British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NeilWatson

Coventry Storm V Birmingham - Sunday 26th June - 4pm

Would you care to explain why? Is it because of a weaker team this season, favourite riders moving on, increased admission or another reason? It's a shame people have stopped going as the youngsters need our support but there seemed to be more Birmingham fans than Storm ones today. :neutral:

I do have a new favourite rider though ~ Danyon Hume whoever he is. Never heard of him before but his style seemed similar to Chris Harris so that's good enough for me. :lol:

He used to do second halves at Coventry. I've seen him a few times and decided I liked him, had the most amazing style, was certainly unorthodox the first time I saw him and constantly looked half a second from crashing.

Would you care to explain why? Is it because of a weaker team this season, favourite riders moving on, increased admission or another reason? It's a shame people have stopped going as the youngsters need our support but there seemed to be more Birmingham fans than Storm ones today. :neutral:

The reason myself and my family haven't been to many storm meetings this year is because it's a very unexciting team with the exception of Knuckey. The crowds were good in 2014 as we had up and coming riders including a member of the main team in Sarjeant. This kept bees fans interested and the strength of the team attracted fans.

Great performance from Brummies yesterday. After Eagles form also yesterday I can see an almighty battle next Saturday head to head.

No it's nothing to do with favourite riders moving on -- that is the whole idea isn't it? I've always supported the youngsters and rather like the premier league racing I've generally found racing to be exciting and close with a good atmosphere. I found this all lacking yesterday. However -- I've taken myself to task and after some thought I am going to change my mind (is that allowed on this forum?) and will be attending future storm meetings as I believe in the future of our youngsters and I hope I can enjoy the experience just as I used to.

• Like 2

Let's face it, we were beaten by a better side. But I think Dan had a bad day, he's better than that. Maybe his early fall had something to do with it. Also RTD had his number one bike wiped out.

Having said all that, we could use some gating practice.

Keep the faith. These lads need our support and there will be better meetings.

• Like 1