British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SuzieQ

Hotels in Stockholm

Can anyone tell me the hotels that are near to the stadium ? I am sure that one along the road was a Rakissons but my map of Stockholm from my last visit is not much use and I really don't want to have to walk too far or try and figure out their local transport again!

Any help would be appreicated!

I am also looking into going to either of the Swedish GP's. Could anybody please advise me on the best airlines for cheapest flights and for which GP is best to go to -either Stockholm or Gothenburg? I know its late for Stockholm but just wondered roughly how much the flights are? Thanks again everyone :)

Hi Gooner,

It depends where you're based, but I notice that you can still fly from Stansted with Ryanair for £15 return + tax to "Stockholm", although I should point out that the coach fare from Vasteras into central Stockholm is probably more than the cost of the flight!

Hi Gooner,

It depends where you're based, but I notice that you can still fly from Stansted with Ryanair for £15 return + tax to "Stockholm", although I should point out that the coach fare from Vasteras into central Stockholm is probably more than the cost of the flight!

Only problem with the ryanair flights is that they have a blackout period from 30th April to 3rd May where the tickets are not so cheap due to major sporting events! So that rules the GP out! Does anybody know whether that means you cant fly to Stockholm between those dates or whether you can fly but just pay for a more expensive flight?? :)

Ryanair don't recognise Speedway as a major sporting event! Log in to their website and you will see that you book to fly out on either the Friday or Saturday morning, returning Sunday or Monday for £15 return + tax.

Thanks Nicks Notes, I didnt realise that. I wll have a proper look later. So which is the nearest airport to Stockholm for the GP?? How far away is the airport in Stockholm with RyanAir has the cheap flights with - compared to the GP? Any info appreciated :)

There are 3 airports serving Stockholm. The main international hub, used by carriers such as BA is Arlanda, 40km from the city centre. Busus run every 15min to the city centre, take 40 min and cost 80Kr. There is also a frequent train service that costs twice as much but takes half the time.

Ryanair use two other 'airports'. Skavsta which is 100km from the city centre. Buses meet their flights and charge 100Kr for the 80 minute journey.

Vasteras is also 100km from the city centre, and again has a dedicated bus service timed for Ryanair arrivals and departures. Similar charge for similar timed journey.

Go well .

Thanks again Nicks Notes! That is a big help! I am also hoping to book up going to Gothenburg from using Ryan air. As I have had NO experience booking with Ryanair, when it currently says booking period till end of June, does that mean until June prices are £5.99? Can I still book up for August for Gothenburg now and accept the prices will be slightly more? Also, am I better off waiting for a cheaper deal nearer the time to Gothenburg or should I book now?Is the airport in Gothenburg near the speedway?

Sorry, have so many questions!!! Thanks :)

I've taken a look at the Ryanair website www.ryanair.co.uk but cannot see the reference to June booking period you mention. However, what normally happens with Ryanair and Easyjet is that they have promotions whereby they will put a number of seats up for sale at a silly price until a certain date or until they are all sold, whichever is the earlier. However, they only do it for routes and/or flight times that aren't selling. The better selling flights normally increase the price up to the day of departure. The best way to do it is click on the book now button on their web site and see if you like the price, - Gothenberg in August is currently coming out more expensive than Stockholm in May.

Gothenberg city airport (airport is rather a grand description - it's more like a couple of warehouses in a field with a runway) is 15km from the city centre. Dedicated buses to the central station are timed for all arrivals/departures. Ullevi Stadium, The main 'Avenue', and the vast majority of hotels are all within walking distance of the central station.

Considering going to Gothenburg this year. What's it like there, is there plenty to see/do?

Guest cheetahhawk
Considering going to Gothenburg this year. What's it like there, is there plenty to see/do?

I went there many years ago,it was a very nice place to visit.

Of course it has probably changed a lot like most places but the Liseberg funfair is still there and that is well worth a visit. If I remember right there is a maritime museum there and there were some beautiful parks all over the town,but like I said that has probably changed a lot.It was very clean when I went there,no litter or graffitti but in those days most other places had little of that too.

I would like to go there again but at the moment family committments prevent me from making any plans beyond next week or so :sad:

Thanks, Cheetahhawk. Think I'll start looking into it. Firstly I'll ask my boss if that weekend is free.