British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Ipswich Vs Rye House Thurs 12th May Koc 1st Leg

Trouble is he's always going to have to fight for his points because he can't gate. Always battling/he's a nice guy, are arguments in the same vein for me. I don't particularly care, I want a bloke who can score the points.

Because he's just as good around Rye and in our number one race jacket.

Personally id keep Kasper does a job and always good for a few points, Lanham and Karger need to go for me

Personally id keep Kasper does a job and always good for a few points, Lanham and Karger need to go for me

Kasper usually has a pass in him. If Lanham misses the gate that's usually that.

• Like 1

What's your thoughts macca?

My thoughts? Well, if I had posted last night when I got home from the meeting, I would have been banned from the Forum for a spell.

24 hours on? I am totally underwhelmed by everything. I was fortunate that my first visit to Foxhall this season was on a,reasonably, warm, still evening - as otherwise I would have scored my experience on a Review web-site as -1 out of 5. The favourable climate last night would make me award my 'Foxhall Experience' as 0.5 out of 5.

It was mentioned last night that you guys have enjoyed the positivity and humour that I have included in the majority of my posts. TBH, I cannot find any positivity or humour to include in my Review of my visit last night.

Positives:

The car park attendants were easily identifiable, and one of the three I encountered gave off signs of life. The Heath was fairly dry last night, so my car had not sunk into the ground when I returned to it and, by the time I had said goodnight to you, I could easily locate my car amongst the thirty or so vehicles that were still there. I did not have to pay for parking. I recognised the music that was played after the riders had been introduced over the PA and enjoyed that. The Ipswich riders were easily identifiable by the strong yellow hue on their race-suits. Lewi Kerr won three heats from the gate. Sarjeant's performance was notable. Ritchings looked more like a speedway rider than I thought he would - but I didn't think he would look anything like a speedway rider, so that doesn't say a lot. I got slightly interested in two of the fifteen heats. I enjoyed Cam Heeps style of riding and would be interested in sponsoring him. Eddie Kennett receives a lot of criticism, but exuded class and resembled a speedway rider form the era when I enjoyed watching speedway. There was an adequate attendance, despite the lack of promotion that I encountered in my part of Ipswich ( I honestly believe that if I spent, say, two hours a week on it, I would be be putting more time into promoting the Club than the current Promotion do). I did not bump into Mike Smillie. I eventually found where you guys were sitting and enjoyed your company. I recognised two of the ticket selling ladies from 1984. I was impressed by the lady who served me a pint in whatever bar it was that I went into. and the beer, despite being drunk from a plastic container, was flavoursome. The 99p clappers I bought were tested and found to be adequate. I haven't heard yet that I was spotted driving over 60 mph over the Bridge I was home before 10 pm and I had not wet myself. Oh, I enjoyed seeing images of the impressive race jacket collection that 'cityrebel' showed me on his smart phone and I was interested sufficiently to consider travelling to Hoddesdon for the return leg, but after hearing cityrebel's review of his viits to Rye Mouse, I checked, and I am washing my hair that night.

Negatives:

(This part of the post have been removed from the Forum due to the large amount of bandwidth used and the unacceptable language used by this Poster, who has been warned about his future conduct.)

Apparently the sport of speedway is still held at the venue where I enjoyed the sport so much between September 1975 and April 1985, but I did not encounter much of it at Foxhall Heath on Thursday 12 May 2016.

I hope that this answers your question reasonably satisfactorily.

PS - James Shanes Entertains

Edited by macca56

I have no idea what has been removed from your post there macca, but I'll take a wild stab in the dark and assume you didn't particularly enjoy the racing Thursday evening? :lol:

• Like 1

Kasper usually has a pass in him. If Lanham misses the gate that's usually that.

No reason they couldn't both go. Kasper hasn't improved, that's the name of the game when trying to build a winning team. The only thing that would save him for me over Lanham is that Kasper is our asset.

Damn I so want to see what macca had removed lol.

given he has split his stitches from a recent op im not sure you do!!
  • Like 1

Do you have warning points from the forum police Macca? They look so nice by ones name! I got a short ban and warning points for persistently? starting up new perfectly valid threads. Well twice anyway. Bizarre!

You'll have to let us know what you said either by pm or next time at Foxhall?

Edited by Super Blue
  • Like 1

The whole place needs an uplift. Problem is I can't see it happening. Most people have less money to spend, and there are more organisations that are vying for your money.How does speedway, with its poor advertising reputation compete with others.

• Like 1

I had some lymph nodes removed, but I was joshing about the stitches bursting, sorry, so no evil looking gaping wound to post on Fish Face Book, I'm afraid.

I have received points in the past and received some interesting PMs from variosd Admin members, but that was a long time ago, so no little additions next to my name current bunly, Super Blue.

And I agree with TB, the whole place needs a thorough makeover, maybe we could get Charlie Dimmock to visit the Heath one night. Whatever did happen to her and her amazing unfettered chesticles? Firm but Fair they were all right. The whole evening smacked of just going the motions to me, and we know what happens if you have a motion. It all turns into crap.....

I went into town last night for the first time for a long while and met my older son and his girlfriend and we went to Church's Cafe Bar for a meal. I parked my car about 600 metres from Church's and walked along Carr and Tavern Streets at just after 8pm. Now, I'm aware that a number of people frequent the Marina area, or whatever it is labelled these days, rather than the town centre, and I understand that the majority of younger people drink at home these days before coming into town at about midnight, but I can honestly say that I saw eight fellow human beings only on my walk to Church's, two of whom were homeless guys settling down for the night. Then, when I got to Church's, there were just three people downstairs in the bar, two of whom were my son and his lady, and when we went upstairs to eat, the three of us were the only ones eating..... The whole evening smacked of the Marie Celeste or a post apocalyptic zombie movie. How long will it be before the last one out turns the (dim) lights off at Foxhall for the speedway....? What a sad state of affairs.

I had some lymph nodes removed, but I was joshing about the stitches bursting, sorry, so no evil looking gaping wound to post on Fish Face Book, I'm afraid.

I have received points in the past and received some interesting PMs from variosd Admin members, but that was a long time ago, so no little additions next to my name current bunly, Super Blue.

And I agree with TB, the whole place needs a thorough makeover, maybe we could get Charlie Dimmock to visit the Heath one night. Whatever did happen to her and her amazing unfettered chesticles? Firm but Fair they were all right. The whole evening smacked of just going the motions to me, and we know what happens if you have a motion. It all turns into crap.....

I went into town last night for the first time for a long while and met my older son and his girlfriend and we went to Church's Cafe Bar for a meal. I parked my car about 600 metres from Church's and walked along Carr and Tavern Streets at just after 8pm. Now, I'm aware that a number of people frequent the Marina area, or whatever it is labelled these days, rather than the town centre, and I understand that the majority of younger people drink at home these days before coming into town at about midnight, but I can honestly say that I saw eight fellow human beings only on my walk to Church's, two of whom were homeless guys settling down for the night. Then, when I got to Church's, there were just three people downstairs in the bar, two of whom were my son and his lady, and when we went upstairs to eat, the three of us were the only ones eating..... The whole evening smacked of the Marie Celeste or a post apocalyptic zombie movie. How long will it be before the last one out turns the (dim) lights off at Foxhall for the speedway....? What a sad state of affairs.

And plenty of crap we have had over the years. We take a good rider and turn him into crap. Poole take a crap rider and turn him into gold. Many of us criticize Poole for their money, but they always seem to have a togetherness and psychological edge over the opposition. That win at all costs mentality we had got lost year's ago.