British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich Witches V Glasgow Tigers Pl 9-6-16 7-30pm

Home from my wee tour , was a blast on Thursday night , thanks to everyone who made us welcome . I love going to Ipswich , never saw us lose there :drink:

• Like 5

its at 33:56 in

Just re listened and both do agree the track is one that is 'good for passing'

Did they mean the shape and size of the track is good for passing? Or the current material and up keep of track track makes it good for passing? Covatti is very good at passing, but I barely remember him making any this season on the ipswich track.

Lewy, I think you are bang out of order having a go at Baldyman like you have, as you haven't a clue who he is, what his background is, what he, along with everyone else, has to put up with at Foxhall each week, the number of away meetings he attends, the distance he travels, the money he has spent. IMHO, Baldy has every right to post whatever he wants to, in whatever tone he chose to. If you don'the like what he posts, why read it and then why bother wasting everyone's time posting comments about how you feel about Baldy's comments. In fact, keep your nose out and keep your comments to something that you may actually know something about young man. Baldy was hugely supportive of Plymouth's plight, and all you can do is slag off his posts. Pointless waste of everyone's time.

I beg your pardon? I don't think that you have any idea what you are posting about. How dare you say what you have about my posts and comments about the late great Billy Sanders. I have said that I support Rye House have I? Wrong! Why do I keep posting on this forum? On this forum? Do you mean this Thread? If anything, both Baldyman and I are the most passionate speedway fans that anyone could meet, and Ipswich speedway in particular. I will consign your post to the bin of wasted effort, both in terms of content, knowledge and understanding, bandwidth and time wasted reading and replying to it. Total numb nut of a post. Arrogance and ignorance is not a pleasant combination.

Blimey that's rich coming from you and your little barb towards another poster a couple of pages back!

Talk about double standards.

• Like 1

Did they mean the shape and size of the track is good for passing? Or the current material and up keep of track track makes it good for passing? Covatti is very good at passing, but I barely remember him making any this season on the ipswich track.

You would have to ask them when you next see them....

• Like 2

I'm fully aware of the situation at Foxhall having been a regular on the Heath, up and down the country and across Europe for close on 40 years. I know it sounds like it but this isn't and shouldn't be a 'I'm a better supporter than you' competition.

I will leave it alone as and when you cut the mindless dribble on this and other threads.

Things may be relatively bad right now but not as bad as your mega blubb posts make it sound.

Pardon me for having an opinion then TSO. "Mindless dribble on this and other Threads"? "Mega blubber posts"? I'm sorry, but you've lost me there TSO. Totally lost me? Which posts and threads have I offended your sensibilities with, may I ask? Personally, unless I strongly disagree with a post, or like it and want to support it, or have something to add to a thread I do not post anything. Maybe you should follow the same mantra, just saying?

Blimey that's rich coming from you and your little barb towards another poster a couple of pages back!Talk about double standards.

So, where have you popped up from then Windy? I have double standards? Really? Please enlighten me you keyboard warrior. Please do. Maybe if you had bothered to read on, you will have seen the conclusion of my exchange of posts with Lewy? No? No, I didn'the think so, but I won'the expect an apology from a Troll. Hardly worth the time in responding to your vacuous entity you door opening horse rider.

Anyway, no need to fret TSO and Windy, for I, like Baldyman will no longer be darkening the Foxhall corridors with my presence as, after the Glasgow match, the amazing response of some spectators (I won't call them fans), the lack of genuine entertainment served up on track, the lack of promotion by the current team, the mind numbing response to my efforts to create an atmosphere, my comparison with Foxhall between 1975 and 1985 and Foxhall today and my investment of many thousands of English Pounds in following the Witches riders collectively and individually from 1970, including sponsoring individual riders between 1976 (Mike Lanham being the first) and until a certain Australian rider, who I am no longer allowed to mention, as I have reached a quota that I was unaware existed, sadly passed away on 23 Apr 1985.

Your kind comments have made me realise that it is just not worth the effort and expense I put in anymore. I will therefore be enjoying my speedway where I feel welcome and appreciated, where the atmosphere is very good, where people still seem to care, where the track is well prepared, where customer service is king, where I drive home after a meeting feeling good about the sport still and where I don't get criticised for trying to enjoy myself and for offering my opinions about the sport - yes, macca56 is now going to watch his speedway regularly at Rye House, where I can watch the rider that I part sponsor and where I have also invested some of my money in sponsoring Heats 12 and 14.

Home from my wee tour , was a blast on Thursday night , thanks to everyone who made us welcome . I love going to Ipswich , never saw us lose there :drink:

Paulco it was an honour and a privilege meeting you and your offsider, the amazing Willie, on Thursday. I am glad you enjoyed your trip as I enjoyed both of your company in the bar after and whilst driving you back (the long way, lol) to your hotel. True speedway fans. Good health and good travelling, buddy. Hope to see you again, either at Glasgow of at Hoddesdon.

Hello everyone , I am new to this forum and social media in general so be gentle with me. ;) I have been a Witches since Mr Berry reopened in 1969 and a regular ever since with a small pause when my father died. I have not joined for point scoring arguments or slagging of riders or promotions of any team. This is due to having some riding experience as have other members of my family and friends over the years, this is from the 1950s to current day. Macca I am interested in your history with a certain aussie rider we might have a distant connection, Would it be possible for you to pm me as I don't wish to discuss on a public forum. Anyway hi everyone lets try and all get along about the sport I am sure we all care about ok :t:

Apologies for the delay in responding to your post. I am guessing that you know who I am, so I am at a disadvantage, but from the tone of your comments and your Prog Rock influenced moniker -I know What I Like in My Bedroom -too, lol, I will send you a PM in a second or too. Thanks for taking the time to post and I hope and trust that you will not fall victim of vicious personal comments that I and others have by no marks on here.

Macca don't say you have abandoned going to fox holes just like the baldy one?

I only went on holiday for a week and everyone seems to have quit.

Mind you fixtures seem to be in short supply and rationed.

However I will pop over to Rye for a catch up one day.

• Like 1

Macca don't say you have abandoned going to fox holes just like the baldy one?

I only went on holiday for a week and everyone seems to have quit.

Mind you fixtures seem to be in short supply and rationed.

However I will pop over to Rye for a catch up one day.

You're both welcome at Rye any day.

• Like 1

Good man Shads.

Will try to meet up next time I'm over.

So, where have you popped up from then Windy?

Be careful Macca, first we get Captain Pugwash, now Windy Miller, I'm waiting for Pugh, Pugh, Barney MacGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble & Grubb to have their say soon. :lol:

Be careful Macca, first we get Captain Pugwash, now Windy Miller, I'm waiting for Pugh, Pugh, Barney MacGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble & Grubb to have their say soon. :lol:

would make chris happy - thats about an extra £200 a match if they all turn up.
  • Like 2

Unless they get in free like some 😉. A few new names have turned up recently, maybe we didn't want to miss out on all the fun and good times on here.

Edited by Kitykat
  • Like 1

I not so sure that there are too many get in for free at Foxhal unless they are genuinely working

I certainly have never got into a Witches match for free - perhaps I will pretend to be bruv next week and see if it works! wink (pity the poor sod that got me on the spanners though!)

I was trying to point out that no one knows who the new names are by mentioning they may not pay to get in. They could be part of the club, family of those, riders, ex riders, riders partners. There is most definitely some for and some against. It all adds up to a good read, and very often a good chuckle.