British Speedway Forum

2016 has been more about off track issues than on track, securing the stadium for another 1-3 years is fantastic however the work on life after Brandon is still as important as ever. The promotion what ever people's opinion must be praised as the meeting on Friday would have been the bees last official meeting. Mistakes have been made, not the only promotion but I think Mick at times gets a rough ride based on past events and not helped by ex riders making comments on Twitter then it's gone. Twitter used in the correct way is brilliant for speedway riders to connect with fans, spoilt by fans being absolute morons by posting abbusive messages and then riders and sad to say even management hitting back. Not professional and becoming increasingly more evident.

For 2017 I think a new team manager would help, Gary has had his ups and downs over his seasons at Coventry but a fresh face in the pits and somebody bees fans can relate to. The promotion maybe in an ideal world could have a supporters representive to liaise with.(can think of an ideal candidate, she is quite vocal on the first bend)

The end of season issues highlight when plans are mentioned and do not materialise it frustrates fans who pay through thick and thin, Friday's team was a skeleton of our original team with a number 1 not mentioned on the official club website? We knew we were limited but sometimes the communication is just not there? With Twitter and other social media available we are surly missing a trick? Have a snapchat account, a focus on what goes into a race day at Brandon...?? Q&A with a rider, competitions for kids to watch a race from the centre ?? Just a few examples of what maybe could be used as kids love speedway, they are all into social media.. It's free !!

The riders coming out after by the first bend is a great move, the pics you see on our Facebook page are great and what a lasting impression for a young or old supporter to have your picture with your favourite rider.

As I said earlier, mick could of easily walked away from this and we would have no Coventry Speedway in 2017 at Brandon it's as simple as that. He gets very little credit and takes a lot flack, some justified but supporters must be blinkered if they think Mick is the worst promotor in the sport and rider x,y and z don't want to ride for him. I think he stubborn in the fact if we had the old presentation team that would freshen it up, Chris would be perfect at interacting with the crowd.

Let's hope lessons from 2016 are looked at, reviewed and we can look at a new era in 2017.... You know how speedway is, bomber may well be back in 2018.

Edited by Coventry_Bee
  • Like 6

Chris ' Bomber ' Harris has been a fantastic rider for the Bees over the years and especially so during the glory years when we won the title ! Thank-you Chris !!! We will all remember the stuffing we gave out to Poole in the 2010 Play-Off final and Chris's part in that no doubt. He has been worth the admission money alone on many occasions for his never say die exploits from the back - take a bow Bomber you are a Coventry Legend !

Having said that - Life and Speedway in Coventry moves on .... so good luck at your new team Bomber but we need to move on at Brandon with a new team depending on the new rules etc ....

Cheers

• Like 2

I would like to see some thing like this at Brandon next year

AJ

Shamek

Somolinski

Jason Garrity

Josh Bates

Plus whoever fits ?

I doubt Smolinski will leave Germany now, he seems to have settled there

I would like to see some thing like this at Brandon next year

AJ

Shamek

Somolinski

Jason Garrity

Josh Bates

Plus whoever fits ?

AJ would be OK if he scores like this season and we can get Smolys average reduced like Poole did with Linback

I'm sure they would put Smoli's average up rather than down if they know we are interested!

Does Smolinski ride in the top league in either Poland or Sweden? If not he should get reassessed to a 5....

Does Smolinski ride in the top league in either Poland or Sweden? If not he should get reassessed to a 5....

No 3 he is an EDR.

European draft rider.

Only applies if he returns to his parent club

I am hoping Kaspazak rides for Coventry against next year (with AJ as back up 😉)

I would like to see Garrity & King back with the bees. Wouldn't mind ex bees Kylmakorpi or Zengota either. Max Fricke would be good as well.

I guess it will depend on rule changes and averages. If there will be a draft list, heatleader list etc

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

I am hoping Kaspazak rides for Coventry against next year (with AJ as back up 😉)

I would like to see Garrity & King back with the bees. Wouldn't mind ex bees Kylmakorpi or Zengota either. Max Fricke would be good as well.

I guess it will depend on rule changes and averages. If there will be a draft list, heatleader list etc

I think Kylmakorpi is ideal for that 3rd heatleader role.

• Like 1

mdmc82, on 20 Sept 2016 - 5:27 PM, said:

I am hoping Kaspazak rides for Coventry against next year (with AJ as back up )

" I guess it will depend on rule changes and averages. If there will be a draft list, heatleader list etc " ... How naïve you are , just wait till a couple of promotions formulate their teams , suggest about .25 a point above it & it will go through on the nod unopposed & bingo they name their teams within a week ...Isn't that how it works theses days ?

• Like 1

" I guess it will depend on rule changes and averages. If there will be a draft list, heatleader list etc " ... How naïve you are , just wait till a couple of promotions formulate their teams , suggest about .25 a point above it & it will go through on the nod unopposed & bingo they name their teams within a week ...Isn't that how it works theses days ?

Certain teams yes

Some of it depends on Mick's wallet