British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
poolebolton

Poole Reaction To Tai

I say well done Wolves for getting him and its great for british speedway to have the world champ riding here even if its only for a short time, it spices up the play offs and will boost crowds wherever he rides home or away. Its just a shame that Kylmakorpi had to ride against Belle Vue knowing he had been sacked and put in a unprofessional performance which cost Wolves the meeting.Don't blame him just meant Belle Vue got easy points which from a Poole perpective is a little annoying.

Totally agree with you, bit like NKI needing a rest. ;)

• Like 1

You joking, right? He obviously knew and thought stuff Wolves I am not bothering if I am being sacked. He was excellent in the SEC a couple of nights before. Clearly he knew.

Yes he clearly knew of the decision to be replaced.But cruising around half a lap behind the others wasn't the correct way to go about it.

And yet in the local press, Adams states "Ive loved working with Joonas,and would happily do so in the future".

Not so sure the rider shares the same enthusiasm though.

• Like 3

I dont think you will find that any Poole fan is bothered that Tai has signed for Wolves. Why should we be...

I think you will find that one Poole fan in particular is very bothered about it and so are many others hence you have a thread on it

Yes he clearly knew of the decision to be replaced.But cruising around half a lap behind the others wasn't the correct way to go about it.

And yet in the local press, Adams states "Ive loved working with Joonas,and would happily do so in the future".

Kylmo is keeping his options open, tweeted he'd like to be back next year.

Oh right.....

Seems he has took the decision with grace then.

With Tai coming in for Wolves which I admit is good for the sport even if Tai does not fully commit because this might get the TV viewing up a bit!

That won't do anything for our sport

What is needed is more bums on seats at the track, not in the living room

And I'm not sure, in this age, that the return of the World Champion will put many bums on seats

Why? Because of TV

There's no "mystique" anymore - you can see Tai on TV, week in, week out, almost

Back in the day, "Norwich are here on Saturday - great, a chance to see Ove Fundin"

Or Belle Vue/Peter Craven

They were draw cards, and if you didn't attend the track, you didn't see them

TV, and the way it's been misused, has ruined UK speedway

Thanks, Ole Olsen & Co

That won't do anything for our sport

What is needed is more bums on seats at the track, not in the living room

And I'm not sure, in this age, that the return of the World Champion will put many bums on seats

Why? Because of TV

There's no "mystique" anymore - you can see Tai on TV, week in, week out, almost

Back in the day, "Norwich are here on Saturday - great, a chance to see Ove Fundin"

Or Belle Vue/Peter Craven

They were draw cards, and if you didn't attend the track, you didn't see them

TV, and the way it's been misused, has ruined UK speedway

Thanks, Ole Olsen & Co

You're right, no sport can do well with such regular tv exposure.

It's far too easy now to get your speedway fix in your living room or down the pub

A weekly magazine programme with some highlights and details of fixtures to come - yes

But Elite/Premier and Swedish Leagues, SEC, SGP, SWC - it's far too much coverage

The draw of going to the track and seeing live speedway is not there in the way it used to be, the way it should be

• Like 1

BWitcher beat me to it.

Both parties acting professionally.

BWitcher beat me to it.

Both parties acting professionally.

Yep. Really professional tootling around at the back to gift Belle Vue a victory.

Yep. Really professional tootling around at the back to gift Belle Vue a victory.

Ahh Bless

For Wolves or like to be back in the UK next year?

I'm referring to the public releases.

I've had seasons of watching KK pootling round to know what unprofessional looks like.

But in response I agree Joonas gave the game away with his performance.

For Wolves or like to be back in the UK next year?

The tweet said to be back with Wolves.