British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
markyb

Rules Are Rules - But Spirit Lost Forever !

so good to see PK back in British speedway - almost catching up with my years on this planet - but eh, only almost.

come on Btritish speedway hierarchy - how on earth can you allow for this to happen, my only issue is for the Swedish legend to come back to at reserve berth ? Thought the idea of Elite reserves was to bring in talent for the next era of BRITSIH riders - please, please don't accuse of racism at this point.

The rules and regulations have been set by the management/promoters committee, so of course they must be right - so who am I, to question their judgement. Of course, just a fan but ultimately a nobody.

Taking the "sport" (yes deserves to be in inverted comments ) as a whole, this November, please treat the annual conference as something meaningful and provide respect - in my mind,, in the past you just been pis*ing away the contribution that the public make, on a jolly , plus forgetting more importantly the riders who put their life on the line in every race, who allow your get together to happen.

Howarth has progressed to main team and has a higher average. Isn't that the aim for all British riders riders to progress??

What about Klindt? Pedersen? Kurtz? Woryna?

All had time at reserve due to FTR riders progressing.

• Like 1

Howarth has progressed to main team and has a higher average. Isn't that the aim for all British riders riders to progress??

What about Klindt? Pedersen? Kurtz? Woryna?

All had time at reserve due to FTR riders progressing.

They didn't start at reserve though!

• Like 2

How would the EDR riders' averages work out if they took away the results from the two protected races? The other two are the only ones that should count imo.

• Like 1

Simple if you have enough British riders who are good enough to ride in the EL but you don't ,all the moaning because Garrity actually wants to do what the system is setup to achieve merely exposes it for what it is a Farce .Lets have seven EL riders and the two lowest averaged riders at reserve and stop pretending in a couple of years we will have copious amounts of BRITISH talent coming out of our ears !!!!

• Like 3

They didn't start at reserve though!

Well that is what you get for British riders progressing!

There is no point keeping them at reserve, they must have a chance to progress.

The method that the BSPA used is the fault not the intent.

• Like 1

PK replaced foreigner Mikkel Bech who started as a heat leader. I just don't see the issue here.

PK replaced foreigner Mikkel Bech who started as a heat leader. I just don't see the issue here.

There isn't an issue.

Unfortunately some are not bright enough to understand that the riders on the EDR who started the year are nothing to do with 1-5 riders who can ride anywhere in the team.

I even read someone suggesting PK is making lots of money as FTR.

Sadly some are clueless.

For years we've had loads of crap foreign riders who weren't good enough for the EL, some eventually became good enough though. Now we've at least got British riders who aren't good enough and, after only two years of the draft, some actually are good enough.

Why do you want to go back to having foreign riders who aren't good enough learning speedway with my money?

I want to see 7 El riders no protected heats for my money ,the draft is money saving nothing more "smoke& mirrors" !!!!

I think this year can be counted as a whitewash, more of an experimental one which really went wrong.

Hopefully they will learn from this year's big mess, although I wouldn't hold my breath

• Like 1

I disagree. I think more by luck than good management it is shaping as an intriguing season. By end of the season most riders may have ridden most positions, so averages may end up bring a better reflection of ability than previous years. We've had upset results and some excellent racing, and a brand new stadium.

Next year is much more of a concern than this year Imo, with concerns surely over coventry swindon and Leicester?

Edited by waihekeaces1

Johnnie Hoskins once said 'there are two kinds of people in speedway, those that know the rules and bend 'em and those that don't'

• Like 1

The issue isnt the likes of PK being in reserve, its the heat format which makes it far to easy for riders to move up and down. The old heat format would have gave a far more fairer reflection on a riders ability and would be more difficult to move up or down.

Having said that the format helps produce better racing with riders generally at a similar standard in each heat.

• Like 2

Johnnie Hoskins once said 'there are two kinds of people in speedway, those that know the rules and bend 'em and those that don't'

He may have, but it has zero relevance to this topic.

All this fuss and palava over Peter Karlsson who has rode 1 meeting at reserve and guess what? By the time of the next Wolverhampton meeting, he's in the 1-5 again I believe.

• Like 1

I want to see 7 El riders no protected heats for my money ,the draft is money saving nothing more "smoke& mirrors" !!!!

quite right - riders should progress NL - PL - EL not be chucked into an EL meeting

if EL want to save money go to 5 man teams (like Denmark I believe) only with a PL stand by reserve

• Like 1