British Speedway Forum

And you all have to apologise to Starman as it would mean he was actually right!! :o Bees fans were so adamant it wouldn't happen (and gave Starman grief for continuely mentioning it) and yet looks like it might have to.

Don't be silly Lis, that will never happen. Not on here anyhow. ;)

Another claiming to be in the know.........

Unfortunately the only bit I am in the know about is the bit about the site being offered as a car storage facility. It's being offered by JRB consultants in Solihull on behalf of the owners. I've seen the particulars of the offer complete with pictures of Brandon in all its glory.

As to what is happening to the team, I haven't got a clue. Same as everyone else.

Which could just mean those competing

Yep thats what I mean. If we are not on it that's final.

Edited by woz01

The coventry fans don't deserve this situation at all because be it this year, next year or the year after greed £££ is going to end up as the winner and it makes me sick!

Like there isn't enough empty fields elsewhere to build houses on. sucks

The Bees fans have known this was going to happen for a very long time, The fans should of bought the club and run it themselves and then they wouldn't of gone through weeks of worry which still continues.

Let's hope for news tomorrow

Edited by robert72

The Bees fans have known this was going to happen for a very long time, The fans should of bought the club and run it and then they wouldn't of gone through weeks of worry which still continues.

If we bought the club how would it be any different? The club don't own the stadium and haven't done for a long time.

The Bees fans have known this was going to happen for a very long time, The fans should of bought the club and run it and then they wouldn't of gone through weeks of worry which still continues.

Bought the club with what? We don't just have millionaire fans wandering around, we aren't Poole!

Whoever bought the club when Horton did would have ended up getting stitched up and having nowhere to run at this point.

The way forward is a basic stadium in a field as, realistically, that is all British speedway can pay for these days.

If we bought the club how would it be any different? The club don't own the stadium and haven't done for a long time.

Get support from the local council to lease some land with permission for speedway then get as many people to help do a somerset/leicester type stadium and keep it a fans owned club like they do at several football clubs, then it's down to the fans to build it up.

Get support from the local council to lease some land with permission for speedway then get as many people to help do a somerset/leicester type stadium and keep it a fans owned club like they do at several football clubs, then it's down to the fans to build it up.

It's an interesting idea but, dare I say, the wonderfully forward thinking BSPA wouldn't make this an easy feat to accomplish?!

Edited by CB252
  • Like 1

Bought the club with what? We don't just have millionaire fans wandering around, we aren't Poole!

Whoever bought the club when Horton did would have ended up getting stitched up and having nowhere to run at this point.

The way forward is a basic stadium in a field as, realistically, that is all British speedway can pay for these days.

so if the way forward is a basic stadium in a field (which I agree ) why the need of millionaire fans which is not needed.

I think the quickest way to extinction would be not to run at all.

It does say full list on the speedway gb twitter feed.

I would bet you now if Coventry go to Leicester they will never be speedway at Brandon again Edited by kingbee
  • Like 4

I would bet you now if Coventry go to Leicester they will never be speedway at Brandon again

Hopefully tomorrow we'll be put out of our misery

• Like 1

I would bet you now if Coventry go to Leicester they will never be speedway at Brandon again

I don't think we will see speedway at Brandon ever but while it's standing we still have to try and save it. We have to do what we can and if we don't run less people will be interested in doing anything about it.

Edited by woz01

It's an interesting idea but, dare I say, the wonderfully forward thinking BSPA wouldn't make this an easy feat to accomplish?!

I am surprised we haven't had a fans run club yet, I think it's the way forward and doubt the bspa would object as it wouldn't been in there interest to rock a fans owned club.

so if the way forward is a basic stadium in a field (which I agree ) why the need of millionaire fans which is not needed.

You were on about buying the club, which is what Mr Horton purchased from Mr Sandhu.

Presumably purchasing riding assets etc comes with a price that would be beyond the remit of your average speedway fan?

Millionaire might be a stretch but you'd need a sizeable amount of cash to literally throw away with little chance of a return on your investment.

Rugby Council are already trying to find us some suitable land. Coventry Council have said there is none suitable.