British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Belle Vue Aces, Sat 18th June @ 19:30

Second home meeting running where the opposing team seems to have possibly bent the rules a wee bit, to make their team line-up stronger. Or at least been very cunning in their strategy.

Weird thing is though, it's not like the lions are actually any bloomin' good home or away

It's what we've come to expect though, "it's only Leicester" attitude from BSPA/SCB/SKY. We're only here to make the numbers up.... That's what it feels like most of the time.....

• Like 1

Slovenian championship round 2 or 3 in Lendava this saturday

Maybe someone should have mentioned this to the Lions management, or is DH being trying to attract a bigger crowd, when he said in his Mercury column " We welcome Belle Vue this Saturday . It is a chance to see GP star Matej Zagar ".

Does anyone know who guests for Wozniak ?

Just seen Garrity guests for Wozniak

Edited by stevethelion

I know Bomber usually does ok but he's not exactly on form at the moment. Fricke is a significant loss and again the question is why are these matches arranged to clash with events like the World U21 and the Slovenian Championship.

I think Aces will come away with all the points.

I know Bomber usually does ok but he's not exactly on form at the moment. Fricke is a significant loss and again the question is why are these matches arranged to clash with events like the World U21 and the Slovenian Championship.

I think Aces will come away with all the points.

Harris has had some great recent meetings. His recent away meeting at Wolves he scored 13 and he also scored 13 on our last home meeting.

Second home meeting running where the opposing team seems to have possibly bent the rules a wee bit, to make their team line-up stronger. Or at least been very cunning in their strategy.

Weird thing is though, it's not like the lions are actually any bloomin' good home or away

My point exactly! I really dont see why teams can see that Leicester are weaker and yet feel the need to strengthen and not try to beat us with their own 1-7 when possible.

Harris is a quality guest in the elite league. People say he's not on form following one poor showing (in the British Final) and following recent GP results. I actually think he started to look more on the pace at the last GP. and every time I see him in the elite league he's a class above most riders

• Like 1

The point is whilst we remain a Saturday night team we shall always struggle. Don't get why we can't become a Friday night club. Yes cov ride on this night but can't be that many fans who support both teams. This way far better chance of bigger pool of guests to choose from and even riders we may be able to entice of heat leader quality...

I thought I was being facetious... Didn't realise he was actually "conveniently unavailable" again. But of a farce that...

Maybe in next year's 'brave new world' such bollox will not be allowed to happen?

• Like 1

Crafty Belle Vue missing a top GP rider in Zagar and the lad many are tipping to be the next U21 World Champion to be replaced by Harris and reserves respectively.

We'll be saying riders are injured next when in fact they have ditched us. This happened to us I forget where but it involved Lung and Pedersen.

Crafty Belle Vue missing a top GP rider in Zagar and the lad many are tipping to be the next U21 World Champion to be replaced by Harris and reserves respectively.

We'll be saying riders are injured next when in fact they have ditched us. This happened to us I forget where but it involved Lung and Pedersen.

Zagar who averages about 2 around our place and has publically stated he doesnt like riding there... being replaced by another GP rider who frequently scores well around Leicester

Last two visits, 1 point when he had a strop similar to when he scored 4 at Lynn around that time (he had a bollocking for those and he has put a lid on these strops) and 9+1. If you're going to pick one bad performance as being typical then you're wide of the mark.

Your thoughts on Max would be appreciated.

Why schedule the fixture on a weekend which clashes with a national championship and the u21 champs? Could have scheduled it against wolves for example who were unlikely to have a ruder competing in either.

Stretches credibility to even attempt to argue that this strengthens the aces.

• Like 1

Indeed, when you use this years averages that give a better indicator of form than rolling averages and not counting Steves over inflated reserve figure then we go into this fixture without our top two with nearly half the rides being covered by reserves.

Stitched up again.

• Like 1

Last two visits, 1 point when he had a strop similar to when he scored 4 at Lynn around that time (he had a bollocking for those and he has put a lid on these strops) and 9+1. If you're going to pick one bad performance as being typical then you're wide of the mark.

Your thoughts on Max would be appreciated.

It's well known that he dislikes riding at Leicester though. Fricke has been decent around Leicester, but his absence is due to a meeting that he was drawn to ride in after the elite league fixtures were scheduled. I personally just doubt that it's a coincidence that Zagar has not had to race at Leicester this year

It's well known that he dislikes riding at Leicester though. Fricke has been decent around Leicester, but his absence is due to a meeting that he was drawn to ride in after the elite league fixtures were scheduled. I personally just doubt that it's a coincidence that Zagar has not had to race at Leicester this year

Frick wasn't "drawn" to ride this weekend, this meeting has been scheduled since before the El fixtures and he was always likely to be in it.

As for zagar, I'm sure the slovenian authorities scheduled it as they did just to spite Leicester....

I agree with the last bit. We regularly have to put up with some frankly baffling fixture planning that are no way a coincidence. The other thing is when we try to rearrange nobody wants to know.

• Like 1