British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cliffeboy

Somerset V Peterborough 5.8.16

Holub is just Knopka part 2 Peterborough dont have the pull anymore to attract the better up and coming riders from the UK or overseas they get the scraps

Konopka was not the most gifted rider but he did manage to win the odd race or two can you honestly see Holub doing that.

Was it a different Presenter tonight then? Not Pete or Nigel?

Spencer I believe, who writes in the programme. He did a good job and world be great if he could mix in with Pete on a regular basis.

BWD seemed a different rider after his nasty looking fall with Ostergard. Glad both got up unhurt.

Bradders seemed to be flying in his next two races...even his bike seemed faster. He's a true racer and never gives up...glad Somerset have signed him.

Agreed - BWD had so much more speed tonight and was right 'on it'. A spell at reserve looks like it'll do him wonders.

• Like 1

Thank God the racing was good. Enjoyed the racing...but I really do expect better entertainment fella. Nothing wrong with the announcements and information during the heats and breaks, but to nothing, apart from play some abysmal music up until 7.30 is not good enough imo.

At least the bloke last week was getting in amongst the travelling fans and getting a bit of banter going. Absolute nada this week.

If you had bothered to listen, it was announced that the person doing the Centre Green had been delayed, and only got there just before the start. As for the music, again, if you had listened, it was said that someone had paid to choose the play-list tonight, so bringing additional money into the club.

Of course if you could do better out on the Centre Green, I am sure that you would be given the opportunity to show us all your prowess on the mic.........

• Like 2

Cook is just one man and one man dont make a team he will most probably miss the play offs anyway riding for Belle Vue

Konopka was not the most gifted rider but he did manage to win the odd race or two can you honestly see Holub doing that.

No hes picked up a few paid wins but hes just as bad as Konopka was

If you had bothered to listen, it was announced that the person doing the Centre Green had been delayed, and only got there just before the start. As for the music, again, if you had listened, it was said that someone had paid to choose the play-list tonight, so bringing additional money into the club.

Of course if you could do better out on the Centre Green, I am sure that you would be given the opportunity to show us all your prowess on the mic.........

I didn't hear any announcement about him being delayed...I'm not surprised...it took me two hours to drive what normally takes 45 minutes. Perhaps Somerset should maybe consider holding meetings on another night, instead of Friday's....as it's the busiest part of the M5 especially this time of year, let alone a normal working week night. It's not the first time people or Ambulances have been held up.

As for the music, I heard it announced twice that the music had been provided from some chap who worked at Yeoviton Air museum. And that the normal 'DJ' could just sit back and press a button. I thought that's what he did anyway.

As for 'Could I do better on the Centre Green'... I certainly could, public speaking is something I'm used to. However...it's not my job to do it. It's a bit like you criticising a Speedway rider, and me asking you whether you could do better. It's not our job.

I enjoy Speedway at Somerset...but I do believe they could do better when it comes to 'Entertaining' the crowd outside of the racing. Constructive criticism. I know they advertised for 'Live Acts' to perform over the holiday month...perhaps we'll see some over August.

Looked a healthy crowd last night as well :-)

Edited by Gresham
  • Like 1

Very disappointed the majority of the riders decided to jump off the truck by the pit gate,( Wright didn't even go on the truck at all), so didn't come out to meet the fans maybe many of them had another meeting tomorrow or whatever, but in my opinion another five minutes minutes would have not been that much of a problem, riders need to interact with the fans.

Bradders is always in the crowd for atleast 15 minutes after the meeting speaking to fans, signing autographs and having photos taken. Apparently last week he was even giving out his BWD stickers free to kids.

Bradders is always in the crowd for atleast 15 minutes after the meeting speaking to fans, signing autographs and having photos taken. Apparently last week he was even giving out his BWD stickers free to kids.

Exactly my point, that's exactly what riders should be doing it's all part of their job to entertain, after all the kids wait to see their favourites and are disappointed when they don't bother.