British Speedway Forum
Cliffeboy

Somerset V Sheffield Lc Semi 9.9.16.

Cant see anything for this so here we are. Rebels to win I think judging by the Tigers collapse last night at Ippo. Looks like Garrity is still not 100% , so looks like it will be up to Stead and Howarth to carry the flag. Rebels have Ritchings in for Zach anything he can score will be a bonus, Rebels been pretty much a six man team since Zach got injured. A 15 point win should do it imo.

20-25 point win I reckon.

Especially with garrity out and no jokers.

20-25 point win I reckon.

Especially with garrity out and no jokers.

We all know where the jokers are tonight !

Planning to come down for this but it has started raining in Gloucester. What is the weather like down by the track?

What's wrong with Garrity?

Came off last night and aggravated his wrist injury.

Came off last night and aggravated his wrist injury.

That should have been good news for Sheffield really as he is awful at Somerset. 6+1 from the R/R is better than what he would have got!

Asked for 15 and got 18, so happy, great stuff once again for all the guys, at least a paid win again for the all top 6.

• Like 2

Cracking meeting...thought Sheffield were going to spring a surprise early on.

What the hell was heat 15 all about? Ridiculous decision by the referee to exclude Tungate. All three of them were gardening at the gate, Tungate probably the last of the 3 to get settled though. When the ref put the red light on for 2 mins up, all three were still gardening, both Sheffield riders saw the red light come on and moved to the tapes...Tungate didn't see it as quick and was probably a second behind them. Very pedantic by the ref imo.

Thouht Tungate was gonna rip the stat marshals head off after heat 15...very unhappy bunny.

Sheffield put up a really strong performance...surprised they aren't higher up the league.

Another meeting packed with exciting racing. Sheffield contributed with plenty of effort and were a shade unlucky to concede and 18 point deficit.

Thankfully the rain that circled the south west held off long enough for the meeting to be completed before an almighty downpour occurred an hour later.

Once again a small loyal band of Tiger's fans were there in support on the third bend and certainly the first 7 or 8 heats kept them interested and well in the tie.

For the Rebels, Josh looked in superb form and partnered by a very fast Jake Allen, they formed a prolific partnership.

Tungate continued his impressive form around the OTA and BWD seemed to have regained the speed that was lacking earlier in the season. Starke and Wright were a worry early on until a switch of bikes changed their fortunes.

Howarth, Stead, Berge and to a lesser extent Sissis were value for money throughout with some determined racing. Stead paid tribute to the aforementioned Sheffield fans during interview.

Ref Ronnie Allen enraged the home fans by excluding a bemused Tungate in heat 15 which led to an after race confrontation with the start marshal and a further heated discussion with Ronnie Allen after the victory parade.

There is no doubt in my mind that Somerset fans are treated week in week out to terrific racing and importantly real value for money. Once again a brilliant racing surface, which unfortunately became very dusty towards the end, superb chilli and chips and a decent pint of cider.

A great way to,spend a Friday night.

I'm already not looking forward to those long winter dark nights.

• Like 3

According to the rules the start marshall "must bring riders to the Start area in an orderly manner (determined by their gate position with inside being first) to the correct position"

Although Rohan was off his bike and gardening, at no time did the marshall attempt to bring the rider in gate one to the starting gate thus giving a clue to Rohan to get on his bike.

I know that these people give up their time often for no reward, I do think that this marshall needs to be more assertive on the start line as it would seem to me that it is his job to get them ready to race.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Don't very often see riders being brought forward in gate order.

Usually it's the marshall doing a lot of arm flapping or swimming strokes!

According to the rules the start marshall "must bring riders to the Start area in an orderly manner (determined by their gate position with inside being first) to the correct position"

Although Rohan was off his bike and gardening, at no time did the marshall attempt to bring the rider in gate one to the starting gate thus giving a clue to Rohan to get on his bike.

I know that these people give up their time often for no reward, I do think that this marshall needs to be more assertive on the start line as it would seem to me that it is his job to get them ready to race.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I saw it differently. Rohan came to the gate, did his gardening and lined up. The start Marshall then asked him to move over, presumably because he was infringing on gate 1. Rohan then proceeded to garden another groove and ran out of time. Correct decision by the ref IMO.