British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gooner_girl4eva

Hotels in Cophenhagen

Just wondered if anyone has any advice on best accommodation in Copenhagen for GP weekend?? As cheap as poss and near to stadium would be best, any suggestions would be appreciated!

Many Thanks :)

We are booked in at The Comfort Hotel, Osterport which is in walking distance of Parken. As for the price, I am not too sure as I booked via Expedia and got return flight plus 2 nights in hotel for £182.17

I learnt my leason last year when it was three bus rides away and a little walk to get to the stadium. It is always easier the following year when you know the area and have a map to show where places are !! :)

Hope this helps!

Edited by Tabby3

Thanks Tabby3. I have just been searching for hotels now and it says the Comfort Hotel has no rooms available for the GP date :sad: so I have found one called Ibis Copenhagen Triton Hotel which appears to be one of the cheapest. It says its located on Helgolandsgade 7-11 and is 5.0 km/3.1 mi.w away from Parken?

Does anybody roughly know how near it is then??! I wasn't sure really how close it meant it was -anyone know? I dont' want to book unless I'm sure its nearby.

Thanks Tabby3. I have just been searching for hotels now and it says the Comfort Hotel has no rooms available for the GP date :sad: so I have found one called Ibis Copenhagen Triton Hotel which appears to be one of the cheapest. It says its located on Helgolandsgade 7-11 and is 5.0 km/3.1 mi.w away from Parken?

Does anybody roughly know how near it is then??! I wasn't sure really how close it meant it was -anyone know? I dont' want to book unless I'm sure its nearby.

I would have found this a lot quicker if I hadn't spent 20 minutes scanning a map of bloody Stockholm !!!! For someone with light brown hair I do have some really blonde moments!! :lol:

Anyway, found where you are on the map (in Copenhagen), you are just around the corner from The Tivoli, however to get to Parken from your hotel you will need to catch the number 1 or 6 bus from just along the road, this will take you straight to Trianglen where you walk round the corner to the stadium.

Hope this helps again! I could take this up as a living!!! :wink:

Hi gooner_girl4eva

I stayed in the First Vestebro last year near Tivoli, booking with Totalstay.com (very nice). Watch out for the red light district around the corner where the Ibis hotels are :shock: (although probably not that bad). Transport from the centre to Parken is good. I walked it though! Unfortunately due to work commitments I'll not make it this year :sad:

Have a great time :)

Hi,

Those of you going to the Copenhagen GP should please notice that Slangerup ( 30km north of Copenhagen ) is meeting Brovst in a Danish speedway league match on sunday 27th june 14:00.

The final line-ups are selected 7 days before the meeting, but Slangerups team includes Ronni Pedersen, Jesper B. Jensen, Kenneth Bjerre, Bjarne Pedersen and Mads Korneliussen.

Brovst's team consists mainly of Polish riders, i.e. Tomasz Bajerski, Poitr Protasiewich and Jacek Rempala.

Entrance fee including program is dkr 75,-

I hope to see some of you there.

regards

Peter Selch

Thanks Tabby3. I have just been searching for hotels now and it says the Comfort Hotel has no rooms available for the GP date  :sad: so I have found one called Ibis Copenhagen Triton Hotel which appears to be one of the cheapest. It says its located on Helgolandsgade 7-11 and is 5.0 km/3.1 mi.w away from Parken?

Thanks  :)

I would have found this a lot quicker if I hadn't spent 20 minutes scanning a map of bloody Stockholm !!!! For someone with light brown hair I do have some really blonde moments!! :lol:

Anyway, found where you are on the map (in Copenhagen), you are just around the corner from The Tivoli, however to get to Parken from your hotel you will need to catch the number 1 or 6 bus from just along the road, this will take you straight to Trianglen where you walk round the corner to the stadium.

Hope this helps again! I could take this up as a living!!! :wink:

Thanks loads Tabby 3, I know what you mean about having blonde moments, thats like me every day, he he :D

I like the sound of this hotel, a bus ride away should do me nicely - me thinks! Thanks for checking on the map for me, yes you should defo take this up as a job - you go girl :)

Hi gooner_girl4eva

I stayed in the First Vestebro last year near Tivoli, booking with Totalstay.com (very nice). Watch out for the red light district around the corner where the Ibis hotels are :shock: (although probably not that bad). Transport from the centre to Parken is good. I walked it though! Unfortunately due to work commitments I'll not make it this year :sad:

Have a great time :)

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for your advice! I noticed that most of the hotels I looked at were near red light districts which is a bit worrying! I may be naive but didnt realise Copenhagen was as bad as Amsterdam !!! :D

It sounds good though, I aim to have this booked in the next day or so! I can't wait! It will be the first time I'm going abroad to a GP. I've been to Cardiff and the WTC held in Britain but never to Europe for speedway!

Shame you can't make it Joanne, are you going to any others this year?

I am staying in a hotel called Clarion Hotel Neptune anybody any idea where this is.

What is the weather like in Denmark in June.

Shame you can't make it Joanne, are you going to any others this year?

Just Cardiff and Bydgoszcz (that's the one I've been longing to go to for years). Might go to one of the Swedish ones or even the Norwegian one. Can't decide or I could just go to the WTC Semi and Final.

Don't forget to take your camera. Some lovely sights.

I am staying in a hotel called Clarion Hotel Neptune anybody any idea where this is.

What is the weather like in Denmark in June.

Well, I can tell you this is somewhere near The Little Mermaid which is not too far from Parken Stadium! I have now looked up the address of your hotel and you also can catch the No 1 or No 6 Bus which will take you straight up to Trianglen and then a two minute walk (at the most) to the stadium.

On a higher note, you are right by Nyhavn which is a lovely little harbour full of Restaurants (mind you some are rather pricey!)

Asto the weather, well last year it was glorious, but you never know like here in Britain!

I really am gonna have to start charging for my information on Copenhagen! :lol:

I am hoping to go to Copenhagen this year with my family. Can anyone provide a link to a website for the bus routes and times? Thanks.

I am hoping to go to Copenhagen this year with my family. Can anyone provide a link to a website for the bus routes and times? Thanks.

I do not know of any website links for this but all the buses out there have maps and time tables in them and if you pick up a book on Copenhagen (at airport or hotel - usually free ones) these have maps inside which have all the bus routes and numbers etc on them!

Hope this helps a little!

Also there is a tourist information office near the train station where you can get advice plus plenty of freebie leaflets about buses and things to do.