British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gresham

Somerset V Redcar Pl 3/6/16

Ollie Greenwood for Zac and I would assume a guest for Rohan now and R/R for Jake. I bet Garys busy on the phone.

• Like 1

Tungate rides! I hope he is fit as we cannot carry a rider and r/r.

Tungate rides! I hope he is fit as we cannot carry a rider and r/r.

Agree , nearly made a mess of it tonight.

Under par performance from the Rebels but just did enough for the win- the Bears thoroughly deserved their point and rode very well.

Bellego was very quick as was Andersen, and Neilsen rode better than his points tally. If they could sign a decent heat leader instead of Bukhave they have the making of a decent team.

Edited by Always a RACER

Easy win for the Rebs. Even without Jake and Zach.

Josh, Tungate , Wrighty and Starkey will score a hatful against what looks a poor Redcar side.

Bring a cushion as well for the Bears' as they'll have a job sitting down after getting their hides tanned ;)

Bit of over confidence there guys, still, really shouldn't underestimate anyone,managed the win anyway, probably made for a better match with the tighter scoreline.

Bit of over confidence there guys, still, really shouldn't underestimate anyone,managed the win anyway, probably made for a better match with the tighter scoreline.

That's why Redcar have the most exciting speedway week in, week out. Last heat decider's guaranteed.

Very close meeting last night...was really impressed by David Bellego.

Starke, Wright and BWD producing some fine racing again.

Last two meeting I've attended, this and Swindon v Poole, have left me frustrated with the refereeing at starts.

Never seem so many restarts for unsatisfactory starts.

Why are they holding the riders so long...release the tapes sooner...no wonder they start moving.

Then you get the bloomin farce of waiting another two minutes of watching riders getting focussed again.

It's not rocket science is it...

Yes, a big helping of humble pie for me!

To be fair to the Bears, they fought tooth and nail, right to the end. Bellego, Andersen, Skidmore and to a lesser extent, Robson and Nielsen, all mixed it well with the Rebels. In particular, Bellego looked excellent when in front. Very stylish and very much at home on the fast OTA.

Andersen was quick from the gate and once again, another Dane looking at home on the Smerset track.

The Rebels were a little unlucky with Tungate packing up whilst leading on the final bend, the force of the seizure throwing Tungate forward in a jolting movement, no doubt causing him more discomfort to his injured shoulder.

Wright and Starke provided the usual excitement, both as usual regularly missing the gate. BWD, was good value for his 11 point haul, without looking particularly quick. In fact I thought on occasions his bike looked sluggish. His exclusion in heat 14, caused some howls of derision from the Somerset faithful, but on speaking with others with a better view of the incident, it appears ref Ronnie Allen was correct in his decision.

Nice to be at the OTA in bright sunshine. Overall the racing was good and kept the interest of a decent crowd. Even a large group of Geese flew over to take a look, as did a rather spooky looking drone, that mysteriously hovered over the track for a full 10 minutes!

• Like 2

To be fair to the Bears, they fought tooth and nail, right to the end. Bellego, Andersen, Skidmore and to a lesser extent, Robson and Nielsen, all mixed it well with the Rebels. In particular, Bellego looked excellent when in front. Very stylish and very much at home on the fast OTA.

Andersen was quick from the gate and once again, another Dane looking at home on the Smerset track.

The Rebels were a little unlucky with Tungate packing up whilst leading on the final bend, the force of the seizure throwing Tungate forward in a jolting movement, no doubt causing him more discomfort to his injured shoulder.

Wright and Starke provided the usual excitement, both as usual regularly missing the gate. BWD, was good value for his 11 point haul, without looking particularly quick. In fact I thought on occasions his bike looked sluggish. His exclusion in heat 14, caused some howls of derision from the Somerset faithful, but on speaking with others with a better view of the incident, it appears ref Ronnie Allen was correct in his decision.

Nice to be at the OTA in bright sunshine. Overall the racing was good and kept the interest of a decent crowd. Even a large group of Geese flew over to take a look, as did a rather spooky looking drone, that mysteriously hovered over the track for a full 10 minutes!

Their was a drone over the sba at plymouth last week potentially very dangerous!

I thought BWD did well considering like you say, his bike looked sluggish.

The drone freaked me out...red lights and a couple white ones...moving around like a UFO haha...certainly had a few wondering what it was.

It was wasn't actually over the track though...it was over the next field.

I'm guessing someone is videoing the speedway?