British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

Yet again it's a matter opinion that he respresents Great Britain well as we seen by the many comments this topic .. to me .he spends most of his times these not trying to represent Great Britain these ..but as said it's all opinions

There's no way you could have seen the world cup.

I cannot believe this is still going.. lol

hahaha I know.

I'm ending my involvement in this topic now as some refuse to accept the facts so it's a waste of time posting any further.

• Like 1

I'm ending my involvement in this topic now as some refuse to accept the facts so it's a waste of time posting any further.

yep completely agree..

i stopped a while back when a couple of fools accused me and chris4gillian of being the same people.

Its quite sad that its the same couple of people banging on about Tai trying desperatly to prove a point that just isnt there.

Whats funnier is that some of them still believe Tai snubbed the British Final!!!! To dense to even read up on things.

Oh well when the other gp boys leave the elite league, Holder , Zagar, Iversen then they may get into their little heads that none of the gp boys want to ride over here

The person to blame for that is Woffinden in all honesty, if his statements were more definitive there wouldn’t be the need for it to be going.

That and those who tend to defend him generally make up a load of gibberish and attempt to position it as “fact” or drag weirdly mention other riders as if it somehow justifies the actions of Woffinden.

Please read what I wrote couple of pages back.

Please read what I wrote couple of pages back.

Even as someone that quite likes Woffinden I find a lot of your post to be whatabouttery in all honesty.

His charity work is admirable, but it is charity work, something he has chosen to do of his own volition – it doesn’t link or connect to this particular decision, attempting to position it in a way that it does is just as loathsome as Robert72 using it in the opposite direction IMO. Charity work should be put to one side and judged and assessed in isolation for what it is, as I say, admirable - it isn’t a way of scoring brownie points to win/loose other debates, they aren’t binary things.

The idea that people think Woffindens actions haven’t irked fans and should be ignored is nonsensical and to state his actions might be a way of winding up those who have a dig at him does him no favours (and shouldn’t be said on his behalf without genuine reasons).

I like him, I am a fan but to be honest I can see why singing the anthem of other countries, walking away from the National Team and leaving a trail of moonbeams and mystical tweets sort of grinds. People are allowed to talk about these things, to continually dismiss that and attempt to stamp on those who do does come across slightly sycophantic and handwringerish….more so when it is being said on a forum where the entire basis of it is literally to discuss things.

And the general reason people talk about it and are p*ssed off by it is because people care more about Team GB than they do Woffinden, and there hasn’t been tangible or logical reasons for people to change that stance based on this decision - which has led to the frustration and feeling that Woffinden has turned his back on them (the fans) and not the BSPA as some are trying to portray, and that is for the most part down to really poor public relations.

Edited by The Mockingjay
  • Like 4

I will admit I'm a fan and therefore stick up for him, but I still say the good outweighs the bad. As a fan all I want to see is him perform well. Him not riding in the BF final and sending out a few silly Tweets is far less annoying then when I used to watch (or even worse spend good money going to) GPs/World Cups and see the GB boys running terrible score after terrible score and blaming set up, track conditions, the weather, the time of the month or whatever else they could on another dismal performance...

Anyway I will resist from commenting any more on the subject..

Edited by RPNYC

Probably because he is the best Speedway Rider THIS COUNTRY has produced in many years.

Better than Loram, Jessup, Lee, Carter, Collins, Craven, and others before my time??

He may have far better machinery at his disposal, but I doubt he's half the RIDER those named above were, or even others such as Wigg, Tatum, John Louis, both Boococks . . .

Edited by Midland Red

Better than Loram, Jessup, Lee, Carter, Collins, Craven, and others before my time??

He may have far better machinery at his disposal, but I doubt he's half the RIDER those named above were, or even others such as Wigg, Tatum, John Louis, both Boococks . . .

He didnt say the best this country has ever produced but the best this country has produced. To say he isnt half the rider is a strange comment. Only Craven has won similar world crowns and Tai isnt finished yet

He deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as the riders you have listed, and yes he is better than Wigg and Tatum and Louis.

The person to blame for that is Woffinden in all honesty, if his statements were more definitive there wouldnt be the need for it to be going.

That and those who tend to defend him generally make up a load of gibberish and attempt to position it as fact or drag weirdly mention other riders as if it somehow justifies the actions of Woffinden.

Most of the people i know in speedway all like Tai, there are a few on here who dont SO WHAT i am sure he wont loose any sleep over it.He has made mistakes but the people who knock him i believe Tai thinks they are not worth worrying about and i tend to agree with him. Edited by Sidney the robin

Most of the people i know in speedway all like Tai, there are a few on here who dont SO WHAT i am sure he wont loose any sleep over it.He has made mistakes but the people who knock him i believe Tai thinks they are not worth worrying about and i tend to agree with him.

Run along Sidney.

Run along Sidney.

Can you not debate or are you a child? Gresham mugged you off yesterday for fun loved it P..... myself !!!. ✌️✌Mug of the highest order.
  • Like 1

I will admit I'm a fan and therefore stick up for him, but I still say the good outweighs the bad. As a fan all I want to see is him perform well. Him not riding in the BF final and sending out a few silly Tweets is far less annoying then when I used to watch (or even worse spend good money going to) GPs/World Cups and see the GB boys running terrible score after terrible score and blaming set up, track conditions, the weather, the time of the month or whatever else they could on another dismal performance...

Anyway I will resist from commenting any more on the subject..

The problem is, Tai Woffinden is only 25 and its really all come to an end in Britain. Understandably there is no chance of a return for a full Elite League season , the British Final has been ditched this year, the World Cup has been binned now and I wouldn't hang your hat on the training schools either. Our best rider in the modern era has essentially and gradually ' checked out of Britain '. Yes there will be one appearance at Cardiff every year, but as a British fan its crumbs off the table..

I can't get my head round the fact that posters on here who are British speedway fans (the White Knight) recently are precisely not bothered about Britain's best rider not riding for GB in the World Cup , even more galling is he wont give the fans that support him any genuine reason why . People seem excited and comfortable with the stark fact that Britain's multi World Champion's only input into British speedway is wearing a Union Jack race jacket in the GP.. Whats the point of having a World Champion we never see ?