British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gresham

Somerset V Workington Pl 22/7/16

Almost certain he wasn't eligible to get into the five (top 4 plus reserve) for the event.

As Wright was in the top four of the team's averages, and at the time the teams had to be declared, BWD was above Jake in the official Greensheets, putting him in the reserve spot. Pretty certain that was the way the rules were framed for the team make up.

Now that Charles has been withdrawn due to an ankle injury he picked up last night, BWD moves up into the top 4 to replace Charles, and Jake moves up to reserve for the meeting.

Another ridiculous and over complicated process in speedway rules - why not just let teams choose the 5 riders that they wish and have done with it? Edited by Najjer
  • Like 2

Totally agree with you about BWD regarding the start line confrontation, anyone would think he was Ivan Mauger!!

I missed that...what happened?

I was stood on first bend so missed it.

Prior to the race starting, BWD took exception to the start marshal's direction to where his front wheel should line up.

He was clearly incensed at that point. At the conclusion of the race, BWD rode back to the start gate, got off of his machine and engaged in an animated dispute with the marshal. He had to be encouraged to leave the area by track officials.

• Like 1

For some unknown reason the jumped up Kiwi starts having a go at the start marshall

Another ridiculous and over complicated process in speedway rules - why not just let teams choose the 5 riders that they wish and have done with it?

How is it complicated? It's your top 4 plus your 5th highest as reserve, if you have an injury everyone below moves up one.

Totally agree with you about BWD regarding the start line confrontation, anyone would think he was Ivan Mauger!!

Didn't matter that the white line on the track for Brad's gate wasn't in line with the vertical piece of tape on the starting tapes, making his gate smaller than the other three!

How is it complicated? It's your top 4 plus your 5th highest as reserve, if you have an injury everyone below moves up one.

Guessing you're not a fan of BWD...any reason for that fella?

I find him great to watch and he's keen as mustard to race and get stuck in.

Didn't matter that the white line on the track for Brad's gate wasn't in line with the vertical piece of tape on the starting tapes, making his gate smaller than the other three!

I was watching the tapes last night. Stood pretty much directly in front of them, apex of first bend.

It was really noticeable how loose they were. The middle of the tapes, seemed to hang there way much longer than normal when being released.

I was watching the tapes last night. Stood pretty much directly in front of them, apex of first bend.

It was really noticeable how loose they were. The middle of the tapes, seemed to hang there way much longer than normal when being released.

Don't tell others that mind, he's a jumped up kiwi after all :rolleyes: One of the best riders you could meet, down to earth kid :t:

• Like 2

I never mentioned BWD? Infact yes I like him very much

I never mentioned BWD? Infact yes I like him very much

My apologies...I meant to quote Sommelier and not yourself....my mistake.

• Like 1

Cut offs, who qualifies and who doesn't, just let teams pick whoever they want within their 7 riders.

Regarding BWD having watched him many times last year at Eastbourne home and away and seeing how he has progressed this year, is quiet remarkable. As far as being a fan of BWD no not really, now take Paul Starke and Charles Wright a huge fan. With the confrontation with BWD at the start line he was unhappy before the start so why not sort the problem out before under starters orders? had he have won the race do you think he would have had the confrontation? IMO it showed a tad of immaturity

• Like 1