British Speedway Forum

Halifax tiger, it would be even better if they were my opinions😉

Hume looked determined, determined to crash in every race. Big sigh of relief when he completed 4 laps on a 5 nil.

So it's a national league rider for covatti at Workington. So finally our play off hopes will be squashed.

baldyman, on 12 Aug 2016 - 07:40 AM, said:

I was just saying it was rubbish cos of all the stoppages. The lads have done well to get into the position they have. Let's hope it's not all wasted cos we are missing a rider.

Yes macca I thought he was a bit all over the place, especially mid corner. Maybe it was cos the track was grippy?? He will improve vastly by the end of season though.

Enough said I think. Maybe some people enjoy making themselves look stupid🤔

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

Do I sense some tension between the massif people?

• Like 1

Only one creating it. And can't wait to change the massif name, or lose the name. And I wouldn't exactly say tension.

Edited by baldyman

What name would you change our little band of merry men (and women) to then Baldy?

It has become quite well known now amongst all at Foxhall, management included so a change might confuse matters a tad.

• Like 1

Well it's not guaranteed to change, but a few have said the current name sounds like a group of teenagers with their jeans hanging low and their baseball caps back to front down the skate park. And does it need a name? It's open to everyone so maybe it's time to lose the bsf. It was just something a few had been talking about. What happens from here who knows.

I have noticed the noise is starting to gather pace all round the stadium now, even if we still get some strange looks. I'm guessing some still like deadly quiet.

Edited by baldyman

Sometimes you need to be a bit 'out there' to make an initial impact. The 'massif' tag did that for sure.

If a name change is needed then perhaps could use something about making Foxhall a cauldron of noise.....

Play on the Witches moniker a bit.

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 1

Sometimes you need to be a bit 'out there' to make an initial impact. The 'massif' tag did that for sure.

If a name change is needed then perhaps could use something about making Foxhall a cauldron of noise.....

Play on the Witches moniker a bit.

It's funny you say that, it has been mentioned about calling the area we sit, the cauldron, so it would be a cauldron of noise😉😉😉. I specifically asked someone to ask you what you' thought, being a wise and sensible one.

• Like 1

Wheres my invite?

who gave me a lift then - he looked like you and sounded like you ?? 😲

To be fair, that's not a totally unreasonable opinion at the start of this season and I doubt if Baldy is the only one whose opinion has changed so dramatically.

His progress has been absolutely amazing and he deserves a good shot at the PL.

Yes HT, at the "start" of the season as you say, those opinions MAY have been justified then. Even Mr Drury made a similar comment in the Brummies programme after Dan scored his first NL maximum.

Thank goodness some people, including Danny King, Richard Maull and CL spotted the potential some time before Danyon's introduction into the Witches 1 to 7.

Pre End of Season Dinner meeting of the Ipswich Witches Massif to be held at 8pm on Thursday 3rd November 2016 at the Belstead Arms, IP2 9QU.

All Massif Members and any other like minded speedway fans are welcome to come along.

Big night tonight, don't miss it folks

Thought I'd bring it back to life, since it had fallen off the first page

Edited by baldyman