British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Bspa Have Blocked Richard Hall`s Move To Brum!

Fromafar looks like you have a axe to grind with Mr Hall. So he should be denied riding?

• Like 1

Fromafar looks like you have a axe to grind with Mr Hall. So he should be denied riding?

Just my opinion,no axe to grind with Hall although I don't think he is wanting to help them for the good of his health and I pretty sure he would not have been turning up for expenses and £5 a point which was mooted when the league was formed.The league was formed to help encourage new young riders into the sport not to subsidise older riders on the way down.The sport has lost its way and now teams in NL have to win at all costs and make money and certainly some Teams are pay riders silly money in relation to their talent .Teams like Birmingham,Cradley & Eastbourne should be in Pl like Buster states in SS this week.I admit I an very disillusioned and sad to to a great sport being run into the ground and don't see much light at the end of the tunnel.The promoters have to stop paying out money that the don't have.It is obvious that some clubs have people in the background "helping" them out financially ,and speedway fans are very generous when asked to "save the club" by putting their hands in their pocket,but that is not a good situation to be in IMO .
  • Like 1

In my opinion, it is difficult to improve at anything unless you practice long and hard and in any form of competition you need someone better than you to form a benchmark.

Jon Armstrong and Tony Atkin are excellent examples of older riders mentoring, advising and helping to improve younger riders, why Richard Hall cannot assume such a role is beyond me?

Aspiring to beat someone better and more experienced can only be good and many people like the idea of young NL heat leaders becoming automatic choices for PL team reserve berths.

If Richard Hall was leading from the front in NL, (and that actually remains to be seen!) younger riders like the Piddletown Express, Ashley Morris, Robert Branford and Ben Morley et al would immediately make it their business to try to humble him, what is wrong with that?

If Ben Wilson can have a hinged door between PL and NL, I cannot see why Richard Hall cannot?

We hear the persistent drip drip snivelling from NL managers and promoters that there are not enough riders available for their teams, yet Richard Hall is unemployed, British and highly experienced. What on earth is going on at the British Stuffedshirt Promoters Association?

Introduce rider control again and send him to Buxton!

Edited by oldsparky
  • Like 1

Hall could go to Buxton if he wanted. His move was blocked in order to shaft Birmingham.