British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bryn

Wight Warriors V Exeter

Who is going to the Isle of Wight tonight to see the Wight Warriors in action for a second time this week as they play host to the Exeter Chris Richards Falcons in a challenge match with the Solent Trophy up for grabs?

I'm sure that anyone who, like myself, witnessed racing at the County Ground, which was sold back in 2005, very much hopes that the dream of a dedicated band of enthusiasts of bringing the roar of speedway bikes back to the City in Devon comes true and, no doubt, they will be further inspired by what has been achieved this year by the Isle of Wight operation.

From the look of the side that Exeter have put together, they intend to win the fifteen heat clash having called upon the services of riders from around the country including two from league leaders Birmingham, those being Tom Bacon and Darryl Ritchings.

The Warriors bring in Adam Ellis at No.1 in his last meeting before he represents Team GB in the World Cup Final at the National Stadium in Manchester, and Mildenhall's rising young star Connor Coles, whose dad Michael and grandad Bob both rode for Exeter in years gone by, steps into the squad to cover for Mark Baseby who has a prior commitment. The action starts at 6.45pm with the parade of riders but prior to that the pits are open to the public from 5.45 to 6.15 and all kids 16 and under are admitted FREE. Gates open 5.30.

Edited by Bryn

I am surprised that Adam is allowed to ride today as its before an important meeting.

watching adam around smallbrook will be worth the entrance fee alone in my book , can't wait for sept 1st .