British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Woz01

Coventry V Belle Vue 22/07/2016

Scored and produced good racing. Barker is doing neither

There both crap, notice Garrity hasn't shown his face since he's been out

Missed Garrity? What has he done other than cause the Coventry team to be completely unbalanced?

Garrity hasnt caused the team to be imbalance, that's the managements fault. They pick the reserves poorly. Its quite simple Garrity was not going to be a draft rider whoever signed him and there was a couple who wanted him.

Think your all being harsh on havvy. I was told by someone in the pits woryna wasn't up for it. You guys do realise he had a nasty off. Soon as that adrenaline worse off he would have been sore and possibly stiff

Your defeat was more down to luck. You had none. We have a bit. All though the ref was a right tool.

He looked fit pulling wheelies sitting on the mudguard!

Just got back from the meeting tonight - thought it was a good meeting apart from the result !

Great racing in quite a few heats tonight - inspired performance from Kasper Woryna so credit where credit is due.

Missed points from KK ( missed start in Ht 1 or was it Zagar that jumped and got away with it ? ) and a blown engine before Ht 13 probably cost us in Ht 15 too. Having said that think Danny got away with a flyer in Ht6 ?!

Batesy not quite on the gas tonight nor Barker although he did lead a race until bike failure cost us a 5-1 and rewarded Aces with a 4-2 instead.

Oh well - season over as far as play-offs concerned let's hope it's not for good !!

Very impressed with Belle Vue - good solid heat leaders and a super star in the making in Max Fricke - add to that the two Worrall boys and this team is gonna win the League I reckon and deservedly / hopefully so ....

Cheers

• Like 2

There both crap, notice Garrity hasn't shown his face since he's been out

How would you know you keep telling us you don't go? Also why does he have to show his face? It's not like he lives around the corner.

He looked fit pulling wheelies sitting on the mudguard!

He was advised not to have another ride.

• Like 2

Well then Aces. When was the last time we were top of the pile?

Off the top of my head, 2005?

It does make a pleasant change.

Not wishing to put the mockers on Belle Vues season, but we didn't win the title that year, so being top of the table is great, but there is still a long way to go.

As at the moment BV have very little in the way of home track advantage, over two legs no matter who we meet it will be a close thing.

We still have several home meetings left, which should help our team get better dialled in at home.

Not wishing to put the mockers on Belle Vues season, but we didn't win the title that year, so being top of the table is great, but there is still a long way to go.

As at the moment BV have very little in the way of home track advantage, over two legs no matter who we meet it will be a close thing.

We still have several home meetings left, which should help our team get better dialled in at home.

No home track advantage yet but still top of the league based on the fact your also good away this year. If the team can get to grips with the home track and find some advantage, this could be their year

• Like 1

I really quite enjoyed the racing last night, not sure why some think it was boring.

As always we had a good scrap with Nicholls and Harris, there were numerous passes through the night. The ref was awful, like truly not on the ball that added to the drama. Didn't get to see Nicholls and Woryna crash well from where we were but it seemed they they were going wider and wider, a better night for him but he does look out of control on some of the bends, was lucky not to wipe out Fricke in heat 9. He did well after the crash and don't go telling me he was unfit for heat 14, pulling wheelies like he was!!

I hope Belle Vue go on to win the play offs, Looking at there team where one can have an off night they have plenty in hand to pick them up, the Worralls were good value and when Zagar and Cook got out they team rode so close on that first lap or so, Scott will still pop up with a good ride or so as he showed in heat 14 but the man who will go far is Max Fricke.

Congratulations to Belle Vue on the win.

Was a close meeting although not the best racing wise we have had.

Bit of bad luck tonight. First Barkers bike stopping when him & Woryna were on a 5-1 and

Gutted that KK blew his engine on his way out in heat 13 & had to jump on Barkers (of all the bikes) as he had been brilliant in his 2 races prior which also meant he wasn't in 15.

Sod's law that just cos the reserves turned up, some of the top 5 didn't.

Much better from Woryna tonight. If only he could do this all the time instead of just now & then. was good to see him get up from his crash. Why wasn't he is heat 14.

I'm really hoping that's the last we have seen of Barker

Watching tonight, I'm not sure if Cook or Harris should be in team gb. Harris had a bad night but still managed to go from last to first around Zagar & Cook. I was surprised Cook was in heat 15 and not Fricke.

Steve Worrall was great to watch tonight. Leaving Swindon & joining Belle Vue was one of the best things he did.

Good luck to Belle Vue in the play off races. I'm hoping they go on to win the title.

Some interesting talk at the stadium which would explain a few things. Talk is Horton isn't returning next year regardless of what happens with the stadium which might explain why no new signings and why he's not bothered about play offs. A ex rider & his dad are considering offering their services if we still run but just in the consideration stage at present.

He was very good tonight. However that's one meeting at of several

No mention though of King's massive jump start that was so obvious the flag marshal on first bend put red flag out causing Cook to pull up. And Nicholls unfair exclusion when we had passed Woryna and then Woryna was leaning so far on him he was trying to get on Nicholls bike! Edited by Rob B

No mention though of King's massive jump start that was so obvious the flag marshal on first bend put red flag out causing Cook to pull up. And Nicholls unfair exclusion when we had passed Woryna and then Woryna was leaning so far on him he was trying to get on Nicholls bike!

Don't agree that Nicholls was unfairly excluded which is why I haven't put it.

I commented that the ref was inconsistent. He brought back the same race 3 times due to riders jumping but yet let Zagar do it in heat 1, King in heat 6 & R Worrall in heat 8

King & R Worrall both jumped by a mile so evened that one out.

Don't agree that Nicholls was unfairly excluded which is why I haven't put it.

I commented that the ref was inconsistent. He brought back the same race 3 times due to riders jumping but yet let Zagar do it in heat 1, King in heat 6 & R Worrall in heat 8

King & R Worrall both jumped by a mile so evened that one out.

So it's ok for flag marshals to be putting red flag out when red lights not gone on?

I'd have the same side as Fred Flange.

Woofy, Bomber, Lambert and Cook.

King is simply not good enough, Bomber can still occasionally mix it with the best and has an idea how to pass. He is good entertainment.

• Like 1

I'd have the same side as Fred Flange.

Woofy, Bomber, Lambert and Cook.

King is simply not good enough, Bomber can still occasionally mix it with the best and has an idea how to pass. He is good entertainment.

I'm not sure Cook would have done as well as King did at Cardiff. Also Danny was the best at the British Final throughout the meeting & in the final. Once King hit the dirt Cook had no answer