British Speedway Forum

Someone name of Karen Sealey posted the following on Fb; But where will they be riding as Brandon is closed and bars have been stripped out, lights taken down and seats stripped out?. Now i realise that none of those are needed to race, i think Mr Horton and the BSPA need to get a grip of the situation, If those comments are correct then im thinking Speedway at Brandon next season is going to be difficult to put on, maybe MH would be better forgetting Premiership Speedway, and concentrate on NL..

I doubt a team would be being announced this week if that was the case. Also why would they waste a whole week promoting Coventry Bees at the motorcycle live event

Somebody on Twitter had replied to a similar post and said the floodlights that were meant to be removed were actually on this week so might have been for maintenance

Edited by mdmc82

Someone name of Karen Sealey posted the following on Fb; But where will they be riding as Brandon is closed and bars have been stripped out, lights taken down and seats stripped out?. Now i realise that none of those are needed to race, i think Mr Horton and the BSPA need to get a grip of the situation, If those comments are correct then im thinking Speedway at Brandon next season is going to be difficult to put on, maybe MH would be better forgetting Premiership Speedway, and concentrate on NL..

She's not local so must have read it elsewhere.

I doubt a team would be being announced this week if that was the case.

Somebody on Facebook had replied to a similar post and said the floodlights that were meant to be removed were actually on this week so might have been for maintenance

I asked the question on the save cov speedway twitter feed and a local said floodlights we on until 8pm the other night. Possibly some have been removed? A new catering firm is supposedly running the food and drink areas next season so I guess the stripping of the bars and kiosks wouldn't be a surprise, if true of course.

To me if this is in fact true Sandhu is having another hissy fit. I'm sure it's no coincidence this happening while Horton isn't in the country.

Edit. Someone has just confirmed floodlights were on last night as it lights up the sky around the whole area.

Edited by woz01

She's not local so must have read it elsewhere.

I asked the question on the save cov speedway twitter feed and a local said floodlights we on until 8pm the other night. Possibly some have been removed? A new catering firm is supposedly running the food and drink areas next season so I guess the stripping of the bars and kiosks wouldn't be a surprise, if true of course.

To me if this is in fact true Sandhu is having another hissy fit. I'm sure it's no coincidence this happening while Horton isn't in the country.

Edit. Someone has just confirmed floodlights were on last night as it lights up the sky around the whole area.

Iv just asked if its rumour, she says her relatives have been up there today, to collect stuff that they have there, and the place is closing at the weekend, and being gutted.

Iv just asked if its rumour, she says her relatives have been up there today, to collect stuff that they have there, and the place is closing at the weekend, and being gutted.

Sandhu is probably trying to take what he can. Doesn't matter what Sandhu says hes irrelevant to the lease from 2017.

Brandon Estates (site owner) is providing sponsorship so I guess them and Horton knew this was happening and the funds they are providing will help replace the essentials. To be honest the only worry is the floodlight rumour the rest can wait

Edited by woz01

Unusually, reckon I am in agreement with the team so far - the balance though could be make or break. In my opinion the following would be the 3 riders I would choose;

Number 7 and our 2 point rider - Martin Knuckey - has progressed so much in the Storm and injury free will make a difference.

Jason Garrity - the present day Gary Gugliemi who provides enough entertainment to warrant admission on his own - those who had the pleasure of seeing Gugliemi will know what I mean.

Joonas (Ky.. whatever his name is) was shafted by Coventry for 2016 and then massively by Wolverhampton during the season). A campaigner who would oversee and look after the rest from the team and not over the hill !)

I remember the days where we had Hancock, Hamill, Jonnson and Richardson in the same team all at the same time - seeing Jonnson going through the wooden safety fence at Peterborough and having to get the carpenter out to repair before racing continued. god bless air fences !

even more sad is my memories of East Midlands Bowl of March 1976 with Ole Olsen facing Ray Wilson of Leicester at Brandon with the stadium almost full to the rafters. The entertainment factor is what it is all about - 2017 could provide that once again - don't need "names" anymore. Saturday night racing back again would make all the difference too - no more greyhound racing - limited GP stars in British Speedway to affect team line-ups and only 1st Saturday in every month for Stock Car to take preference.

I know it ain't gonna happen - but why not dream eh !

• Like 1

I'm not sure Kylmakorpi was shafted last year, he wanted to get sorted early doors and Horton didn't want to commit so early... Hence he was announced si early by Wolves

I'm not sure Kylmakorpi was shafted last year, he wanted to get sorted early doors and Horton didn't want to commit so early... Hence he was announced si early by Wolves

He was in talks with Coventry last year but then when King was confirmed as being in the heatleader list, Coventry told him they could no longer accommodate him.

That's when Wolves signed him

With regards to floodlights being removed from Brandon I would not be surprised as Sandu did install around 20 new floodlights when he started dog racing again so they are not needed now

Looks like Coventry will be fighting to stay up if those 3 names complete the 2017 team.

Matej Zagar anyone?

You're joking. :o No wonder Belle Vue got into financial difficulties with the money they were allegedly paying him to ride for them.

Sandhu will probably make more money from the 8 stock car meetings than Mick Horton will make from a whole season of Speedway, put it this way 6000 @ £15 is a lot of money.

Depends how much he's got to pay to rent the stadium. :wink: All the admission money won't be going straight into his pocket any more so he won't be getting as much as he has in previous years.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

Stockcars on the weekend is usually 20 quid minimum, must make an absolute bomb!

Pennies compared to what it was sold for but the stock cars must bring in a lot of income, more than speedway you see whole families there and I was surprised at how many had merchandised tops/coats.

What ever they do I must say it's run so well and worth the money.

Who knows what's going on if its maintenance or what, can't see what value they have and what's the point in taking them down for them to be replaced for 1-3 years?

Who is going to want to buy floodlights.. or unless they go into storage for the new venue ..can't see it working at present if it is true what's going on as the ball goes back on the other foot if sandhu and it's a big if he finds a site.

When the stadium was sold maybe sandhu had it in place for the equipment etc to go with him at the end of the season as it was to be demolished. It would make sense to the common man for something to be put in place to either sell the equipment on to Horton or to Brandon estates. If Brandon estates are sponsoring the bees then if they are messed about will they necessarily want/need the stock cars?

So, where are the Bees supposed to be riding then? No track, no seating, no floodlights, no center green, stadium closed.. :cry:

Pennies compared to what it was sold for but the stock cars must bring in a lot of income, more than speedway you see whole families there and I was surprised at how many had merchandised tops/coats.

What ever they do I must say it's run so well and worth the money.

Who knows what's going on if its maintenance or what, can't see what value they have and what's the point in taking them down for them to be replaced for 1-3 years?

Who is going to want to buy floodlights.. or unless they go into storage for the new venue ..can't see it working at present if it is true what's going on as the ball goes back on the other foot if sandhu and it's a big if he finds a site.

When the stadium was sold maybe sandhu had it in place for the equipment etc to go with him at the end of the season as it was to be demolished. It would make sense to the common man for something to be put in place to either sell the equipment on to Horton or to Brandon estates. If Brandon estates are sponsoring the bees then if they are messed about will they necessarily want/need the stock cars?

I'm quite sure Jeremy Heaver has said in the past that seating, floodlights etc could be used for the new stadium. Hopefully this was all known about and Horton, Brandon Estates and maybe Buildbase have plans in place and/or helping out with supplies. A catering firm taking over the food and beverage kiosks has been rumoured for example so it may not be a shock to Coventry Speedway.

As for the team it does seem the final 3 will be Garrity, Kerr and Sarj.

Edited by woz01