British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
skoobie

Andre Compton.....has He Retired?

Just wondered if andre has called it a day or not? Seems strange he has not been fixed up after the way he was racing in the past couple of seasons?

Not by the way he was going on at Christian's testimonial, sounded like he was looking for a team, hope he gets signed up soon :( Berwick? Now that Romano has gone maybe?

I heard that because his business is doing well, he doesn't want to commit to too much travelling, although he has had offers. Don't know if that's true or not.

Not by the way he was going on at Christian's testimonial, sounded like he was looking for a team, hope he gets signed up soon :( Berwick? Now that Romano has gone maybe?

Average is much too high to replace Hummel (6.61 0ver 5) and unlikely Berwick would take him on to replace Alden.

insider info tells us he has priced himself out of the market .

Re above comment

If he has a business and its doing well you can afford to put yourself on the market at a higher price. If someone is willing to pay that then you very happy, if not then you are still very happy.

I used to do it when I was self employed. If I didnt want to do a job I would price it high so if I got it then I would be well paid for doing something I didnt really want to do, if I didnt get it then it didnt bother me.

Average is much too high to replace Hummel (6.61 0ver 5) and unlikely Berwick would take him on to replace Alden.

Didn't know if Berwick were under the limit enough to do that and I couldn't be arsed to look :P Just a suggestion

Re above comment

If he has a business and its doing well you can afford to put yourself on the market at a higher price. If someone is willing to pay that then you very happy, if not then you are still very happy.

I used to do it when I was self employed. If I didnt want to do a job I would price it high so if I got it then I would be well paid for doing something I didnt really want to do, if I didnt get it then it didnt bother me.

and so your group of customers get smaller every year as people find out that you are over charging them on a regular bases . then you go down to working only 4 days a week and some times it can become a 30/20/16 hours week , even if you are self employed . you can only get away with so much .

i would like to think that you are still self employed , but i doubt it or have you been forced to gain employment else where ? retired maybe .

the old saying. a little and often springs to mind . i know you can put your prices up and lose 40% of your customers and still make more money . but there comes a time when the 40% of customers you lose every year becomes a price too far .

i take it you are retired then .

From a former self employed person, sounds about right Ovefundinfan. Worked for me.

Choose your Clients, don't work for the ones who can't afford you, or whose cheques bounce, or who couldn't run a brothel, and that's just the Speedway Promoters, the list of riders who are owed scary amounts of money would shock the general public.

Interesting how many good riders have called it a day, over the past 18 months, they obviously knew when to get out. A written contract is normally binding, except in Speedway.