British Speedway Forum

They must be otherwise the post is pointless but what he overheard in The Roseycombe probably doesn't hold much water!!

I don't drink haven't been in the Roseycombe since I was 23 about a lot of years ago and I do not live in Bingley woods

I think it's going to be an odd season for the whole league with the so called ''watered down'' teams. Chinese whispers can be quite entertaining! I've got my mojo back back tho' and will be there at Brandon whatever the rumours are. Who knows how long we've got left at Coventry as 1 rumour I don't believe is that we'll get a new track one day.

I think it's going to be an odd season for the whole league with the so called ''watered down'' teams. Chinese whispers can be quite entertaining! I've got my mojo back back tho' and will be there at Brandon whatever the rumours are. Who knows how long we've got left at Coventry as 1 rumour I don't believe is that we'll get a new track one day.

We will have to see about the new stadium but a few people are saying floodlights have been taken down at Sandhu's request. I'm hoping that's wrong and it's just for maintenance as some were not working during the season and it wouldn't make much sense as his stox are running at Brandon next year.

Well one gut instinct I trust is that we will run at Brandon in 2017.

I am pleased to see Danny King and Josh Bates back, I think 2016 will have given Danny a real confidence boost and hopefully he can build on that. I think there's a lot more to come from young Josh also and hopefully we will see that this year. I have never really been a big fan of Kenneth Bjerre, to me he is a gate and go type of rider, not a racer who can mix it and come from the back. We have also seen Bjerre struggle on heavy tracks and go missing on the play off stage. That said; I hope both Kenneth and Lasse Bjerre have a good year at Coventry. Now KK has signed for Poole I really hope Mick can produce a big name signing!

• Like 1

Well one gut instinct I trust is that we will run at Brandon in 2017.

I think so too. Just strange about the floodlights.

We will have to see about the new stadium but a few people are saying floodlights have been taken down at Sandhu's request. I'm hoping that's wrong and it's just for maintenance as some were not working during the season and it wouldn't make much sense as his stox are running at Brandon next year.

After the Coventry promoters were having to be beholding to Sandhu and pay rental to hire the stadium/all the refreshments money went to him does anyone think Sandhu wouldn't want to be in the reverse position and have Mick Horton in control of everything? Are the Stock Cars definitely running at Brandon next year or will he be looking to rent a stadium somewhere else? In other words can he be trusted? That is the question. :wink:

After the Coventry promoters were having to be beholding to Sandhu and pay rental to hire the stadium/all the refreshments money went to him does anyone think Sandhu wouldn't want to be in the reverse position and have Mick Horton in control of everything? Are the Stock Cars definitely running at Brandon next year or will he be looking to rent a stadium somewhere else? In other words can he be trusted? That is the question. :wink:

Nice piece of Shakespeare there...

I get Sarj and Garrity but where does Kerr come into it? Especially with Lynn not announcing anyone yet. Wheres the link from Kerr to Coventry?

The statement they put out several weeks back says they have a "working relationship" for 2017. Do I trust Sandhu? No. He didn't even try to get an extended lease. I will be unlikely to get the chance but if I do I may try to pop down tomorrow to look myself.

2pm on a Saturday, back home in time to watch the GP, sorted, no need for floodlights :t:

Sandhu will probably make more money from the 8 stock car meetings than Mick Horton will make from a whole season of Speedway, put it this way 6000 @ £15 is a lot of money.

2pm on a Saturday, back home in time to watch the GP, sorted, no need for floodlights :t:

Sandhu will probably make more money from the 8 stock car meetings than Mick Horton will make from a whole season of Speedway, put it this way 6000 @ £15 is a lot of money.

Stock Car fans are not convinced about being at Brandon next year.

Someone name of Karen Sealey posted the following on Fb; But where will they be riding as Brandon is closed and bars have been stripped out, lights taken down and seats stripped out?. Now i realise that none of those are needed to race, i think Mr Horton and the BSPA need to get a grip of the situation, If those comments are correct then im thinking Speedway at Brandon next season is going to be difficult to put on, maybe MH would be better forgetting Premiership Speedway, and concentrate on NL..

Edited by greyhoundp