British Speedway Forum

The people suggesting there is nothing wrong with it are the ones who were dragged up with no class.

You also have to remember speedway is a family sport and most parents wouldn't want there kid being like tai off track so he is no role model.

are you saying i was dragged up... now you are assuming again.. my parents were both privatly educated and taught me right from wrong but they never took me away from anything in life.. instead educated me in the way of the world and showed me what the world was like..

if your choice is to wrap kids up in cotton wool then thats fine.. but my daughter will see the world warts and all and i will tell her what is right and wrong and never once show her that words are a bad thing.. i have heard more swearing in a school play ground than at a football event..

Not at all, if you read back I have already said that someone simply needs to have a quiet word with him.

I am Pretty sure sue would have given him the mum look at what he said.. but again he is a big lad i am sure he knows himself but at the time didnt really think too much into it.. it is just a word after all..

Edited by Dazzafl
  • Like 1

So fecking what?

Tell you what, ban him and then we can all moan about the lack of characters in the sport and spunk our pants over Greg "boring" Hancock.

You don't need to deliberately swear on live TV in front of a thousands of fans to be a character. I am pretty sure he could have got the crowd going without swearing and still retained the status of 'character'.

• Like 2

you are now making wild assumptions.. which is making you look even more ridiculous..

It's easy for robert72 to make itself look ridiculous. He just has to speak or type.

The people suggesting there is nothing wrong with it are the ones who were dragged up with no class.

Says the bigot. What a nasty piece of work. Thankfully most posters are sensible on here unlike you.

• Like 1

Not at all, if you read back I have already said that someone simply needs to have a quiet word with him.

Why though? If that’s who he is why should he change?

Edited by The Mockingjay

You don't need to deliberately swear on live TV in front of a thousands of fans to be a character. I am pretty sure he could have got the crowd going without swearing and still retained the status of 'character'.

You are assuming it was deliberate, there are no facts to back that up just opinion.

I am Pretty sure sue would have given him the mum look at what he said.. but again he is a big lad i am sure he knows himself but at the time didnt really think too much into it.. it is just a word after all..

As a well educated person and presumably someone with some experience of business/advertising/sponsorship etc, do you think national or international mainstream companies would be more likely to sponsor Tai Woffinden if his language and behaviour was less controversial?

Why though? If that’s who he is why should he change?

Of course he needs to change, if he does he might be as poor a (supposed) rider as robert72 so he wouldn't feel so jealous.

Let's face it if he changed he would be as poor a rider as the vast majority of British riders we currently have so wouldn't that be a great thing?

:neutral:

Of course he needs to change, if he does he might be as poor a (supposed) rider as robert72 so he wouldn't feel so jealous.

Let's face it if he changed he would be as poor a rider as the vast majority of British riders we currently have so wouldn't that be a great thing?

:neutral:

His behaviour and his language though, he has been in the Grand Prix for what? 6 years now and he must have used such language about well…..emm…at least 2 or 3 times, the last time I can actually remember him doing so was when he was speaking about his close friends (Wards) accident.

And that behaviour, I mean that behaviour of his, well there was that time when he done that thing….and remember the other thing he done that time and then there was you know, the behaviour things, the behaviour you know.

• Like 1

As a well educated person and presumably someone with some experience of business/advertising/sponsorship etc, do you think national or international mainstream companies would be more likely to sponsor Tai Woffinden if his language and behaviour was less controversial?

As a popular multi world champion they would be more than happy to be associated. Anyone with a brain cell knows that a live sporting event evokes emotion that may mean swearing is likely.

Sponsors and companies are aware of that.

Have Monster gone on record saying they plan to sack Tai or demand an apology??

If they do you might just have a point. But I doubt it.

His behaviour and his language though, he has been in the Grand Prix for what? 6 years now and he must have used such language about well…..emm…at least 2 or 3 times, the last time I can actually remember him doing so was when he was speaking about his close friends (Wards) accident.

And that behaviour, I mean that behaviour of his, well there was that time when he done that thing….and remember the other thing he done that time and then there was you know, the behaviour things, the behaviour you know.

Pedersen has sworn more during a live event , the reasons are the same. Adrenaline and emotion.

Tai has companies enquire to sponsor him all the time but it comes at a hefty price.. which of course being a world champ it will..

as they say any publicity is good publicity..

• Like 1

That reminds me I've not seen Nicki Pedersen blow his nose on that blue cloth yet and then wipe it all around his face. Still it's only GP number 4 so there's time yet I'm sure. :lol:

I must say I'm certainly enjoying watching Nicki struggle this year. He's not getting close enough to the other riders to cause any trouble!

Totally indifferent to Tai, don't like or dislike the guy. He can defecate on the centre green at the World Cup for all I care.

I'm just enjoying watching the true ambassador of our sport lead the standings, hopefully on his way to world title number 4. :D

He swore and it was wrong to do so but I'm sure pretty much all of us have done it at some point where we probably shouldn't. It happens.

Tai has companies enquire to sponsor him all the time but it comes at a hefty price.. which of course being a world champ it will..

Nicely side stepped.... I hear the Labour Party have an opening for someone who can do that :P

Is Woffinden even controversial?

I am genuinely struggling to think of the controversial incidents he has been involved in?

I gather he wanted a hefty fee to ride in the British final and didn't get his way so he said arrogantly he will give someone else a chance this year even though he was very lucky to win it the year before.