British Speedway Forum
poolebolton

2017 Potential Signings

By club next season I guess it's

BV=Zagar

Swindon= Doyle

Lakeside=AJ

Coventry=??? Probs no KK. Emil? Harris? Hans?

Leicester=??? Who knows? Chris holder Hahahahe. Anyone pretty much

Poole=??? No holder we think. So KK or Magic or both I think Matt goes big.

Kings Lynn=NKI hopefully

Wolves=Lingren maybe Tai not racing for Vetlanda next year.

Who knows though it's all a mystery.

I think you can delete that question mark against Hans as the feeling is mutual regarding him ~ we don't want him and he doesn't want us so I very much doubt he would ever be in a Coventry team again. I reckon you can also drop Leicester from your list because if they open next year I can't see them riding in the Elite League.

Holder will be riding in the UK next year!!

Yes, I agree. It will be in July in Wales. :lol:

I notice it is 'Holder will be riding in the UK next year' not 'Holder will be at Poole next year' ! 😌

In pass couple of years I have assumed that if holder does not ride for Poole they he will ride for Swindon. Would that happen this year with Doyle there. Where would Holder go?

The Lions won't remain in the Elite League next season. They continue to advocate holding meetings on a Saturday is "best" for them, which it may well be. But as stated many times before, this severely limits the choice of top flight riders. Leicester will be replaced by Glasgow, a club with ambition and more importantly money to spend.

The Lions won't remain in the Elite League next season. They continue to advocate holding meetings on a Saturday is "best" for them, which it may well be. But as stated many times before, this severely limits the choice of top flight riders. Leicester will be replaced by Glasgow, a club with ambition and more importantly money to spend.

...Who would need to change their race "night" to during the week - which would have an impact on crowds!

Edited by Steve0

A hard winter for promoters and squeaky bum time for a lot of riders. Some have stood still, some have gone seriously backwards. I hope KK stays with the Bees, his signing was a surprise and a gamble but it paid off but it wouldn't surprise me if he was at poole either. With KK, King and Harris its not a bad top 3 compared to what else is around. Batch, Schlien, Watt are riders who could do a job on there low average or could as easily struggle further and its egg on the face of the man brave enough to gamble. I wouldn't be too surprised if maybe Nicholls was to go to Wolves, it would be good for both as he has struggled at the new stadium and he goes so well round the wolves track.

Be as hard a winter as ever to second guess what's going to happen.

In pass couple of years I have assumed that if holder does not ride for Poole they he will ride for Swindon. Would that happen this year with Doyle there. Where would Holder go?

BV

A hard winter for promoters and squeaky bum time for a lot of riders. Some have stood still, some have gone seriously backwards. I hope KK stays with the Bees,

Doubt it...

Starman I think that's actually a brilliant idea for BV. They could get holder on a big track which he likes and they could get Zagar as well if they wanted him or Zagar to Coventry perhaps. Some big riders not going to be in GP next year.

BV

Doubt it...

The only way CH would ride for BV is if MF's twin brother was to become the promoter at BV,and as MF does not have a twin, there you have the answer.

Just one team from the PL moving up ? Still think there could be another moving up if its a fixed race night next season eg Wed/Thurs as it could limit there choice of riders for the season .

If all 4 main speedway nations could agree to the nights they race then it could look like this.

Tues..............Sweden

Wednesday....Denmark

Thursday........Poland

Friday.............UK

Sunday...........SGP

If all 4 main speedway nations could agree to the nights they race then it could look like this.

Tues..............Sweden

Wednesday....Denmark

Thursday........Poland

Friday.............UK

Sunday...........SGP

Don't think Poole can ride on Fridays. The last time I looked the greyhounds were Friday, Saturday and Sunday (unless the days have been changed again!)

Starman I think that's actually a brilliant idea for BV. They could get holder on a big track which he likes and they could get Zagar as well if they wanted him or Zagar to Coventry perhaps. Some big riders not going to be in GP next year.

I also thought about Zagar moving to Coventry next year if he doesn't continue at BV.