British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees V Belle Vue Aces 27/05/2016

I bet he's embarrassed he only score 14.

Just waiting till he scores 4 again. :rofl:

Just waiting till he scores 4 again. :rofl:

For someone who had a go at me earlier and used a dead man to get a dig in (incorrectly), you're taking an awful lot of pleasure out of a guy scoring 4 points on the day he had attended the funeral of a family member.

For someone who had a go at me earlier and used a dead man to get a dig in (incorrectly), you're taking an awful lot of pleasure out of a guy scoring 4 points on the day he had attended the funeral of a family member.

Exactly. Kaspazak could have pulled out of the meeting but instead came from the funeral to ride for the bees, showing good commitment. You could tell his mind wasn't in it like usual though which was understandable.

With regards to this meeting last night, here is a video of heat 2

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.30553

Edited by mdmc82

I enjoyed the meeting, the track was well prepared and served up an entertaining meeting. We did well to get within three points as cookie, stevie, and scott wernt really firing and JJ was never at the races. Both teams suffered their share of bad luck and the Bees came on strong in the second half so fair play to them. Matej started well then tailed off somewhat, probably the stress of riding into the car park instead of the pits :). Bomber was excellent and was great to watch. Whats more important than any result is that Brandon continues to exist as a speedway venue. Walking down to the Royal Oak before the meeting i was imagining the impact a new housing estate on the speedway site would have on the local community, it would take away that village feel and with the extra traffic etc i would be suprised if any resident would want that. As we saw with our stadium building a new venue is not straightforward, Swindon are finding that out, and not forgetting Reading whose new home never materialized. The sport can not afford to lose Coventry and i hope im visiting Brandon for years to come.

• Like 5

I enjoyed the meeting, the track was well prepared and served up an entertaining meeting. We did well to get within three points as cookie, stevie, and scott wernt really firing and JJ was never at the races. Both teams suffered their share of bad luck and the Bees came on strong in the second half so fair play to them. Matej started well then tailed off somewhat, probably the stress of riding into the car park instead of the pits :). Bomber was excellent and was great to watch. Whats more important than any result is that Brandon continues to exist as a speedway venue. Walking down to the Royal Oak before the meeting i was imagining the impact a new housing estate on the speedway site would have on the local community, it would take away that village feel and with the extra traffic etc i would be suprised if any resident would want that. As we saw with our stadium building a new venue is not straightforward, Swindon are finding that out, and not forgetting Reading whose new home never materialized. The sport can not afford to lose Coventry and i hope im visiting Brandon for years to come.

Superb post.

Great meeting for the neutral. I thought the track was well prepared and allowed passing on the inside and outside. Writing looked on the wall for Bees after first few heats but I thought they fought back brilliantly. I was surprised by the performances of Lindgren and Nicholls. Lindgren looked very slow for some reason and I was expecting a big score from Scott after his good meeting at Poole on Monday. Both teams had equal amounts of good and bad luck. It will be a massive tragedy to lose Brandon with its facilities and when it serves up racing as it did on Friday night.

• Like 2