British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Belle Vue Aces 23/5/16 Sky Meeting

They just watered it a bit too late.

The weather forecast taken earlier in the day was for some light showers in late afternoon/early evening. As the day progressed it became apparant that the light rain was not going to happen so the track was (over?) watered shortly before the start which went some considerable way to creating some of the issues with the racing surface.

Thats not to say there aren't still some issues with the base which will be sorted asap.

The skies were clear mate, so there was no problem with the watering. Nothing wrong with the base its the top stuff. Nothing that a good spike more dirt then left then a good grade wouldn't fix. Then a good blade. Turn one needs a bit more attention. But it will all be sorted way before the play off final..

Edited by Starman2006

you make it all sound so easy starman(prepared many speedway tracks have we?) on the plus side if it is that easy it will already have been done, problem solved for the rest of the season

• Like 1

The skies were clear mate, so there was no problem with the watering. Nothing wrong with the base its the top stuff. Nothing that a good spike more dirt then left then a good grade wouldn't fix. Then a good blade. Turn one needs a bit more attention. But it will all be sorted way before the play off final..

ah nice to know your a track expert! Perhaps Ford should ask for your help!!! It will be sorted for the play off final??? Whose track Belle Vues or Swindons?? Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

ah nice to know your a track expert! Perhaps Ford should ask for your help!!! It will be sorted for the play off final??? Whose track Belle Vues or Swindons??

No ours, and im very friendly with the old track curator who did the track for donkeys years before he retired. And education to listen to..

Definitely not a track expert!

Claimed the Belle Vue track was a rush job when he was told the state it was in last November, yes November, well over 100 days before the opening meeting!

Dissapeared from the thread when it was pointed out that the same amount of track that took 100 days to complete (in a rush, lol!) was dug up to below the base and completely reinstated in only 10 days without rushing.

I wouldn't rely on his opinion about anything, never mind speedway.

Hah hah, you know it was a rush job, but you'l neve admit that... :icon_smile_clown: But hey, thats what happens when you get contractors in and the stadium is owned by the council..

Edited by Starman2006

Gerrald was at poole all day. Really don't know who your imformer is.

I didn't say he wasn't there I said he didn't do the track. Be that as it may there is no doubt that there were underlying problems with the track rather than failures of the track staff.

Hah hah, you know it was a rush job, but you'l neve admit that... :icon_smile_clown: But hey, thats what happens when you get contractors in and the stadium is owned by the council..

Same old old from you, we had a very wet winter and contractors who tried cutting corners to complete on time, in hindsight they should of held their hands up and told the council that the weather has held them up and they won't complete on time.

Come up and have a look now, a fab, fast, smooth well banked race track that's a credit to British speedway.

I didn't say he wasn't there I said he didn't do the track.

Yes he did do the track. Next question.

Same old old from you, we had a very wet winter and contractors who tried cutting corners to complete on time, in hindsight they should of held their hands up and told the council that the weather has held them up and they won't complete on time.

Come up and have a look now, a fab, fast, smooth well banked race track that's a credit to British speedway.

Yeh id love to, but you must keep some of your fans in check... Assuming Flange is A BV fan.. :nono:

Yes he did do the track. Next question.

o:

There is no next question because I didn't ask a first question. I simply made a factual comment.

If I, or anyone else on here had a question about anything at all, you don't seriously believe we' d go to a nitwit like you for the answer do you ?

(Unless we wanted to know Jerran Harts release date )

• Like 1

There is no next question because I didn't ask a first question. I simply made a factual comment.

If I, or anyone else on here had a question about anything at all, you don't seriously believe we' d go to a nitwit like you for the answer do you ?

(Unless we wanted to know Jerran Harts release date )

Take my word for it pal. Gerrald was down the stadium and was doing the track all day. Now i don't know who your imformant is but he/she is totally wrong.

• Like 1