British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

18th July 2016 - Wolves V Swindon

That is what I thought it was, and am sure this is what the Speedway Star refer to. If not related to track preparation, what is the accolade for ?

It's the referee's meeting scores which cover compliance with the regs regarding track safety & facilities.

Why would anyone misrepresent the number of falls and big wobbles?

I know the referees like it but it seems a bit odd that you say the riders relish monmore when also according to you there are no less falls than anywhere else? I know you think this is crazy to suggest, but I can't bring to mind one fall in an el meeting at Belle Vue this season, not just one meeting, the whole el season so far!!

Pointing out that it seems odd that riders relish riding at a track where so many wobble or fall off isn't a criticism of the track? Its a bit like picking a restaurant because it has the tastiest food but you get anal leakage every time you eat there.

The referee was also happy with Belle Vue on opening night, the riders would not have been allowed on track otherwise. Sort sums up the value of the so called track of the year award lol!

Still as you've brought it up (again, you do keep having epic fail pops at the NSS don't you?) the track on opening night wasn't as bad as Coventry's first sky meeting this season. It probably wasn't as bad as Poole but we didn't see Louis showing huge lumps breaking out of the track. Based on that I've no doubt the opening meeting would have been much safer for the riders than Coventry was that night, there would have been less falls and wobbles than were reported last night. And the outcome? The contractors were forced to fix their cock up, woofinden refusing to ride was the best for all concerned, apart for the fans, whoops!

As for your crass comment about the wobbling, when the National League lads ride at Belle Cue they don't fall off or even wobble much as was reported last night either.

And there we have it. Everything is perfect at belle Vue including the Colts where no one falls off and the juniors are virtually world beaters.

Blinkers are clearly firmly on.

Riders do relish the Monmore track, that's not my words. Many are on record saying how much they enjoy the circuit because it's so well prepared they feel safe on it.

The updates were taken from the live radio broadcast, it's no different to reporting on a SKY meeting, other than that you can't see the racing only hear it. :wink:

Why would anyone misrepresent the number of falls and big wobbles?

I know the referees like it but it seems a bit odd that you say the riders relish monmore when also according to you there are no less falls than anywhere else? I know you think this is crazy to suggest, but I can't bring to mind one fall in an el meeting at Belle Vue this season, not just one meeting, the whole el season so far!!

Pointing out that it seems odd that riders relish riding at a track where so many wobble or fall off isn't a criticism of the track? Its a bit like picking a restaurant because it has the tastiest food but you get anal leakage every time you eat there.

The referee was also happy with Belle Vue on opening night, the riders would not have been allowed on track otherwise. Sort sums up the value of the so called track of the year award lol!

Still as you've brought it up (again, you do keep having epic fail pops at the NSS don't you?) the track on opening night wasn't as bad as Coventry's first sky meeting this season. It probably wasn't as bad as Poole but we didn't see Louis showing huge lumps breaking out of the track. Based on that I've no doubt the opening meeting would have been much safer for the riders than Coventry was that night, there would have been less falls and wobbles than were reported last night. And the outcome? The contractors were forced to fix their cock up, woofinden refusing to ride was the best for all concerned, apart for the fans, whoops!

As for your crass comment about the wobbling, when the National League lads ride at Belle Vue they don't fall off or even wobble much as was reported last night either.

That old chestnut again. Your promoter David Gordon said the track was unfit on opening night., Is that not good enough for you ?

If it helps being in denial then carry on. Sure your track in Manchester is very good but don't forget the past when you aim criticism at others. .From what I remember you were very sensitive to any criticism only a few months ago.

If you can twist my post to mean the Colts are virtually world beaters (Dan Bewley, remember the name) I've no doubt you've also twisted a riders comment in a similar wacky way and came up with your 'relish', lol!

Of course, I've made up every comment that riders have made about how they love riding at Monmore but every rider on the planet loves the fantastic national stadium track.

Even Gollob was heard saying it's the best track he has ever raced on - every rider at the opener was of course rating how good ...... okay scratch that.

Back in the real world the national league is full of falls and wobblers (your words) no one track will prevent that.

However according to you it never happens at colts meetings. :rofl:

Edited by stevebrum

Nope, didn't say that, there have been fewer falls at home Colts meetings than Wolves meetings though.

Which proves a point I made a while back about the Aces new track.

I'm not disputing it's a great facility, but in terms of the racing, its the bike more than the rider that wins the races. Actual skill required is pretty limited, very easy track to ride, as you evidence yourself.

Of course there are more mistakes at Monmore, its a much harder track to ride. Rider skill plays a much bigger role than at some tracks.

Before you go off on one, I'm not saying one track is better than another, just totally different animals.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Nope, didn't say that, there have been fewer falls at home Colts meetings than Wolves meetings though.

Yes of course, your knowledge of all wolves meetings is interesting.

Perhaps at our next few home meetings you can come and stand with me while im doing the updates to remind me how many more fallers we have.

I wasn't aware you were a regular Monmore green regular, that can be the only explanation for such an in depth knowledge of all things Monmore.

Edit.

Just checked on updates site and all but one of the colts matches had at least 1 faller including what was described as a bad crash.

Seems you were wrong when you said you can't remember a faller at any of the colts matches.

Accidents happen at all track, no one track is any safer than the other.

Edited by stevebrum

If you can twist my post to mean the Colts are virtually world beaters (Dan Bewley, remember the name) I've no doubt you've also twisted a riders comment in a similar wacky way and came up with your 'relish', lol!

Lol!

The track was unfit but it was not breaking up as much as coventry where the riders were forced to ride.

You see you still keep getting it wrong, ha ha!

Look around the eyes not into the eyes " No you are in the wrong ,the meeting was abandoned without a race being run "

And your back in the room ! The opening night never happened. The riders bottled it just like Warsaw. NSS on opening night and Warsaw brought change and,for the better.

I thought you said I said there are no falls or wobbles at Colts meetings, how would going to wolves help?

You did say that and you are wrong. Updates had fallers in all but 1 of the Colts matches. Perfectly expected.

You seem expert on all things Monmore, I assumed you were a regular by the way you throw around facts (or fiction)

Wolves looking good again. PK top notch! What's the latest with JK?

What a difference a day makes - zero for PK in Sweden tonight.

I came to appreciate small tracks and until PCs track was ballesed up in 2005 I was lucky to have a fantastic home small track, it was only about as good as any other track inside a dog track after then. I agree 100% tracks like the dog track and monmore finds out the full throttle and not much else riders.

I'd still rather watch a rider race another without having to worry about how hard the track is to ride though.

That's fair enough, often the type of track you prefer is the one you are brought up on so to speak, as you had Hyde Road as your home track you will always favor the bigger tracks. Likewise myself with Monmore.

That being said, good speedway is good speedway regardless of the track size or shape.

Personally I prefer a greater element of skill rather than the engine being the most important ingredient. At this moment in time I think the engine/setup is much too important at the NSS... however, that should change as time goes on and the track continues to bed in.

Kirky Lane, as you say used to produce some fantastic racing. I was a regular there from when the track opened through to around 1992/3.

As for your crass comment about the wobbling, when the National League lads ride at Belle Vue they don't fall off or even wobble much as was reported last night either.

[quote name="Fred Flange" post="2817070" timestamp="1468964076"

You posted "However according to you it never happens at colts meetings."

You are going to have to quote me otherwise you will look stupid

Oh, hang on quoting me will make you look stupid anyway, lol!

Who fell off in the last Colts meeting at Belle Vue?

Hope it doesn't make you look too stupid :rofl:

As already mentioned every Colts match bar one have fallers including serious crash according to Updates site.

Probably never really happened tho I suppose.

Hope the pie you are eating isn't too humble.

Edited by stevebrum

Lol!

So I didn't say "it never happens at colts meetings."

Thanks for clearing that up, ha ha ha!

You've imagined a comma in that sentence haven't you? Quite literally a schoolboy error, ha ha!

I can see how you think "most riders relish visiting monmore." Lol!

Enjoy watching the colts matches where nobody falls or wobbles. :rofl:

Priceless.

What a difference a day makes - zero for PK in Sweden tonight.

For some reason his Swedish scoring has been erratic for a number of seasons ,I accept that the standard his higher now but his EL scoring even when the league was stronger always seemed so much more consistent .IMO British tracks demand a greater level of skill rather than the raw power of the continental tracks and are more suited to his style of riding .

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Like 1

Having calmed down after last night's meet I've been having a look at league table & remaining fixtures. Now I might be a tad slow these days but didn't realise we've already done 12/14 away fixtures :o with just KL & Dorsetshire left. It's looking reasonably handy with BV having 5 away left.

I think it will still be tight for who finishes top as I can't see us picking up any more points away from home.

Our away form seems to have deserted us which will make an aggregate win in the play offs difficult.