British Speedway Forum

Still better than the headline "Panthers make the play offs " oh but there is no chance of that headline happening this season .

• Like 1

For me it is between Ben, Morten and Danny.....and for me to say Ben is a turnaround to say the least!

It's fair to say he has won me over this season.

• Like 2

So is the voting for the Massif " rider of the season " occurring on here or is it a last minute decision on Thursday?

I'll tell you guys my choice when you walk past me Thursday, I don't want anybody who looks on here thinking they are well ahead in the vote.

Problem is, it's difficult when you look at the season facts and figures.

Only a couple of riders have actually upped their averages this season whereas others have bought into the concept of the Massif big time.

For me the jury is still out.

All will be revealed in due course.

I assume Macca is only banned on here and not from Foxhall?

Edited by Super Blue
  • Like 1

I don't have a vote as I am not a part of the Massif.

However, if I did, I would need a lot of persuading to look past Danyon. He came into the side as a novice and for the first few meetings looked like he was going to fall off in every bend but he has learnt quickly and improved exponentially and has looked a very promising prospect. I know that King has been brilliant around Foxhall but away not quite so dominant, for me him and Covatti have delivered what you would expect them to. Sarjeant and Risager and to a degree Morris have probably exceeded my expectations, again primarily at home.

As a footnote, you guys have done a great job in getting some atmosphere going at Foxhall. Keep it going.

• Like 1

I don't have a vote as I am not a part of the Massif.

However, if I did, I would need a lot of persuading to look past Danyon. He came into the side as a novice and for the first few meetings looked like he was going to fall off in every bend but he has learnt quickly and improved exponentially and has looked a very promising prospect. I know that King has been brilliant around Foxhall but away not quite so dominant, for me him and Covatti have delivered what you would expect them to. Sarjeant and Risager and to a degree Morris have probably exceeded my expectations, again primarily at home.

As a footnote, you guys have done a great job in getting some atmosphere going at Foxhall. Keep it going.

Great summary JamesB but unsure why Morris gets a mention. Maybe Kerr and definitely Barker, who I am told, was the first to recognise the Massif but Morris? Also, JJ seems to get overlooked and, when you remember what Paco and Darryl were doing at the beginning of the season, JJ is a superstar.

(Note to Mods: I understand that I am a newbie on here but I can't see why it has taken 72 hours and my first Post has still not yet appeared. This is getting ridiculous now as all my Posts will be so out of date by the time they appear / if they appear.)

I haven't been to every meeting and like you, I am not a part of the Massif, but I would vote for BB or Danyon.