have gone and just paid the £17 EACH for the Bees meeting....I was going to go to the Monday meeting but not now Mick wont get another penny out of our family.....

Edited by dornier
  • Like 2

It was only a matter of time before he pulled a stint like this. Just out to grab as much money as he can in his final year.

Won't be there Monday due to work but wouldn't have gone anyway with it being on sky.

So the pole returns, let's hope he turns our season around then seeming Horton was holding out for him to come back rather than making a change.

No change, RR got 9 last week. Woeful management who are robbing the public whilst they can. Disgrace.

Why no change for King if we're that determined to keep the pole?!

Edited by Bees_Man