British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
markyb

Rules Are Rules - But Spirit Lost Forever !

Oh, okay. I thought you just wanted to go back to what it was like before the draft. Getting rid of protected heats is straightforward and paying the riders more money is easy when its not your money I suppose and both goals are objective and easy to define.

The hard bit is your subjective '7 El riders'.

If you want something you need to be more helpful otherwise you will probably be disappointed, think of it like asking for a nice watch and getting a sekonda when you wanted a Breitling.

So if you do actually know what you want rather than just trotting out hackyned phrases then spell it out, give an example of 8 teams filled with 'El riders' and then the promoters have got something to go on otherwise you'll end up with a sekonda or an even worse polish equivalent.

You are capable of doing that aren't you? Its just up to now you've not bothered.

The simple answer is money or lack of it within the sport if we use your watch analogy the sport is telling me I am having a Breitling.but slipping me a Sekonda instead IMO .

As to what I am capable of or not was an unecessary comment on your behalf as I am merely expressing my opinion and in no way do I consider myself 100% right or 100% wrong and I am always up for lively debate and do have the best interests of the sport at heart .

quite right - riders should progress NL - PL - EL not be chucked into an EL meeting

if EL want to save money go to 5 man teams (like Denmark I believe) only with a PL stand by reserve

There are at least two of us think that way then

Edited by FAST GATER

5 man teams in Denmark only ride 14 heat meetings so presumably you would have to charge less at the gate?! The top riders in Danish League who presumably make top demands for their contracts can also take 7 rides per meeting, so I'm not sure there would be much of a saving for promoters?

The nonsense regarding PK continues.

Has anyone bothered to actually look at the meeting Monday night?

He beat Woryna, Sarjeant and Roynon. That's it.

Howarth beat Garrity, Roynon and Sarjeant.

So the reality is it made absolutely no difference... except perhaps to make Wolves weaker.

Howarth would have scored what PK did at reserve, PK may have scored more at No 2 than Howarth.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 4

5 man teams in Denmark only ride 14 heat meetings so presumably you would have to charge less at the gate?! The top riders in Danish League who presumably make top demands for their contracts can also take 7 rides per meeting, so I'm not sure there would be much of a saving for promoters?

same points money yes but fewer travel expense ppayments, guarantees, etc

just an idea

and no i don't suppose they would charge less at the gate but it could be argued that all you would be losing is an NL standard race or 2

Edited by ch958

I've no doubt you've got the best interests of the sport at heart but nobody knopsws what you want. You always had a sekonda before the draft now you've got the British version.

Think of cars, now you are getting a morris marina instead of a trabant.

What want is the draft abolished and a return to the pre draft EL format as I believe that if a rider is good enough he will get there NL -PL - EL water will always find it's own level.