British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees V Belle Vue Aces 27/05/2016

Embarrassing and KK are 2 things that usually go together well.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

World Under 21 Champion. World number 2.

What's embarrassing is calling some own with them achievements embarrassing! What's Fast Freddie achieved exactly? Less than Chris Harris, same number of GP wins but Harris has more podiums and finished 6th to Fast Freddie's 8th. Ouch!

World Under 21 Champion. World number 2.

What's embarrassing is calling some own with them achievements embarrassing! What's Fast Freddie achieved exactly? Less than Chris Harris, same number of GP wins but Harris has more podiums and finished 6th to Fast Freddie's 8th. Ouch!

Bless, you must have been so proud of the blonde one in 2015.

Bees also had bad luck.

Lindgren,Woryna & King falling. EF for Garrity in 2 rides including the 0-5. Shocking guest in Lindgren. We were unlucky to lose Bates on the eve of the meeting as well. l.

I don't consider falls bad luck or picking a guest who didn't score well. What I think most will consider bad luck is when riders have engine failures on the last lap or even last bend when in unchallenged good scoring positions. That cost us 5 points which would have won the match. But as I said, Coventry won, that's how it goes sometimes and it tends to even out over time.

On a different note it was good to see a decent crowd and I certainly hope that wasn't one of my last visits to Brandon. Coventry must must survive.

• Like 3

Why put King of Gate 2 in heat 15 when he can only normally win a race from gate 4 which he did in his previous ride.

Good crowd tonight, Harris was brilliant.

Lindgren was awful, KK would have had a field day tonight.

Tbf slightly odd choices in ht 15 from both teams, but king over Freddie less arrange than cook over zagar IMHO.

Harris the difference between the two teams, given the edr were evenly matched (Steve Worralls worst score of season, albeit with 3 lost due to ef?), and bv second strings outscored woryna/ga rritty. Ef really cost the aces.

Bless, you must have been so proud of the blonde one in 2015.

Remind me where Freddie finished in the world champs last year...
  • Like 1

Monday proved that the no.1 you refer to is worse than the rider he replaced and that rider isn't a no. 1 anymore. Back to his best Lindgren is a good guest and will do a good job.

You were saying? :lol: Five points, which would have been four if Nicholls hadn't packed in. Almost as bad a guest as Hans Andersen.

Anyway, good match, good crowd, good atmosphere and good music. Thank you.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 2

Congratulation to Coventry on a great win against a strong Belle Vue team.

Good to see a big crowd and also some good racing.

For Coventry

Harris was brilliant to watch and only dropped one point to an opposing rider. Looked full of confidence again. King carried on his great form.

It was frustrating to see Garrity have bike problems in first rides but once he sorted them he had so much speed and was unbeaten by a aces rider. Woryna looked abit uncomfortable compared to normal but that's understandable after what's recently happen.

Sarjeant's points tonight do not reflect how well he rode. He had a great race to go from last to join Kacper on a 5-1 in heat 2 and was always in the thick of it in his other races. A lot more confidence & speed.

Both guests were poor tonight. Branford tried hard but is not a top 5 rider. Lindgren was shocking.

For Belle Vue I thought Fricke was brilliant and very fast. He gated well all night. Always love watching him at Brandon. For some reason he's been at Brandon in the pits at our last few meetings so strange to see him on track instead lol.

Cook and Zagar looked great in some races but had a few off rides.

I was surprised that Nicholls & Worrall weren't better after watching them on Mon although Worrall was unlucky to lose heat 12.

Jacob looks really off the pace and out of his depth.

An enjoyable meeting. I have no doubt though that Belle Vue will get their revenge on Monday

Fricke lives in Coventry, has a Coventry company as his main sponsor and if you believe the odd rumour almost joined the Bees this season.

Excellent win for the Bees who were obviously weakened with KK and Bates missing. The biggest thing for me was the crowd, thats exactly what we need more of going forward

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

Fricke lives in Coventry, has a Coventry company as his main sponsor and if you believe the odd rumour almost joined the Bees this season.

And then he came to his senses! :D

As for the 0-5 sounds like it was totally Garrity's fault rather than bad luck!

Yes, totally all Garritys fault with the chain coming off and seizing the back wheel and the bike having to be carried off.

• Like 4

It was bad refereeing. You're quite right it was Garrity's fault, he took Woryna off and only he should have been excluded and Woryna allowed back in the re-run. Bearing in mind Joe Jacobs was in that race we would have scored a 2-4 at worst possibly a 3-3.

• Like 1

Bad luck for The Aces but a point never the less so that's more points on the road than any other team currently. Hopefully the luck will come back one day.

Decent result for both teams, as I've said before I'd rather lose to the bees and have them here than the unthinkable alternative.

Should be close on Monday with KK loving it.

• Like 2

It ws very harsh to exclude Woryna as he was just trying to avoid Garrity as his bike slowed.

This is one of them quotes where you had to be there not make assumptions of an incident.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

Top performance from the bees tonight. I never expected that especially after being 9 down. Would have been more comfortable had lindgren turned up for anything but the cash. Amazing, he rode for the dingles and was like rubbish off a shovel and tonight looked like he was towing a caravan.

• Like 3

Really good meeting last night, thoroughly enjoyable. Couple of cracking rides from King and Garrity, and Harris thrilling as he ever is around Brandon. Fricke by far BV's best rider though Roberts Worrall rode well too I thought. Zagar started well but then seemed to lose his speed completely, not surprised he didn't ride in heat 15, and Cook just epitomised "gating tart" last night.

Good advert for the Elite League.

Garrity's chain came off the bike so the whole bike seized which made Woryna have to avoid him. Only Jason should have been excluded but ref excluded both which turned a 3-3 into a 0-5. Jason was also unlucky when beating Fricke in heat 1 before his engine blew.

Garrity was amazing in next 2 rides after sorting his bike and left Nicholls, Cook and the Worrall brothers trailing.

Good to see him coping so well in the top 5 😉

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

Enjoyed my trip to Brandon last night, got to admit that when I saw that Branford was guesting for Bates, I couldn't see anything other than an Aces win. However, it was a really spirited team effort from the under-strength Bees, led brilliantly by Chris Harris, great to see him in that sort of form. Thought the heat where Sargeant pinched 2nd place off Steve Worrall + Jason Garrity's last two rides in particular epitomised Coventry's determination to get something from the match - & continue the Bees outstanding record against the Aces in recent times.

The Aces didn't have enough riders firing on all cylinders. Max Fricke's excellent form continues & Richie Worrall did his job. However after two paid wins, Zagar couldn't get anywhere near Harris. Craig Cook was a bit up & down, though rode a storming heat 13 to just about keep Harris at bay. The Aces heroes from Monday night at Wimborne Road, Nicholls & Steve Worrall, weren't at their best, with Nicholls in particular looking relatively slow all night.

Overall a decent match in front of a healthy looking crowd on a lovely sunny evening. Hope the campaign to save the Bees gathers pace & the Bees are on track in 2017 & beyond - good luck to all involved!

• Like 8