British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies V Kent Wed 7th Sep Ko Cup Semi Final 1st Leg

Guest GiveusaB

Guitar Art....I think your sparring partner must have a touch of PMT ? :lol:

Fair to say the track won't suffer from a lack of water tonight....

It didn't need doing twice :lol:

• Like 1

Second leg nicely poised , both sides pretty happy i would think

Do not agree.

Kent have to beat Brum by 10 odd points.

Brum have WON twice at Central Park already.

So Kings will have to improve by 12-15 points from those meetings.

Cannot see it.

Love to be proved wrong. :D

Apologies that this is a lengthy Post:

I just love the humour and the banter on the Brummies Threads. Since I have been following Danyon, it has been a pleasure being at NL meetings and talking with proper speedway people (then I haven't been to Eastbourne yet, lol, sorry Eagles followers).

Actually saw Heat 1 last night, and then wondered why as you needed a speed boat, not a speedway bike for the opening heats. Caught Dan out good and proper, but he got up and... well, not dusted himself down, more squeezed out his racesuit and bounced back with two cracking wins over the mighty Danny Ayres, the first a very brave drive around the outside which, imo, then swung the momentum a bit. (Dan now facing five meetings in six days, having picked up a Guest booking with Stoke on Saturday.)

Even though some of the heats ended up reasonably spaced out last night, what an enjoyable meeting that was. The Kent HLs are as good a measure of NL top standard as any and for some of the Brummie lads to top them shows how far they have progressed and what talent they have. I love Danny Ayres and he was good, strong and very fair last night. Luke Bowen fast from the gate and James Shanes was, well, outstanding after he got the measure of the track after his first ride and only a bit of an injury forced him to stand down from Heat 15, protecting himself sensibly for future outings. I spoke with him afterwards and what a fantastic young lad he is. Gee, there is a good crop of very pleasant and talented British (English?) speedway riders around at the moment. Well done them and well done the NL.

And finally, thank you to kitten2502 and uk martin, how I wished I asked about J7 / J8 before. So, so much easier as the Aston Expressway is anything but at the moment, and whomever makes cones must be a billionaire. But, of course, I followed my satnav out of Perry Barr last night and..... the Junction I was directed to was closed, so I spent a few minutes of my life following the Diversion signs to the motorway. Back by 1:15 am though, so all good and another hugely enjoyable visit to PB. Thanks for making me so welcome.

All set up nicely for a cracker on Monday. Lets hope the weather plays fair. I can sense a whiff of controversy coming up...

• Like 3

Glad to have been some help in getting you there for Heat 1 Macca56 ☺

Thanks again. It was becoming a standing joke...