British Speedway Forum
peterborough daz

Peterborough Panthers V Ipswich Witches - 30/5/16

One hour to go and at the Showground; no rain, a sunny sky, but a cold wind is blowing.

What a shocking decision by Marge there, obvious to everyone that chessell eased greenwood out wide who then collected Nico. All 4 back all day long! We will take it though

Both Ippo riders go across the grass, an exlclusion? Barely crossed the grass but still.....

Edited by Panthers89
  • Like 1

I'm not there but 2 friends of mine are and they have never seen the Peterborough track this bad. Gate and go and no grip out wide apparently

Hahahahaha what bollocks! Cook saying the tracks in best shape this season, Hansen and Ully scraping the fence, and Lambert probably doing heat of the season in heat 8, inside Greenwood outside Kerr and then shut the door. Great racing, sour grapes I'd say as Ippo haven't turned up and look woefully slow.

• Like 3

Has Hawkins got a white flag? We need to surrender now. What a performance from the panthers so far. Just when you think ipswich are bad you then realise they are really really bad.

Gavan it is rubbish. The panthers are just smashing us cos they are better

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 2

Tracks fine now...... Ippo have a heat advantage :lol:

• Like 1

Hahahahaha what bollocks! Cook saying the tracks in best shape this season, Hansen and Ully scraping the fence, and Lambert probably doing heat of the season in heat 8, inside Greenwood outside Kerr and then shut the door. Great racing, sour grapes I'd say as Ippo haven't turned up and look woefully slow.

im not there so can't comment myself just what I'm being told. Covatti goes looking for dirt and goes backwards. If you think speedway is good just because they go fast and scrape the fence then good for you. Personally I would rather see a good surface. Ipswich's track is poor I can admit it but it seems like Panthers fans don't like criticism of theirs

Panthers fans don't like criticism of theirs

Some of them are a little too precious. You get a lot of that from supporters of sides who've dropped down the leagues.

• Like 1

Has Hawkins got a white flag? We need to surrender now. What a performance from the panthers so far. Just when you think ipswich are bad you then realise they are really really bad.

Gavan it is rubbish. The panthers are just smashing us cos they are better

im not there so can't comment myself just what I'm being told. Covatti goes looking for dirt and goes backwards. If you think speedway is good just because they go fast and scrape the fence then good for you. Personally I would rather see a good surface. Ipswich's track is poor I can admit it but it seems like Panthers fans don't like criticism of theirs

I'd much rather see close racing but if Ippo riders aren't quick enough what can you do?

If your fence scraping then it proves somethings out wide to ride on don't it? The surface is great, it's a lot smoother, and I'm sure other panthers fans will back me up, our tracks better when it's slicker sometimes.

But a meeting is only as good as your opponent, if there awful what can you do?

I don't mind critiscm if correct but the tracks fine, I'm sure if the score was closer then the track would be deemed brilliant.

Not having a go at you, and not getting 'precious' either

• Like 1

What will the management say after this one. Must be running out of rags to polish the turd with!

• Like 3

I've got to back Panthers89 up. Nothing wrong with track.!

What will the management say after this one. Must be running out of rags to polish the turd with!

Have they tried duraglite yet??

• Like 1

I've got to back Panthers89 up. Nothing wrong with track.!

Cheers Baldy, yes the track has slickened off, but means there's a couple of lines now.

Risager looking quick tonight again and King now and again.

If anything the track as it is means you've got to weigh up the pass instead of just blasting, which people normally moan about our track being like. Can't win.

Now if that's not race of the season in heat 13 I don't know what is....... Atleast 10 passes, and throwing the bikes at eachother.

But still, tracks crap.

Edited by Panthers89
  • Like 1

What a race worth coming up from Ipswich for. Thought heat 8 was good but heat 13 wow.

• Like 2