British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TonyE

Leicester Lions V Lakeside Hammers - 28 May Elite 'b' Fixture

Well I suppose a win is a win but if we are to progress to the playoffs we need to beat crap teams like Leicester by more than 2 pts.

You just beat a 5 rider team you said were crap in a last heat decider & you think your play off hopefuls, your post did make me smile.

Edited by robert72

I work on the track, race days and some other days.. Davey Watt rode last night with a bit of fire in his belly, when he came 2nd on two occasions, he was very vocal under his helmet, which shows his head and heart are now getting closer to being in the right place, when he ran a last in heat 15, he was also very vocal coming off track, angry with himself, for not holding on to a point scoring position... He did ok last night, and if he continues to improve, and swear under his helmet when it goes wrong and shows fight, then I'm sure he will recapture his old form...

• Like 4

You just beat a 5 rider team you said were crap in the last heat & you think your play off hopefuls, your post did make me smile.

Probably thought it was going to be an easy nights work after the embarrassment of the night before.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed it, Klindt's gating prowess last night can only be admired, and that's the third last heat decider I've witnessed in my last four meetings the other two being on the "Sunshine Isle of Wight." Pity "Popsy," who prances about on the centre green whilst I do the easy job of announcing heat results etc from the box on the sunshine isle, was sunning himself in Ibiza and, no doubt has been downing the odd Sangria or three, wasn't there as he missed a good 'un! AN interesting stat perhaps was that Klindt was the only rider to win a race from gate 4 which he did in heat 12.

Only slight niggle was a rather rotund fella sitting in the stand nearest the turnstiles yelling gutter language profusely because AJ and Eddie K had the temerity to find their respective ways through from behind to record a Hammers 5-1 in heat 10. But that shouldn't detract from what was a good night filled with some excellent action that was completed by Scunthorpe grabbing a sixth heat 5-1 to cement a 21-15 MDL victory over Long Eaton.

Well I suppose a win is a win but if we are to progress to the playoffs we need to beat crap teams like Leicester by more than 2 pts.

Totally uncalled for. I think the term 'understrength' would have been more fitting.

By the way, we are hardly a league-winning team ourself, are we.

• Like 2

Totally uncalled for. I think the term 'understrength' would have been more fitting.

By the way, we are hardly a league-winning team ourself, are we.

What about cannon fodder or is that just Lakeside?? ;) Edited by liam

I think that the announcer last night said that Nicolai Klindt's paid maximum was the highest score ever by a Leicester rider. Those of us with long memories will remember that Anders Michanek scored a full 21 point maximum against Coventry at Blackbird Road on the 14th of May 1968. Despite this Lions lost the Knockout Cup match by 52 to 56 (18 heat match).

Leicester are crap just stating a fact look at their results. I said if we are to progress to the playoffs, nothing about us winning anything or will be in the playoffs.

Leicester are crap just stating a fact look at their results. I said if we are to progress to the playoffs, nothing about us winning anything or will be in the playoffs.

That's what they said about Leicester city who were 5000-1 and went on to win the league,

If Leicester could attract a GP rider & get guests like cook when needed you wouldn't be a better team than the lions which is a real fact.

The Lions by all accounts battled very gamely the fans see that and that is all you can ask total commitment.To get murdered the night before and to lose Starke and be a five man team to battle like that was brilliant.Is Klintd at reserve on Thursday at the Abbey? going on to Lakeside is this the best side they have had for a while generally forget last night.

The Lions by all accounts battled very gamely the fans see that and that is all you can ask total commitment.To get murdered the night before and to lose Starke and be a five man team to battle like that was brilliant.Is Klintd at reserve on Thursday at the Abbey? going on to Lakeside is this the best side they have had for a while generally forget last night.

I think Wozniak and Auty should be reserves next week but one of them looks banned for a long time so it's possibly a guest at reserve if Leicester can get one.

I think Wozniak and Auty should be reserves next week but one of them looks banned for a long time so it's possibly a guest at reserve if Leicester can get one.

Wozniak being banned says it all for me petty rules again was looking forward to seeing him ride another guest really makes sense that.

Wozniak being banned says it all for me petty rules again was looking forward to seeing him ride another guest really makes sense that.

Not Leicester or their fans or even the riders fault but the bspa want to punish British speedway fans for a polish problem.

The British public is the losers again

You made a comment making people think you were there but for those who were there clearly knew you weren't as normal you don't know what your talking about as lakeside was never in full control of the meeting against 5 EL riders

Stop making guff up.

YOU thought the comment made out I was there so don't speak for others.

I followed the updates and is still a valid opinion.

It's pretty clear how the meeting progressed.

Not Leicester or their fans or even the riders fault but the bspa want to punish British speedway fans for a polish problem.

The British public is the losers again

How can it be the BSPA's fault when the Polish authorities have withdrawn their permission for the rider in question to race in GB? Quite simply he cannot ride in this country without that permission.

• Like 2