British Speedway Forum

How can you have Coventry riding at home at Beaumont park its a joke sorry I just don't think its right at all, I would of personally preferred Coventry to have perhaps taken a sabbatical and sorted there own affairs out.

Nice little earner for Buster.

Whoever meets the bees in April will be on to a winner as Coventry will obviously have no home track advantage. Let's have a look.

Kings Lynn

Leicester

Poole

It does give you a nice warm feeling that at least something's in the sport never change.

I think you will find Sandu is putting the stadium to rights and the stox will run at brandon .Then the Bees will move back I would presume about the beginning of may

Edited by kingbee
  • Like 1

How can you have Coventry riding at home at Beaumont park its a joke sorry I just don't think its right at all, I would of personally preferred Coventry to have perhaps taken a sabbatical and sorted there own affairs out.

If they'd "taken a sabbatical" it would probably have equalled a death sentence.

What they're probably getting is use of Leicester at a low rent but I think it has got to be short term only with a planned return to Brandon date set out ASAP otherwise it will turn into another farce.

• Like 3

Did Horton remove the seats and lights and vandalise the stadium ?

No but his actions led to that action being taken. Only one man has saved the Bees - and he's not called Horton!

Plenty of questions and not too many answers despite the BSPA statement. But, in the circumstances, perhaps the least worst outcome although there are clearly plenty of anxious days ahead for Coventry and their supporters. Fingers crossed.

I think a sabbatical would mean the end just my opinion
  • Like 1

Disaster written all over this. Cold damp early season weather, motorway's chocker on a Friday and a couple of poor results from a team that do not want to be there.

Crowds will drop of a cliff.

If i was a Coventry fan and it was just for the short term i would put up with any cr@p and turn up to support them.If it gives them any chance of a future as a fan it is the only way i could do my bit to keep the club going.If the worst happens and the club goes to the wall at least i will know that i did the best i could to keep my club alive.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 8

So that rumour I posted about in here, the one that made laugh? Was true, Sandhu is back :D

No but his actions led to that action being taken. Only one man has saved the Bees - and he's not called Horton!

Incorrect. The actions of Brandon Estates meant he took his stuff. If Horton did sign the lease it wouldn't have made any difference at that time.

So that rumour I posted about in here, the one that made laugh? Was true, Sandhu is back :D

And you are riding at Leicester... Don't all jump on me at once.. ;)

If i was a Coventry fan and it was just for the short term i would put up with any cr@p and turn up to support them.If it gives them any chance of a future as a fan it is the only way i could do my bit to keep the club going.If the worst happens and the club goes to the wall at least i will know that i did the best i could to keep my club alive.

I totally agree with you, at this stage supporters need to do all they can to keep the Bees alive, with not enough supporters turning up for meetings the powers that be will not need a better excuse to close the Bees down, no Speedway supporters wants that - even if we do support other clubs. Hopefully the Bees will be back at Brandon sooner rather than later.

At the moment we still have our club and we have the "promise" of a return to Brandon and we will Speedway even if it is a Leicester in the interim.

We don't live in the area anymore,but if we did, I'd be damn sure we would make every effort to get to Leicester to support our team and at the end of the day that's what it's about isn't it?

It's so easy to be sceptical, because we've felt we've been led up the garden path and put through torture more than once by Sandhu and Horton.

It doesn't feel like it over to me, far from it.......

But would I take this over the alternative ...Bloody right I will!!

I'll see some of you Bees fans at Somerset on 12th May ;)

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 8

What happens if Brandon doesn't get sorted out? Do they just stay at Leicester, or do they only have a certain amount of time there?

Thats where they will stay. For the forseable future anyway.

At the moment we still have our club and we have the "promise" of a return to Brandon and we will Speedway even if it is a Leicester in the interim.

But would I take this over the alternative ...Bloody right I will!!

I'll see some of you Bees fans at Somerset on 12th May ;)

Well said my little rose bush... You have a club and speedway.. ;)

So what role does have Sandhu have at Coventry now?

Is he back involved or just a financial backer??

Only the BSPA deserve any credit out of this. However in the statement I have no idea why they are thanking Sandhu or Horton. It's because of them we are in this mess.