British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

please, if there is a speedway god, can he give us Rene Bach?

• Like 2

Looking forward to seeing the team tomorrow

Hoping to see Steve, Ludvig, Lewis and Ashley with the other three built in nicely around them, although I'm open for anything new too :)

please, if there is a speedway god, can he give us Rene Bach?

Unlikely, unfortunately...

Looks like a season without a team in UK. 1f914.png1f590-1f3fc.png#speedway

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing the team tomorrow

Hoping to see Steve, Ludvig, Lewis and Ashley with the other three built in nicely around them, although I'm open for anything new too :)

Unlikely, unfortunately...

It's hard to guess new riders when there's so many gaps in other teams say maybe a Kevin Wolbert signing because Edinburgh will probably keep him. A couple new signings wouldn't go amiss however!

Edit: The page didn't show that Bach tweet first time, I'm well and truly gutted. Wish it was a joke. ):

Edited by DiamondGlory

Might get there, work permitting, if not, then this forum will doubtless fill in my currant blanks. None of our 2016 riders are claimed as yet, but numbers will preclude a re-declaration, so lets see what, if any of the all the speculations bear fruit. One thing is certain, whingers united will be in direct competition to diamonds city as to whether we have the 'bees knees' or the 'parsons nose' squad make-up wise. Should make for a more than lively forum by this time Monday night.

• Like 1

It's hard to guess new riders when there's so many gaps in other teams say maybe a Kevin Wolbert signing because Edinburgh will probably keep him. A couple new signings wouldn't go amiss however!

Edit: The page didn't show that Bach tweet first time, I'm well and truly gutted. Wish it was a joke. ):

Edinburgh have said that they want rid of Wolbert because of all the travelling he has to do :P It was nearly the Riss brothers too by the sounds of it

I know, Rene is one of my favourite riders, I hope one day he'll be back

Might get there, work permitting, if not, then this forum will doubtless fill in my currant blanks. None of our 2016 riders are claimed as yet, but numbers will preclude a re-declaration, so lets see what, if any of the all the speculations bear fruit. One thing is certain, whingers united will be in direct competition to diamonds city as to whether we have the 'bees knees' or the 'parsons nose' squad make-up wise. Should make for a more than lively forum by this time Monday night.

I'm sure whatever the team is, George will get everything he can out of them :t:

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 1

Whingers or not, true fans will accept that it's the team we're given and they ride for the team we will support. Some people may not like a certain rider, and that's fine, everyone had their own opinions. It's when that rider helps win us a trophy and the haters jump ship that it becomes ridiculous. I honestly believe this year may be the year we win either the pairs or the fours. However, because the team hasn't been announced, don't hold me to that statement becaus it's subject to change!

No one knows what we will win until the team is announced :P Our top 4 could be anyone

Whingers or not, true fans will accept that it's the team we're given and they ride for the team we will support. Some people may not like a certain rider, and that's fine, everyone had their own opinions. It's when that rider helps win us a trophy and the haters jump ship that it becomes ridiculous. I honestly believe this year may be the year we win either the pairs or the fours. However, because the team hasn't been announced, don't hold me to that statement becaus it's subject to change!

We thought that for the season just ended, but were denied by the fact the top riders were unavailable on those days.

• Like 1

We thought that for the season just ended, but were denied by the fact the top riders were unavailable on those days.

I hope whatever team is put together, that they don't ride in the EL, Ricky would be good there :) If we went with him at 1, and then a bunch of 6/7 pointers to finish the top 5 and then 2 NL reserves, it'd be good, try to field a 7 man team every week

Where does it say this?

In the season ticket renewal application posted out forms!

Good point. But new riders, new season, (hopefully) new trophies. Just have to be optimistic! and hope the new riders aren't needed elsewhere.

Still hoping for a return of 'Trevor'

Trevor?

Trevor?

And you call yourself a Diamonds fan! 'Trevor Bach'? the welsh connection, please keep up.

And you call yourself a Diamonds fan! 'Trevor Bach'? the welsh connection, please keep up.

Welsh connection?

I am a Diamonds fan :P I just don't keep up with the daft nicknames :)