British Speedway Forum
poolebolton

2017 Potential Signings

Holder MIGHT be a good choice for BV, certainly they need to improve at the top end next season. I can't see him staying at Poole. Nicholls will go I presume and Zagar as well probably. I'd presume manchester is quite an attractive location for riders to fly in to.

Next years elite could easily feature the world champ and 3 of the top five in the world. Poole must be guaranteed an overhaul and I think that will start with a new #1. Holder, understandably, looks tired and seems to lack enthusiasm.

Plus I don't know who'll join the EL but wager and hope it ain't Glasgow. We'd be also rans I'm afraid.

The only way CH would ride for BV is if MF's twin brother was to become the promoter at BV,and as MF does not have a twin, there you have the answer.

Why does MF need a twin brother, why cant he run it himself:)

Zagar will be at BV next season imo.

Chris holder has been Poole through and through snce before he could walk. He has a pirates duvet.His walls are plastered with pictures of Ford and Middlo. If anyone hands him a Belle Vue pen when he's signing autographs he snaps it and refuses to sign. His wife bought him a Stone Roses ticket and he refused to go because they are 'Manc Vue b******'. He has a tatoo of Matt ford's crombie on his left ankle and a locket with a picture of Starman that he wears for good luck.

OK?

Some big riders not going to be in GP next year.

Who are you thinking of? I suspect only killer bomber and aj from this season will not be in next year's gp.

Don't think Poole can ride on Fridays. The last time I looked the greyhounds were Friday, Saturday and Sunday (unless the days have been changed again!)

And there lies the problem in British speedway, "just an example" If we were to go down the road of 1 night per week, then would it be fair on the promotions who own/rent/lease or don't share with greyhounds, to have to accommodate the tracks who can only race when the greyhounds are not,

If we do finally get the one race night per week, then it has to suit all parties.

Chris holder has been Poole through and through snce before he could walk. He has a pirates duvet.His walls are plastered with pictures of Ford and Middlo. If anyone hands him a Belle Vue pen when he's signing autographs he snaps it and refuses to sign. His wife bought him a Stone Roses ticket and he refused to go because they are 'Manc Vue b******'. He has a tatoo of Matt ford's crombie on his left ankle and a locket with a picture of Starman that he wears for good luck.

OK?

OK?

He may be Poole through and through but we have a new Holder in town. Most likely Holder won't ride for BV, but if he does leave then BV is a good option. Then Zagar to Coventry would be a good option. Belle Vue might attract some big riders. But Poole next season will be a big change. Can see Kurtz and Ellis staying and that's it. Newman will be replaced by starke. Newman could be a big signing for someone gives his all and is getting back to some good form.

Dump that clutch if you got that would be worth the admission alone would they go well around your new track as its going to be smaller than the current one i understand

• Like 1

He may be Poole through and through but we have a new Holder in town. Most likely Holder won't ride for BV, but if he does leave then BV is a good option. Then Zagar to Coventry would be a good option. Belle Vue might attract some big riders. But Poole next season will be a big change. Can see Kurtz and Ellis staying and that's it. Newman will be replaced by starke. Newman could be a big signing for someone gives his all and is getting back to some good form.

I have heard, that when Chris Holder had his big operations, when the surgeons cut into him, his body had Poole running through it like seaside rock!!

Thought what Tatum said last night was quite telling - yes it is part of his job trying to get the product over etc but there will be a rider community appeal re racing for Belle Vue.

You get a club that pays on time, is a good base and affords a short working week as such due to race night you have loads of upside, throw in what riders will see as a safe track that gives them the chance to race safely, there are plenty reasons why it would appeal to riders.

Well looks like lakeside will be looking for a new no1

next season as looks to me by the comments on the website

that the management are not to happy that aj has give all his

equipment back to his sponsors hagon and handed his kelvars

back. Be a shame if so as I like aj and there is nothing better

than seeing him bomb round the outside at the raceway.

Back to this year any thoughts who could be lined up in

the 7 day transfer window if we make the playoffs?.

AJ was wanted by Poole but Lakeside has first go at him because of asset. KK and AJ for Poole next year bit of experience mixed with the youth of Kurtz and J Holder. I doubt this would happen but would make for an interesting team.

AJ would be at Coventry before us surely? Unless there was falling out somewhere?

AJ's loyalty to Lakeside is commendable and given that he is a Bees asset just goes to show he will do whatever is right for him.

Still find it odd he chooses Lakeside over his parent club but get that he has ties there.

Would be a good signing for the stars. Holder loves the bigger tracks AKA Torun. I think he would love to ride the Flux Arena on a daily basis.