British Speedway Forum

Once again you're talking about taking away points.. his points are irrelevant.

There is no 'interpretation' required. That's if you know what ineligible means.

in·el·i·gi·ble
ˌinˈeləjəb(ə)l/
adjective
  1. legally or officially unable to be considered for a position or benefit.
    "they were ineligible for jury duty"

Now, Hancock is ineligible for the FIM Grand Prix World Speedway Championship. Not a Grand Prix itself.. not several Grand Prix's, not some races... but the actual Championship.

As such, he legally or officially is unable to be considered for a position or benefit... I'd suggest being considered Champion of the "FIM Grand Prix World Speedway Championship" is a benefit.

I've had two qualified lawyers look at this, one a fan, the other not, both concur, there simply isn't an argument and in legal terms he can't be champion. There is no interpretation to be made.

The FIM will hide behind a smokescreen of 'interpretation' because they know they've cocked up on the rule.

AND no doubt you could find two lawyers who agree. That's what lawyers do. But nothing will change your mind, and nor should it, but nothing will change the FIM either.

Once again you're talking about taking away points.. his points are irrelevant.

There is no 'interpretation' required. That's if you know what ineligible means.

in·el·i·gi·ble
ˌinˈeləjəb(ə)l/
adjective
  1. legally or officially unable to be considered for a position or benefit.
    "they were ineligible for jury duty"

Now, Hancock is ineligible for the FIM Grand Prix World Speedway Championship. Not a Grand Prix itself.. not several Grand Prix's, not some races... but the actual Championship.

As such, he legally or officially is unable to be considered for a position or benefit... I'd suggest being considered Champion of the "FIM Grand Prix World Speedway Championship" is a benefit.

I've had two qualified lawyers look at this, one a fan, the other not, both concur, there simply isn't an argument and in legal terms he can't be champion. There is no interpretation to be made.

The FIM will hide behind a smokescreen of 'interpretation' because they know they've cocked up on the rule.

AND no doubt you could find two lawyers who agree. That's what lawyers do. But nothing will change your mind, and nor should it, but nothing will change the FIM either.

Agree that Greg shouldn't loose his title.It was one race.I do think he should punished for pulling out of the meeting.

In the first statement from Greg I read something along the lines of the clutch lever came loose.It can cause the chain to come off.Really ?

The last I read said something like the lower clutch arm came loose.

If the clutch lever on the bars or the lower lever on the countershaft came loose the only thing it might do is cause the bike to creap farward on the start line.It wont cause the clutch to slip(loosing speed).Greg made a good start!! Once to the first corner you could take the levers off the bike and all the clutch plates for that matter and the bike will act the same.You only need them after the race when you pull the clutch in to turn around when you come back to the pits.Someone in the camp don't know their onions

Just my opinion ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke

one thing that is crystal clear on all this is that monster joe should be banned from entering the pits during a meeting , it should of been done a long time ago , you cant have a sponsor of a few riders openly acting like a chimp in the middle of what is supposed to be a professional pit area, he has no right to be there , last night I spoke to a member of the FIM who said in his opinion greg's actions were obvious but he doubted it was greg's idea, so it was obvious where he thought that idea had come from

Exactly!

just to add I don't think greg should lose his title but should get a big fine and start next season with a 10 point deduction

just to add I don't think greg should lose his title but should get a big fine and start next season with a 10 point deduction

But this is not what the regulations say. He is not eligible to be the champion. You can't make up what you think the punishment should be if the actual punishment is set out in the regulations.

But this is not what the regulations say. He is not eligible to be the champion. You can't make up what you think the punishment should be if the actual punishment is set out in the regulations.

I know but im thinking about the sports already embarrassing reputation , can we really afford another big embarrassment ? I agree he shouldn't get off scott free but I care about my beloved sport and just feel this will make us more of a mickey mouse sport in the eyes of the general public

• Like 1

I know but im thinking about the sports already embarrassing reputation , can we really afford another big embarrassment ? I agree he shouldn't get off scott free but I care about my beloved sport and just feel this will make us more of a mickey mouse sport in the eyes of the general public

I accept your sentiments but rules is rules and should be followed. Perhaps next month's AGM will get rid of many of the ridiculous rules that have ruined the sport since the turn of the millennium.

Agree that Greg shouldn't loose his title.It was one race.I do think he should punished for pulling out of the meeting.

In the first statement from Greg I read something along the lines of the clutch lever came loose.It can cause the chain to come off.Really ?

The last I read said something like the lower clutch arm came loose.

If the clutch lever on the bars or the lower lever on the countershaft came loose the only thing it might do is cause the bike to creap farward on the start line.It wont cause the clutch to slip(loosing speed).Greg made a good start!! Once to the first corner you could take the levers off the bike and all the clutch plates for that matter and the bike will act the same.You only need them after the race when you pull the clutch in to turn around when you come back to the pits.Someone in the camp don't know their onions

Just my opinion ;)

I think there might be a bit of a problem if you took the clutch plates out! :0

No.They are only there for the start.Once the bike is moving they are not needed.

If they are fitted they need to be good or clutch slip will ocour.If u take them out once on the move it wont make a differeance

Edited by Bald Bloke

No.They are only there for the start.Once the bike is moving they are not needed.

If they are fitted they need to be good or clutch slip will ocour.If u take them out once on the move it wont make a differeance

Agreed that the clutch lever and release mechanism are only used for the start but without the plates to transmit drive to the back wheel you won't be going anywhere.

what do you think transmits the power from the engine through the chain to the back wheel ? i think you'll find it's called a clutch.

Hancock should not lose the 2016 title as he won that fairly with more points than the rest. But he should get a ban from a GP or three in 2017 for being a cheat at Melbourne. I base that on the FIM panel adjudication that he broke a rule..

• Like 2

what do you think transmits the power from the engine through the chain to the back wheel ? i think you'll find it's called a clutch.

Gregs clutch was perfect from the start..If either of the 2 clutch levers went ** up once on the move it wouldn't affect the bike s drive

In effect the clutch would be fixed in the out position.

That was in the extreme but if it was how Greg said his clutch lever was it wouldnt affect the bike once out of start.

Edited by Bald Bloke

But this is not what the regulations say.

The regulations don't say that at all. They're poorly phrased but that would not be my interpretation of how to interpret them, regardless of what I think about Hancock's behaviour.