British Speedway Forum

Really sad to see him go! He will always be Mr Coventry to me. I can't say I blame him though :(

Good luck Bomber!

PS. Please don't go to Poole! ;)

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 1

The Horton affect kicking in again we see.

If you bother to read both statements you would know Bomber wants a change for him to get back to where he wants to be. Both have said there is nothing untoward.

Absolutely gutted. I hope he goes to Wolves as it will do him good. What I want to see is Bomber back to his best, if that isn't going to be at Brandon then I'm fine with that. Hopefully a new Bees legend will replace him.

Really sad to see him go! He will always be Mr Coventry to me. I can't say I blame him though :(

Good luck Bomber!

PS. Please don't go to Poole! ;)

Just no. Surely it's in the rules somewhere that he is banned from doing so? Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

Leicester have been in need of someone like Harris since they joined the EL (A second heat leader behind a number 1, so I'm not including Doyle in this)

Whats to say he would have missed the meetings?

Because he has picked and choose meetings for years and has form for it.

You sure about that?

No, but going on speculation it seems likely.

If Kk went back to Poole, would we really be content with King as our no 1 on a 7 point average.

Would be absolute cannon fodder, worse than Leicester this year.

If the team is going to be weak, it might as well be at a lower level so we can at least get back to weekly speedway.

No, but going on speculation it seems likely.

If Kk went back to Poole, would we really be content with King as our no 1 on a 7 point average.

Would be absolute cannon fodder, worse than Leicester this year.

If the team is going to be weak, it might as well be at a lower level so we can at least get back to weekly speedway.

Plenty of heatleaders will be on the move during the winter.

i can see why he wants to go.

career has stalled needs a new challenge to kick start him

good luck to him, all the issues around the stadium as well, might as well go now.

not keen on the sell bit, (even if someone would?) all a bit SISU!

• Like 1

Plenty of heatleaders will be on the move during the winter.

Who will want to join the Bees though? The only rider we're linked with is Fricke and he's barely a heat leader let alone a number one.

Edited by CB252

i can see why he wants to go.

career has stalled needs a new challenge to kick start him

good luck to him, all the issues around the stadium as well, might as well go now.

not keen on the sell bit, (even if someone would?) all a bit SISU!

Might be to buy a rider who he was keen on last winter but we will have to see about that.

Harris is on the downward slope no GP next year probably lost some sponsors. He will score points at some tracks I think he will head to Wolves and double up

Emil Sayfutdinov rode 9 meetings in the season you required 8 meetings to be an asset so he's an asset too. Meaning Greg, Emil, AJ, Pawlicki and Harris are all assets. Only likely to see 1 of them riding for the Bees next season though and I would imagine that Horton has been hard at work trying to sell as many of them as possible!

Don't say you weren't warned a few days ago!

Hopefully a Harris/Fricke swap of some sort can be agreed.

Edited by SCB

Hopefully a Premier League one ~ but riding in that league of course. :lol:

• Like 2

Good Luck to Bomber wherever he rides next season . I for one hope he is allowed to double up & make a good living from our sport. NEVER ever let his club down , rides on Fridays before GPs & ALWAYS takes a guest bookings . Wish there were more like him . Cant fault him .. ALL THE BEST !

• Like 5

If only their could be 8 Chris Harris' and every team could have one. You just know he's going to be at any meeting he is due to be at, you never get dodgy excuses or him peeing off to a party or pointless practice sessions.

Yes people mock him in the GPs, yes he's always got an excuse for why he hasn't done well but on track he is everything speedway needs more of. Whoever he signs for in 2017 is a getting a 100% committed rider, one who without the stresses of the GP series will probably put a point, maybe even 2 on his average - but best of all he'll do it in the most exciting of ways.

Good Luck to Bomber where ever he goes. I'm sure that like Scott Nicholls he'll continue to get a great reception whenever he returns to Brandon.