British Speedway Forum
Comet Dan

Workington V Newcastle Pl 6/8/16 7pm

Dunno why Palavaara was dropped in heat 8, but am sure there would be a reason not to leave him in,,,

Kus, imo has actually been ok at home and even managed a genuine pass last week, albeit against Redcar,,, but his away form has not been great,,,

Not sure how many times you've seen Lambert and after 2 visits to Derwent Park he has not been 'dialled in',,, maybe the place is one of his bogies, but he is good, all round prospect.

I suspect Palavaara was dropped due to engine problems - he had an engine failure in heat one and didn't look under full power in his second ride. Was superb in his last ride though. If that was the case it's a shame he could not have been lent a bike....

Matej Kus was absolutely shocking. I don't mind a rider not being good enough at a particular track, they all have their favourites and the ones for whatever reason they don't like. But three times he got scared out of the way. On the first bend the home straight and the back straight. As soon as a rider got near him he just shut off the throttle and let them past. Simply appalling. Especially when Lambert who missed every start made two passing moves and was within a whisker of getting a third, Worrall, Rose and the excellent Lindgren were so competative and putting in the effort.

Phillips was certainly trying, but I can't see that he is good enough at the moment for this level.

Full points to all riders (except Kus) for putting on some enjoyable speedway over the 15 heats in what were trying conditions.

the next time i hear nigel and kelvin mention robert lambert as the a talent and destined for higher things , i will put a hammer through my T.V.

what was it this time , sponge bob in the tank . rolling and guessing the starts like ????. over hyped by 2 clowns on sky . Sunday will prob see him unbeaten @ rough ..

some great racing tonight . a bit more metal from kus , palovara and the wonder kid and newcastle would have walked it .

shocking decision by the T.M. to replace palovara with rose in heat 8 .

another healthy crowd and we even had new supporters asking questions . very positive move from the management with the 10 pun admission fee . i do hope this could carry on .

Edited by jenga

Poor performance by Diamonds. Shows why we can't continue to carry Phillips. Kus shocking, came in for his away performances and currently not delivering. We'll win nothing with performances like that. Trophies and titles are won on the road!!!!

Can win trophies keep teams to 10 points then hammer them at home

Can win trophies keep teams to 10 points then hammer them at home

not in the league , no agg score . maybe playoff,s but it could be too late by then .

Happy enough with that, good three pts won and nice to see the real Rasmus turn up tonight, looked sharp and fast and worthy of his 11pts, I hope that's him turning the corner!! :t:

An all round performance from the team tonight in increasingly difficult conditions but full marks to both sides tho for whizzing thru and giving us the full 15 races for our tenner's and, throwing in some pretty good ones as well!! :)

Comets looking good at home but we need some away pts now to start bridging the gap, we're already slipping way behind the top four and a top six finish is looking tight, some good teams in and around that area so, let's get moving, onwards and upwards!! :D

Out of curiosity, was it just me or did I hear Matej Kus get awarded the race win when he was clearly second behind Lewis Rose when Hansen was excluded mid race? Definitely saw Rose go by Kus, saw Williamson pull up and restart, never saw where Hansen went off but "definitely" didn't see Kus win, now whether my glasses got fogged up or I got my riders mixed up I dont know but can someone put me out of my misery, Rose was second at flag fall, yes!! :unsure:

I suspect Palavaara was dropped due to engine problems - he had an engine failure in heat one and didn't look under full power in his second ride. Was superb in his last ride though. If that was the case it's a shame he could not have been lent a bike....

Matej Kus was absolutely shocking. I don't mind a rider not being good enough at a particular track, they all have their favourites and the ones for whatever reason they don't like. But three times he got scared out of the way. On the first bend the home straight and the back straight. As soon as a rider got near him he just shut off the throttle and let them past. Simply appalling. Especially when Lambert who missed every start made two passing moves and was within a whisker of getting a third, Worrall, Rose and the excellent Lindgren were so competative and putting in the effort.

I assumed that Vic musta heen having some mechanical issue's,,,

that bit about Kus all sounds familiar,,,

Happy enough with that, good three pts won and nice to see the real Rasmus turn up tonight, looked sharp and fast and worthy of his 11pts, I hope that's him turning the corner!! :t:

An all round performance from the team tonight in increasingly difficult conditions but full marks to both sides tho for whizzing thru and giving us the full 15 races for our tenner's and, throwing in some pretty good ones as well!! :)

Comets looking good at home but we need some away pts now to start bridging the gap, we're already slipping way behind the top four and a top six finish is looking tight, some good teams in and around that area so, let's get moving, onwards and upwards!! :D

Out of curiosity, was it just me or did I hear Matej Kus get awarded the race win when he was clearly second behind Lewis Rose when Hansen was excluded mid race? Definitely saw Rose go by Kus, saw Williamson pull up and restart, never saw where Hansen went off but "definitely" didn't see Kus win, now whether my glasses got fogged up or I got my riders mixed up I dont know but can someone put me out of my misery, Rose was second at flag fall, yes!! :unsure:

Nope! Not hearing things! (Well you did hear it!!). That is what was announced by Dave Hoggart. I'd already written in 1st Rose, 2nd Kus and 3rd Williamson.

Not sure where Hansen went over the line in that race, but he did it in his opening ride coming off turn 2 on the first lap, but the ref didn't see that one!

• Like 1

the next time i hear nigel and kelvin mention robert lambert as the a talent and destined for higher things , i will put a hammer through my T.V.

what was it this time , sponge bob in the tank . rolling and guessing the starts like ????. over hyped by 2 clowns on sky . Sunday will prob see him unbeaten @ rough ..

some great racing tonight . a bit more metal from kus , palovara and the wonder kid and newcastle would have walked it .

shocking decision by the T.M. to replace palovara with rose in heat 8 .

another healthy crowd and we even had new supporters asking questions . very positive move from the management with the 10 pun admission fee . i do hope this could carry on .

Are you trying to say he is not a high talent and destined for higher things? Because if you are then you're talking absolute rubbish.

• Like 1

He is obviously a very talented rider and looked very quick tonight. Unfortunately his gating was poor to say the least, could learn a thing or two off Mr worral or Mr Wells tbh. You could be the most talented rider in the world but if you can't make the gate at pl level then you're going to struggle in the company of the elite :-\

Edited by kevcfc

He is obviously a very talented rider and looked very quick tonight. Unfortunately his gating was poor to say the least, could learn a thing or two off Mr worral or Mr Wells tbh. You could be the most talented rider in the world but if you can't make the gate at pl level then you're going to struggle in the company of the elite :-\

Thing is he is 18 and still very young and learning - his average is on a parr for the two riders you mention and who are also a few years his senior also - with repsect to both riders neither SW or RW were near the level RL was at that age. You also mention RW who certainly wasn't a fabulous gater early in his career either - he can gate it's not as though he is left every time but just needs to add a bit more consistency to it and that will come through good advice and experience. I have mentioned before it is his one weakness otherwise he would be on an 10 - 11 average easily if he was a consistent gater - he seems a smart lad and will know that he has to improve in his gating.

Edited by acclennell
  • Like 1

Nope! Not hearing things! (Well you did hear it!!). That is what was announced by Dave Hoggart. I'd already written in 1st Rose, 2nd Kus and 3rd Williamson.

Not sure where Hansen went over the line in that race, but he did it in his opening ride coming off turn 2 on the first lap, but the ref didn't see that one!

Thank's Steve, my eyes saw one thing, my ears heard another and now I have a messy programme? ;)

Maybe waited for him to win a race before getting his own back? :D

All Robert Lambert is missing is good gating, he has everything else in his locker. Better to judge him on what he has achieved in a variety of tracks against top quality opposition rather than a couple of meetings on one particular circuit.

He really needs to sort his gating out though or he will never realise his massive potential.

• Like 2

just a point on kenneth,s exclusion,i did not see it but from where i stand on the first bend the white line looked to be a yard from the edge of the track,surely this is shortening the declared length of the track.but coming out of turn two the line was at the edge of the rugby pitch

Last night was very entertaining night ,but the hype about Robert Lambert is to much to bare,on last nights performance he could not gate then he rode in my opinion very wild to catch the others ,on a couple of occasions he was out of control.Maybe he has talent but he aint got a race brain and like jason garrity he could do a lot of damage to himself or other riders.Maybe the pundits should stop building him up and let him get on with building a career in speedway

• Like 1

Over the top reaction on Kus. He has been decent of late, one poor match and that's it he has to go....By the same token Lambert and Paolvaara would also be dropped as they were both equally as poor on the night.

It was a disappointing result. Workington (a bit like Scunthorpe) seems to be a track where we always struggle for some reason. I've said that I would fancy us over two legs against anyone but Workington would be the one team I'd want to avoid as they also go pretty well at Brough.

We need to bounce back tonight and we certainly need to do better in our remaining away matches if we are to secure a play-off place.

Edited by NJC71
  • Like 1

just a point on kenneth,s exclusion,i did not see it but from where i stand on the first bend the white line looked to be a yard from the edge of the track,surely this is shortening the declared length of the track.but coming out of turn two the line was at the edge of the rugby pitch

Last night was very entertaining night ,but the hype about Robert Lambert is to much to bare,on last nights performance he could not gate then he rode in my opinion very wild to catch the others ,on a couple of occasions he was out of control.Maybe he has talent but he aint got a race brain and like jason garrity he could do a lot of damage to himself or other riders.Maybe the pundits should stop building him up and let him get on with building a career in speedway

That's a different Robert Lambert to the one I have seen this season both at Berwick, Newcastle and on TV, in the three meetings I seen him he scored 2 maximums and double figures and if you look at his scores you will see that that is not unusual, don't know what's wrong with Worky but he doesn't seem to get on with the place
  • Like 1