British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Redcar Vs Ipswich Thursday 25th August

Well if the Witches really want to make it to the play the have to win this and make sure its a big fat 4 points , anything less and the slim outside chance of the plays will have to wait for another year .

Below taken from the Witches Website

The 'Tru7.com' Witches take the long trip to Redcar on Thursday to face the Bears in another crucial Premier League fixture (7.30pm).

The Witches sit just outside the play-off spots at present and need results to go their way in the remainder of the season whilst completing their own fixtures with a near perfect record. The Foxhall form has been in no doubt over the past two months and whilst the away form has improved, the northern tour did not produce the desired points target leaving the Suffolk side up against it to make the play-offs.

A win at Redcar has been targeted by Chris Louis and Ritchie Hawkins and the Witches head north full of confidence after another crushing victory at Foxhall last week against the Comets.

The Bears have endured a tough season battling at the bottom end of the table and are out of the play-off picture with just pride to race for. Former Witch Lasse Bjerre rides at five for the Bears who are led by David Bellego. The Witches have a good record at Redcar losing just one of their last five meetings and they will need to be at their best again on Thursday to take the required four points and keep them in the play-off hunt.

Director of Speedway Chris Louis knows that the Witches must come away with a win on Thursday.

"We know realistically we've got to get four points and it's a track we've got a good record at although they (Redcar) have in the last few months picked up their home form," said Louis. "I think we've got a team more than capable of grabbing all the points from it and they know they have to."

The Witches have a good record at Redcar but Louis couldn't put his finger on why teams have good records at certain tracks despite numerous team changes every season.

"I don't know, if you always went back with the same team you could always say well this team like this track but we often don't! The reason I say it is it's a racers track and it's quite fast for its size and usually has a bit of dirt on it. We have a team of racers so I feel we have every chance of claiming four points and continuing the dream of making the play-offs."

Louis believes it is a track that may suit Danyon Hume after his confidence boosting performance last week and his experience at Glasgow.

"He had a real confidence boosting night on Thursday against Workington and I think Redcar has similarities to Glasgow. In his last ride there he looked quite competitive so I think that coupled with the confidence he picked up on Thursday he can hopefully be in a position to pick up a couple of points."

Redcar 'SG Petch' Bears:

1. David Bellego © 7.33

2. Tobias Busch 7.00

3. Hugh Skidmore 6.72

4. Jonas B Andersen 6.02

5. Lasse Bjerre 6.86

6. Tye Etheridge 5.00

7. Lee Payne 3.40

Team Manager: Jitendra Duffill

Ipswich 'Tru7.com' Witches:

1. Danny King © 8.86

2. James Sarjeant 5.13

3. Nico Covatti 7.52

4. Morten Risager 6.73

5. Ben Barker 7.42

6. Joe Jacobs 4.07

7. Danyon Hume 3.00

Team Manager: Ritchie Hawkins

This one really is the last chance. Win it or bust. And let's hope Newcastle beat the panthers on Friday.

• Like 1

"... I think Redcar has similarities to Glasgow..." ...high unemployment, urban decay, population decline, welfare dependency and poor health? ;)

• Like 1

"... I think Redcar has similarities to Glasgow..." ...high unemployment, urban decay, population decline, welfare dependency and poor health? ;)

Aye but we have a big green tractor with 300,000 miles on the clock and we have only had it a month.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 6

Aye but we have a big green tractor with 300,000 miles on the clock and weve only had it a month.

you mean hours worked . tractors dont do miles, just hours worked .

• Like 1

Err - "a team of racers"?

Who's that at number 4?

• Like 1

you mean hours worked . tractors dont do miles, just hours worked .

Believe me ours certainly puts the miles in you should come one Sunday to witness it.

You would probably do less miles travelling up than what our tractor driver manages grading.

Edited by Gazc

Err - "a team of racers"?

Who's that at number 4?

isnt the saying 'the exception to prove the rule'

Although Mortens outside sweeps at Foxhall are memorable when he pulls them off....

(there are usually 2 or 3 a season)

• Like 1

Must have missed those!

mustve been like the old kit kat panda advert....
  • Like 1

Aye but we have a big green tractor with 300,000 miles on the clock and we have only had it a month.

...and a good sense of humour :-)

Believe me ours certainly puts the miles in you should come one Sunday to witness it.

You would probably do less miles travelling up than what our tractor driver manages grading.

Thursday's excepted. when he obviously knocks off at 19:30

Well I'd like to think the Witches will put the effort in and get a result here but with this one being a meeting between two of the leagues also rans it could prove to be a nothing match.

If only for a better start to our league campaign and it might have really meant something on Thursday.

Edited by Super Blue

Bears lack of strength at reserve may give Ipswich a narrow win

• Like 1