British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Raiders V Stoke Mon 2nd May After Premier At 2pm Approx 4-4.30

How can it be a sensible rule not to be able to release a rider who is not doing the job he is employed to do..It would not happen in any other business..Theoretically it could reduce attendances to a point where that business becomes unsustainable...Now I'm not saying that would happen at Rye and the management obviously hope given time there will be an improvement..

As Ben says, it's one of the more sensible rules, made even better by the introduction this year of the 5 point minimum (which I think should really be 7 for 7 point riders). Unfortunately for us, Nicolai Klindt bailing out late in the day forced the management into a panic buy which isn't working out. There again, and I don't expect many to agree with me, I'd rather see Peter trying his best to make the grade rather than watching Klindt fannying about in his own inimitable style. It could be worse, Redcar have wasted 7 points on Jacob Bukhave who's scoring less than Peter.

• Like 1

How can it be a sensible rule not to be able to release a rider who is not doing the job he is employed to do..It would not happen in any other business..Theoretically it could reduce attendances to a point where that business becomes unsustainable...Now I'm not saying that would happen at Rye and the management obviously hope given time there will be an improvement..

Alan's summed it up above, basically it should deter teams from signing assessed riders who they don't think will make the grade in the first place. If they sign a guy who isn't good enough they only have themselves to blame when they can't sack him because the rules don't allow it.

How do they know they are going to make the grade until they sign them ..They dont ,they hope they will, and if it does not work out.they are lumbered

How do they know they are going to make the grade until they sign them ..They dont ,they hope they will, and if it does not work out.they are lumbered

Makes sense to me, more incentive to sign a british rider.

I can see the point about incentive to sign a British rider but that's the only good thing I see about the assessed average rule for foreign riders..

Rob has a lot of potential - Rye need to invest in his talent and bring him up to

Standard such as Wright Stark Sargeant and Kerr all Natinal league boys who struggled at first.

To be fair to Rob he didn't really struggle last season , he had his best season so far but was a victim of circumstances , I'm sure he would be back at Edinburgh but they had a choice to make.

He took it on the chin and i think whoever takes a punt on him will be on a winner , hopefully it's Rye as I know he wants it to be there.

Junior

If you saw Peter Kargers scores in Denmark it was obvious he wasn't top notch. Would've been better to get him over for a few days for a try out to see how he looked. Maybe time constraints due to Klindt quitting forced the promotions hand, but whoever sanctioned that signing needs to have a word with themselves. Puts extra undue pressure on Ben Morley and will undoubtedly lose us meetings we should be winning. I can't see any improvement in Peter unfortunately.

Edited by Shads

Shads do you think Brian Karger may have had some thing to do with the decision being an ex world class rider himself ?

Shads do you think Brian Karger may have had some thing to do with the decision being an ex world class rider himself ?

If the lad was signed because of what his dad did then it's a sorry state of affairs. Not enough research was done by the looks of it, his Danish scores are poor and there are riders heavily out scoring him there who struggle in the PL. that should have been enough to realise he isn't up to it. There is nobody or no rule to blame execpt the promotion for signing a duff rider.

When Karger toured last year my impression of him would be around the 3rd NL Level Heat leader, that sort of standard.

Very Suprised when he got a PL birth.

Put it this way. If his name wasn't Karger we would never have heard of him.

From all reports he's a really nice bloke, but unfortunately not up to the standard required. As a fan who pays through the gate I expect the best side the promotion can afford to put out there within budget. Sentiment doesn't come into it.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 3

I agree Shads it was more about the name than anything else ..

To be fair to Rob he didn't really struggle last season , he had his best season so far but was a victim of circumstances , I'm sure he would be back at Edinburgh but they had a choice to make.

He took it on the chin and i think whoever takes a punt on him will be on a winner , hopefully it's Rye as I know he wants it to be there.

I think Rob would do a great job for Rye at reserve, surely the new promotion need to do something like Peterborough have done.

Show the paying public some respect and give us a product worth paying to watch

Don't go down the Len Silver route and stay loyal for the sake of it.

Junior

The promotion should act like Peterborough have done.

Show the paying public some respect and give us a product worth watching.

Rob Branford would be a much better option at reserve, he never knows when he's beat and is a great team player.

The promotion should act like Peterborough have done.

Show the paying public some respect and give us a product worth watching.

Rob Branford would be a much better option at reserve, he never knows when he's beat and is a great team player.

Sorry senior moment, posted on wrong thread