British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

Not necessarily needs to be a 3pointer. It depends what they decide at the conference. Personally I'd expect to see some change here. There won't be enough 3 pointers with potential to go round since most of this seasons no. 7 have increased there averages to above this. if you have to put a 3 point man in at 7 then some of these will be out of work because not many teams would want a 3 to 4 point man in at no. 6. That's the reason Rob Branford was out of a job at the beginning of the season as Edinburgh had to effectively choose between him and Max Clegg as they couldn't accommodate both with having to have another 3 point man in as well.

Would be nice to see an under 21 British rider at No7 with an average ratio of between 3 ave and 5 ave, fixed at No7 for the season, then 38 points to assemble the other 6 riders.

Would be nice to see an under 21 British rider at No7 with an average ratio of between 3 ave and 5 ave, fixed at No7 for the season, then 38 points to assemble the other 6 riders.

Theres a big difference between a 3 and a 5 averaged rider though, You could get a Brandford, Roynon etc or someone like Danny Phillips that would be a hell of an advantage

I'm not advocating that all teams have a number 7 on a 3 point average - im just assuming given the averages we will have to find one !!!!!

I would have thought a lot of number 7's will keep place on their 3-4 point average

Anyone over 4 should now be a number 6 in 2017

Don't know exactly but I would have thought only 3-5 new riders from NL are needed with 8-10 of the current 13 number 7 still riding at 7 next year

Still talking the same rubbish as before . Please do tell us how Trevor Swales and Ged Rathbone let him down without calling people idiots Lambert was the one that kept missing meetings not the management .Calling people idiots just shows your ignorance and mentality . what meetings was he forced to miss by management then and why would any team wish to force one of there top riders to miss meetings , this should be interesting, can't wait for your reply

Rathbone had Lamberts dates for abroad, agreed to change any that clashed, That did not happen, Lambert was forced to go to medical room after a meeting at Kings Lynn and get a sick note, failing that he would of been fined and banned for 28days

Lambert then missed earning money by having to miss meetings due to Rathbones cockups

my mental status is a1 and I am certainly not ignorant!!!!!!!!!

Rathbone and Swales are idiots for treating Lambert how they did and also with the sackings of riders during a meeting this season

An interesting theory but I don't believe for one moment that was the case, I actually think it was a learning curve for him and his family what happened at Peterborough and to there credit they have put it right , the lad has a great talent and will with the right management and commitment go a long way in the sport and I wish him well .

I bet the Lambert family have learnt a lot....... they will never make another mistake like they did when they joined the Panthers

Rathbone had Lamberts dates for abroad, agreed to change any that clashed, That did not happen, Lambert was forced to go to medical room after a meeting at Kings Lynn and get a sick note, failing that he would of been fined and banned for 28days

Lambert then missed earning money by having to miss meetings due to Rathbones cockups

Rathbone and Swales are idiots for treating Lambert how they did and also with the sackings of riders during a meeting this season

I bet the Lambert family have learnt a lot....... they will never make another mistake like they did when they joined the Panthers

I think that the Lambert's are delighted with the way Newcastle have treat them and returned the favour. Recording interviews for the 'Meet the Rider night when he was out of the country. Must admit he has played a full part on making the relationship work. Of course, Newcastle have always treat riders right, hence the reason why riders are always keen to come back to us.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

Well I am surprised you didn't mention the fours finals that he declared himself unfit for after scoring 18 point max guesting for Rye House the night before .

Theres a big difference between a 3 and a 5 averaged rider though, You could get a Brandford, Roynon etc or someone like Danny Phillips that would be a hell of an advantage

but surely Branford and Roynon etc are over 21 ;)

Well I am surprised you didn't mention the fours finals that he declared himself unfit for after scoring 18 point max guesting for Rye House the night before .

but that never happened,,,

I like the idea in Poland, where a rider stays at No 7 until he passes 21 yrs, irrespective of his average. I suppose it's the luck of the draw if you get a good rider.

I like the idea in Poland, where a rider stays at No 7 until he passes 21 yrs, irrespective of his average. I suppose it's the luck of the draw if you get a good rider.

You'd think after 21 years at No.7 they'd be good enough to go into the team or should give up altogether ;)

• Like 1

but surely Branford and Roynon etc are over 21 ;)

but that never happened,,,

Yes it did 1st august 2015 Rye House v Newcastle score was 55 -38 not 18 points but 15 point max

Yes it did 1st august 2015 Rye House v Newcastle score was 55 -38 not 18 points but 15 point max

Didn't he drop his bike on his leg that night though

I thought he scored 15 also,,, he maybe felt disillusioned with the promotion and accidentally dropped his bike on his leg ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

More importantly than whining about things that happened months ago, did we ever find out what the extent of Matej's injuries were after his crash last week? :(

More importantly than whining about things that happened months ago, did we ever find out what the extent of Matej's injuries were after his crash last week? :(

Well he was at Glasgow the following day helping the lads. I believe it was just the compulsory 8 day rest required following a possible concussion that stopped him riding.

• Like 1

Well he was at Glasgow the following day helping the lads. I believe it was just the compulsory 8 day rest required following a possible concussion that stopped him riding.

I'm so glad to hear it was a relatively minor injury compared to what I had feared when the ambulance came out :( Nasty looking crash and I'm glad he's ok :t: Maybe a little sore in the head :P