British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies V Kent Wed 7th Sep Ko Cup Semi Final 1st Leg

Hoping to do both meetings and really looking forward to watching the classy NL riders on show from both clubs.

Safe journeys and meeting to all. I really will try and make Heat 1 tonight but how the heck do you get into that damn car park? I guess you have to turn off a turning before and then come up the one way system in the left hand lane, but biggered if I can get that right yet, lol.

Guess there are no weather gremlins on the horizon?

Come On Danyon!

Oh well let's give the cup to Kent now :cry:

Unbelievable comment!

Ellis Perks is in the form of his life, 43 points in 7 days from three away meetings Kent, IOW & Mildenhall.

With Zach's average dropping you could well find Perks strengthens the side, and Smith will no doubt take one of Blackburns rides. Birmingham are still favourites.

Guest GiveusaB

Looking forward to some good racing, regardless of who wins....I cant seem to get carried away with 'thumping' the oppositon week in week out?

Give us a 'B'!!!

Hoping to do both meetings and really looking forward to watching the classy NL riders on show from both clubs.

Safe journeys and meeting to all. I really will try and make Heat 1 tonight but how the heck do you get into that damn car park? I guess you have to turn off a turning before and then come up the one way system in the left hand lane, but biggered if I can get that right yet, lol.

Guess there are no weather gremlins on the horizon?

Come On Danyon!

Weather fine - so don't think you have any worries there. Which direction are you coming from? If motorway (M6 J7) follow A34 stay in left hand lane so you don't go over the fly over - sweep round to the left and car park entrance on the left. If coming from direction of city centre make sure you come off flyover/underpasses route before Perry Barr, you need to go straight over at Perry Barr roundabout - stay in right hand lane, following road underneath the flyover, then bear left - car park entrance on the left. Hope that makes sense!

• Like 1

Weather fine - so don't think you have any worries there. Which direction are you coming from? If motorway (M6 J7) follow A34 stay in left hand lane so you don't go over the fly over - sweep round to the left and car park entrance on the left. If coming from direction of city centre make sure you come off flyover/underpasses route before Perry Barr, you need to go straight over at Perry Barr roundabout - stay in right hand lane, following road underneath the flyover, then bear left - car park entrance on the left. Hope that makes sense!

Brilliant thank you. From Ipswich so off the M6 and in via the Aston Freeway or whatever its called. Free to put cones wherever you like the last fortnight. Took me 45 minutes just to get on the M6 proper last Thursday an my way to Sheffield v Rye House..... Never had much luck with the traffic flow around Birmingham

Brilliant thank you. From Ipswich so off the M6 and in via the Aston Freeway or whatever its called. Free to put cones wherever you like the last fortnight. Took me 45 minutes just to get on the M6 proper last Thursday an my way to Sheffield v Rye House..... Never had much luck with the traffic flow around Birmingham

Simpler to carry on to Junction 7 (Great Barr) exiting onto A34 Walsall Rd towards Birmingham IMHO. Good luck in getting there on time!
  • Like 1

Simpler to carry on to Junction 7 (Great Barr) exiting onto A34 Walsall Rd towards Birmingham IMHO. Good luck in getting there on time!

As Kitten2502 has said, avoid coming off Spaghetti Junction onto the Aston Distressway at all costs and go to Junction 7. It is a couple of miles further but several minutes quicker. Crazy but true.

Ellis Perks is in the form of his life, 43 points in 7 days

Sadly it's been our experience that no matter how well a rider performs elsewhere, there's a jinx on them guesting for Birmingham. Only twice (3 times possibly?) have we had a true #1 performance from our guest for ZW.

• Like 1

Unbelievable comment!

Ellis Perks is in the form of his life, 43 points in 7 days from three away meetings Kent, IOW & Mildenhall.

With Zach's average dropping you could well find Perks strengthens the side, and Smith will no doubt take one of Blackburns rides. Birmingham are still favourites.

I've only missed one Brummies match all season so i can say what i like on a public forum thank you---losing JPB and not knowing if Darryl is riding yet tips the balance--in my unbelievable opinion that it!

Does this make you a better supporter than me? Well it seems to in your eyes.

Having said all that. I really hope that you have a good time there and do me a favour and give a Brummie war cry for me.It only seems so in your

It only seems so in your eyes to me--don't presume so much about me.

Well now you can add another 5 points to that tally... yipee do dah.

• Like 1

Decent contest, good to have a nice close result for a change. For me the tie is evenly balanced going into the second leg, Kent will be happy to only have conceded a 10 point deficit. Whilst we have a handy lead bearing in mind we have won there this year.

We came back quite good in the end after Kent started fairly well. I honestly thought we screwed up with the track prep, seemed to be over watered which caught the riders out in the early stages. Very impressive from Bacon again, and Perry had 3 great wins towards the end.

They had 3 quality NL riders in Bowen,Ayres and Shanes. As expected all 3 were on the money, but their reserves were poor for the averages they hold. I often wonder why James Shanes doesn't ride in the Premier league, he would be in his element at a track like Peterborough being the racer he is, is it purely because of all of his grass tracking?. Hes one rider I would love in a 2017 Brummies NL side.

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 1

Decent contest, good to have a nice close result for a change. For me the tie is evenly balanced going into the second leg, Kent will be happy to only have conceded a 10 point deficit. Whilst we have a handy lead bearing in mind we have won there this year.

We came back quite good in the end after Kent started fairly well. I honestly thought we screwed up with the track prep, seemed to be over watered which caught the riders out in the early stages. Very impressive from Bacon again, and Perry had 3 great wins towards the end.

They had 3 quality NL riders in Bowen,Ayres and Shanes. As expected all 3 were on the money, but their reserves were poor for the averages they hold. I often wonder why James Shanes doesn't ride in the Premier league, he would be in his element at a track like Peterborough being the racer he is, is it purely because of all of his grass tracking?. Hes one rider I would love in a 2017 Brummies NL side.

Totally agree Kev about Shanes, he was brilliant round the wide open spaces of Belle Vue too.

Looking forward to watching Tom Bacon again guesting for Buxton on Friday night too, not to mention Jack Smith for the Colts.

Back on topic, how did Jack Thomas get on tonight?

• Like 2

Totally agree Kev about Shanes, he was brilliant round the wide open spaces of Belle Vue too.

Looking forward to watching Tom Bacon again guesting for Buxton on Friday night too, not to mention Jack Smith for the Colts.

Back on topic, how did Jack Thomas get on tonight?

Next week is the British Under 19 final and it should be interesting to see how Shanes gets on against Bewley and Clegg. If theres a bit of dirt down and the outside is working like tonight, I honestly wouldnt rule him out beating them both.

I thought Jack Thomas would have done better, he was impressive earlier in the season at reserve here and in the second match he held his own in the main body. Seemed to struggle tonight

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 2

I've only missed one Brummies match all season so i can say what i like on a public forum thank you---losing JPB and not knowing if Darryl is riding yet tips the balance--in my unbelievable opinion that it!

It only seems so in your eyes to me--don't presume so much about me.

I am not really sure what your problem is and I apologise if I have upset you.

Really all I have done is offer the opinion that I hoped the riders did not throw in towel as quickly as you seemed to have done. After all you did offer that we might as well give the tie to kent now.

You seem to be offering the opinion that because you have been lucky enough to attend all away matches this in some way entitles you to have an opinion over others.

I quote: -

"

I've only missed one Brummies match all season so i can say what i like on a public forum thank you---losing JPB and not knowing if Darryl is riding yet tips the balance--in my unbelievable opinion that it!"

Yes you CAN say what you want on a public forum but it also follows that such posts can be criticised by others, including me, and how many matches I, or others, have attended (And I have attended a lot) is neither here or there. However I seem to have upset you and I have no wish to do so, so I will conclude my participation on this thread and put my head back behind the parapet.

Sincerely have a nice day.