Rye House 2017

A more typical Rye team will be

Kennett

Robson

NBJ

Mellgren

Lykke

Boxall

3 pointer or if no 3 pointer rule Morley and 1 of 3 above replaced by Branford!

• Like 2

A more typical Rye team will be

Kennett

Robson

NBJ

Mellgren

Lykke

Boxall

3 pointer or if no 3 pointer rule Morley and 1 of 3 above replaced by Branford!

Yep a very typical Rockets team and one that would bring the same success as previous years.....none.

Don't forget the new promotion don't have Lens loyalties (misguided or otherwise) along with his contacts book so would probably sign the wrong Mellgren.

NBJ...Unless he drops his pre season set up demands he won't be back at Rye

As in sorting out a van/flights/accomidation if required/ other fringe benefits?

Is this what you mean?

As in sorting out a van/flights/accomidation if required/ other fringe benefits?

Is this what you mean?

The package that he asked for was significantly higher than the figure asked for by Edward Kennett. Given that NBJ was likely to be third heat leader if was viewed excessive.

Given the state of speedway in this country and the crowd levels at Rye House it would have been suicidal for the Promotion to agree. Like it or not British and Australians are a far better bet given that they are based here rather than Danes Swedes and Poles who are constantly flying in and out

• Like 3

1. Edward Kennett 9.27

2. Rob Branford 4.60

3. Charlie Gjedde 9.22

4. Kasper Lykke Nielsen 5.16 or Cameron Heeps 5.07

5. Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen 6.98

6. Ben Morley 3.85

7. 3.00

lol, this is an awful team but I just want to see Gjedde back in the uk

Yep a very typical Rockets team and one that would bring the same success as previous years.....none.

Don't forget the new promotion don't have Lens loyalties (misguided or otherwise) along with his contacts book so would probably sign the wrong Mellgren.

I'd not go anywhere near Anders anyway, shame as he was really kicking on then had a bad injury. Never been the same rider since.

The package that he asked for was significantly higher than the figure asked for by Edward Kennett. Given that NBJ was likely to be third heat leader if was viewed excessive.

Given the state of speedway in this country and the crowd levels at Rye House it would have been suicidal for the Promotion to agree. Like it or not British and Australians are a far better bet given that they are based here rather than Danes Swedes and Poles who are constantly flying in and out

Hopefully the promotion will do the necessary paperwork so we can employ Aussies again. Especially with Jack Holder likely to be available, should be going all out to sign a rider like that.

1. Edward Kennett 9.27

2. Rob Branford 4.60

3. Charlie Gjedde 9.22

4. Kasper Lykke Nielsen 5.16 or Cameron Heeps 5.07

5. Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen 6.98

6. Ben Morley 3.85

7. 3.00

lol, this is an awful team but I just want to see Gjedde back in the uk

No thanks, have him at Newcastle.

I'd not go anywhere near Anders anyway, shame as he was really kicking on then had a bad injury. Never been the same rider since.

Hopefully the promotion will do the necessary paperwork so we can employ Aussies again. Especially with Jack Holder likely to be available, should be going all out to sign a rider like that.

No thanks, have him at Newcastle.

Nahhh :P Rather watch him for somebody else, as much as I like him

Nahhh :P Rather watch him for somebody else, as much as I like him

Chances are he'd be dropped, quit, or be injured before he pitched up at Newcastle

Edited by Shads

Chances are he'd be dropped, quit, or be injured before he pitched up at Newcastle

Well getting dropped isn't necessarily his fault, I'm sure he doesn't WANT to be injured, and lets just hope no riders get injured, and speedway's a sport that if you don't feel right doing, or if you don't feel right in the situation you're in, you SHOULD quit

Well getting dropped isn't necessarily his fault, I'm sure he doesn't WANT to be injured, and lets just hope no riders get injured, and speedway's a sport that if you don't feel right doing, or if you don't feel right in the situation you're in, you SHOULD quit

He wasn't sacked this year, he walked away as far as I know.

Rye house el league next year no raiders i reckon imo lost money last yr

Big bmr sponsor taking on all costs,people dont realise how big they really are.

Six figure sum no probs

I still think pl racing is better imo

He wasn't sacked this year, he walked away as far as I know.

I know, and that applies to the last part of my comment :) "or if you don't feel right in the situation you're in, you SHOULD quit" I have no problem with any riders quitting at anytime tbh, it's their life on the line at the end of the day, literally :( And whether that's because they feel unsafe, or they're not getting the money, it's the same thing, we all need to make a living somehow

Rye house el league next year no raiders i reckon imo lost money last yr

Big bmr sponsor taking on all costs,people dont realise how big they really are.

Six figure sum no probs

I still think pl racing is better imo

How true is this comment? I never knew Rye House were going to be backed, them people should take over the league and look after all the teams :P Bring back Plymouth and other teams that have gone bust throughout the years, we need big people to take an interest in out unique sport

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 1

Mr Sandhu, Rick Frost, The Invisible guy at Lakeside, John Posselwhaite at Reading, gosh even Steve Ribbons (bigger pockets than most of us) all driven out of the sport by a small group of self interested promoters who can then enact their self interested needs.

Ever decreasing circles.

• Like 1

With Lakeside announcing their intention not to run in the EL in 2017, did the stories circulating at Hoddesdon in August have some basis then?

• Like 1

Even Jon Cook reckons Rye are going Elite