British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Woz01

Coventry V Belle Vue 22/07/2016

The first fixture at Brandon was excellent only surpassed by the return at Belle Vue so should be another good one. Rumours of Garrity and Sarjeant returning tomorrow, hopefully they are fit enough. Belle Vue full strength? Shame I'm missing this due to work!

Prediction 47-43.

• Like 1

Thursday July 21, 2016

COVENTRY face another of the Elite Leagues title favourites when Belle Vue visit Brandon on Friday (7.30pm).

Matches between the Buildbase Bees and the Aces have been amongst the big highlights in recent seasons with the last two clashes in particular including earlier this year going right down to the wire with Coventry triumphing in last-heat deciders.

Its nearly five years since the Aces were last victorious at Brandon but they have significantly gained in strength over the last two campaigns, having reached the Elite League Grand Final in 2015 when they narrowly missed out to Poole.

The men from Manchester have a powerful spearhead in Slovenian Grand Prix star Matej Zagar along with British Final runner-up Craig Cook and former Bees skipper Scott Nicholls whilst Australian youngster Max Fricke starred on their previous visit and is enjoying a terrific season.

Bees are set to welcome back James Sarjeant at reserve after he missed the home and away matches against Poole following a crash at Ipswich last week.

Sarjeant was due to return for the Witches against Peterborough on Thursday, meaning Jason Garrity is likely to be the only regular absentee, although he too is approaching a comeback and should line up for Sheffield in this weekends Premier League Fours.

In the meantime, Ben Barker continues as Garritys stand-in for the Bees in their final fixture before the Elite League takes a week off for the World Cup.

Skipper Chris Harris said: We can definitely re-group for Friday. Were at home, and weve got to go for big points and a big home win against Belle Vue.

Theyre a strong team but we can win at home - well be alright.

Fridays meeting also includes a second-half Midland Development League match between the Vikings and Milton Keynes, and 125cc demo races involving newly-crowned British Champion Dan Thompson.

BUILDBASE BEES (from): Ben Barker, Josh Bates, Chris Harris, Krzysztof Kasprzak, Danny King, James Sarjeant, Kacper Woryna.

BELLE VUE (from): Craig Cook, Max Fricke, Joe Jacobs, Scott Nicholls, Richie Worrall, Steve Worrall, Matej Zagar.

Bates is now a doubt though as crashed which has hurt his knee again 👎🏻

We never seem to have a full team

Edited by mdmc82

Sarjeant is obviously back fit, paid maximum for him tonight.

• Like 1

Sarjeant is obviously back fit, paid maximum for him tonight.

Home win if Bates rides

Home win if Bates rides

Bates rode last night for Sheffield. Has a lot of mechanical problems according to their website but came through it ok.

Sarjeant is hard to understand as he scored really well for Ipswich a couple of weeks ago & then was terrible for us the next night. Let's hope he's turned a corner as he used to be really good so we know he can do it.

I think this is going to be one of our toughest tests tonight esp with Jacobs now scoring well. Belle Vue scored well in their away win at Swindon last night.

Our team is strange though as at home we have best the stronger teams like Poole, Woves & Belle Vue last time but lost to more average sides like Swindon & King's Lynn.

Edited by mdmc82

Home win if Bates rides

Always seems close against Belle Vue, I think we will have just enough.

It's a credit to both teams when you think 7 of the 10 riders short listed for the team GP squad are from these two teams 🇬🇧👍🏻

• Like 1

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Thanks

Edit - Now sorted.

Edited by crazysue

This is going to be a huge task for us tonight. I think Belle Vue are the best team in the league when you look at their 1-7 and are very good away from home. A win or draw tonight & they go top.

Think our reserves are going to struggle again tonight.

Now we can't make the play offs, with Belle Vue having some of my face riders, I hope Belle Vue go on to win the title (just hoping they don't win tonight lol though)

Edited by mdmc82

It's a credit to both teams when you think 7 of the 10 riders short listed for the team GP squad are from these two teams

Just as well Team GB got a pass straight to the final then!!!!!!

• Like 1

Got the night off work so I'm now here at Brandon. Still 25°c here lovely evening for it. After me having a pop at Woryna it wouldn't surprise me if he did well tonight, he's due a good meeting. Up The Bees.