British Speedway Forum
Tigerish

Sheffield Vs Rye House Pl 19-05-2016

I understand promotion don't call it off but they advise travelling supporters of the weather situation.. Never did they tweet rain had got heavy and meeting was in doubt and inspection planned at 7

Sheffield away used to be a must not miss in my speedway calender, but personal circumstances have changed, so away meetings, other than Ipswich and Peterborough, have had to be binned

Not even Scunny for the pie and peas, Shads? ;)

All the best

Rob

Not even Scunny for the pie and peas, Shads? ;)

All the best

Rob

Possibly as it's a Sunday.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

The forecast was for the rain to stop at about 7.00. The Referee said to give it until then, before a decision was made. If the rain had stopped by 7.00, the meeting would be on, although the start would be delayed and the second half probably cancelled. The rain showed no sign of easing, so he called the meeting off. Nothing to do with the Promtion.

Peter Clark is the culprit. We got out of the car at 7:10 and by 7:12 it had stopped raining. At the track at 7:20 it looked as though a quick scrape and the meeting could have been on. The clouds were lifting and there was no more rain all evening.

People who saw the track walk said that Ed K. was pointing animatedly at every wet patch and he obviously didn't want to make a spectacle of himself again.

Just out of interest, did it stop raining? And if so, what time......?

19:12

People who saw the track walk said that Ed K. was pointing animatedly at every wet patch and he obviously didn't want to make a spectacle of himself again.

Yeah, obvious. You heard it second hand and jumped to that conclusion.

Out of interest, when did he make "a spectacle of himself" there?

Do we know Simon Steads thoughts about the state of the track?

Edited by Shads

I was in the café when it was called off and it had been raining heavily between 5:30 and 7ish. When I left at about 7:30 it had stopped but the track was definitely too wet and there was no prospect of it drying out quickly.

Sorry to anyone that travelled up.

It's a risky business being a speedway follower !!!

I was in the café when it was called off and it had been raining heavily between 5:30 and 7ish. When I left at about 7:30 it had stopped but the track was definitely too wet and there was no prospect of it drying out quickly.

Sorry to anyone that travelled up.

It's a risky business being a speedway follower !!!

So when the tweet at 5.42 light drizzle went out maybe a further update may have been appropriate

UPDATE| TRACK PERFECT for tonight v Rye House. We have avoided watering due to forecast. Light drizzle due to clear - GAME ON!

This has annoyed me as its not the first time its happened and a 80 mile round trip doesnt come cheap and also takes time... Any doubt in the future and we will just not risk it