British Speedway Forum

I'm the fat lady although I am not sure you will like my singing! :lol:

Well, I see you guys have been talking behind my back again whilst I have been supporting an Ipswich rider at Central Park, lol

Well, as Baldy said when "lewy" had a go at him earlier on another Ipswich Thread (I can't remember which one now), that is me done with it all and, after Thursday, and maybe Newcastle on Sunday, my interest in Ipswich Speedway is ended. Just had enough of all of it now. The personal vendettas. The lack of support. The unrecognised effort put in to try and get an atmosphere back at Foxhall. The massif expense that I have incurred in musical instruments, bubble guns, balloons, tennis racquets, games, honking pigs, hoola hoops, etc. So much time wasted trolling through internet sites and £1 shops. All for what. To be labelled as I have been. Well thank you lot very much. I hope you enjoy your speedway in 2017 and beyond and if our paths cross I will be big enough to say hello and shake your hands. I trust that you will show me that respect to. I now move on to another venture in my life, but will say goodbye to the Massif at Foxhall on Thursday, if I can get the £ together to pay the entrance fee.

I truly hope that the Team does make the play-offs, as the current 1 to 7 is a credit to the once great name of Ipswich Witches Speedway Club. A club that, this year, celebrates its 40th Anniversary of winning the BL League & Cup Double, plus the Pairs - well, it hasn't really been celebrated has it? In fact, has it even been mentioned anywhere? Surely, there should have been some recognition of that 1 to 7 put in place this season? Inviting them to Foxhall for a reunion would not have been too difficult - well, for six of the seven anyway. What another opportunity missed. I really do despair...

Eh?

This non singing fat lady is confuzzled. There have been messages of support, yes there has also been a few less than positive posts but on the whole, I think a fair few are very supportive of what has been going on with our (I use the term loosely as I have only been part of it for a short while) and your efforts.

Waste of time? I changed my mind and continued going to Foxhall where before I was on the cusp of walking away, some might not thankyou for that because they have to continue to put up with my drivel but it has made a difference to me.

Mind you, I may also be guilty of having an extra thick skin after doing the Updates site for the last 12 seasons and that has made me more immune to taking criticism to heart....I just threaten to bash them over the head with an imaginary frying pan to keep them in line now!

• Like 1

You and the rest kept me going macca, now I'm loving it again. Me and lewy had a chat and all is fine between us. As someone said to me once, life is to short to hold grudges. Time to let go and move on now. We love you macca💗💗💗

• Like 4

I can't help but laugh at some of you guys......."that's it, I'm not playing anymore" Hilarious!

• Like 1

You and the rest kept me going macca, now I'm loving it again. Me and lewy had a chat and all is fine between us. As someone said to me once, life is to short to hold grudges. Time to let go and move on now. We love you macca

Really enjoyed my recent visit to Foxhall, because of the "Massif". Macca, it has made a real difference to the atmosphere at Ipswich Speedway. You need a thick skin to post on here - don't let one or two voices upset you, and get back to having a bit of fun at Foxhall.

All the best

Rob

• Like 3

Are we really gonna do a buffet??

Well I am taking some cocktail sausages with me...

I will out my name down for taking a crisp assortment!

Pork pies it is then .

I had better bring something other than Wagon Wheels I suppose!!

But I need to give Super Stevie Worrall a cheer!!

Shame Lambert's missing - I was looking forward to doing a Garrity there!!

Where exactly are we going to put this food, apart from in our belly? Unless we don't sit in the stand and have a table on the bit between the stands