British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Raiders V Birmingham Sun 31st July Approx 6-30pm After Rockets

Didn't catch it, but someone nearby said he wanted to use Shuttleworth as a guest.

not like they need shuttleworth....

not like they need shuttleworth....

Certainly not today

Graham Dury having a right moan at the ref before the NL match. Didn't catch much, but the track was mentioned and the make up of the Brummies side. He's not happy

Drury moaning. Is that news? (not attacking/commenting on the poster, btw)

• Like 1

Usual Raiders story. Three riders scoring the majority of the points. Just 8 points from the other four guys.

Impressed with Smith, Hume over trying on his return to Rye. Well done to those who hung about until the end.

What can you say, less than half a team aint gonna win nothing.. totally out classed by the best team in the league ..Time between the two meetings way to long..started at4pm finished nearly 9 pm

Wasn't sure about this one with us missing Zach and Tom but how wrong I was. We have so many riders now that can rise to the occasion when we are missing key riders like Zach and Tom. God I love this team!!

Well first i must say how impressed i was with the shape of the track and really enjoyed both matches--nice friendly Rye supporters where we were sat had great banter through both meetings.

Threw away some silly points by over riding etc but totally happy with the way things are going and will certainly go to Rye House knowing i'll see some top notch racing in the future.

• Like 1

Wasn't sure about this one with us missing Zach and Tom but how wrong I was. We have so many riders now that can rise to the occasion when we are missing key riders like Zach and Tom.

Where have you been all season?

If you were gonna put your mortgage on one result this year then this would be it

If you were gonna put your mortgage on one result this year then this would be it

The thing is we haven't got used to being the big fish in this pool and we have so much history of being there but not quite there I don't think we would or could ever shout out "we are gonna win this thing". It just would not sit right. Some have called us the Poole of the NL but you will never find us saying that. We are all still waiting for the wheels to come off while desperately hoping that they don't. And, truth be told, we are still reeling from nearly losing our speedway two years ago.

Very impressed by Jack Smith and Tom Bacon. If this is the standard on NL racing the sport is in good (young) hands.

Danyon reported a bent frame as a result of his spectacular spill at Foxhall on Thursday, which goes some way to explaining his lower than expected score and may have contributed to throwing a chain when he straightened up between bends 3 & 4 in his first. Hopefully he will have both frames sorted by Wednesday and he will be in the Witches side at Sheffield on Thursday.

The only people on here who seem to like these marathon double headers at Rye are the away supporters,probably because they are winning.There is nothing like supporting your team that wins away from home,,,

I too was very impressed with Jack Smith,great prospect, and Bacon and Shuttleworth(first match) have improved a lot this season..A bent frame for Hume may well have accounted for him getting out of shape a fair bit yesterday.,,Our Rob Branford has improved his gating, he is a battler, and was good to watch in both matches,,Ben Morley had mixed afternoon but a good showing in the premier match with two wins,,

Edited by waco

I never take anything for granted where speedway is concerned lol

• Like 2